2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

How do your friends and family feel about the new Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 02:48 PM

My girlfriend is as excited about me getting it as I am. My sister owns a C6 and think's it looks like a dodge. My brother is an ex WS.6 and C5 owner and likes it. My friends like it and want me to get it even though most of them are ford guys. But all in all I really don't care what they think because I love it.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:15 PM

Family likes it, co-workers love it, girlfriend has poked at it
and has taken a ride in it.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:13 PM

I think my wife wants me to have a new Camaro even more than I want one!
Old 01-07-2008, 07:28 PM

I dont think the gf cares right now.
When I went to NYIAS with my dad and the middle brother, they both were awe struck and drooling over it. My dad says its doesnt look "retro" enough and that people like him "want a car that looks like the old ones" and thats why "Mustang is doing so well."
My middle brother likes but, but says to me "wtf are you gunna do with teh other 2?"
My mom thinks its pretty. I know a lot guys at work that range from all sorts of car people, like the car but think its gunna cost too much because it looks too expensive.
I tell them that its gotta compete with the Mustang, and they dont belive me. They think its gunna be priced like a Corvette or something. OOne of them said that "GM will only make like 10k of them, jack the pricing up to like 60k, and no one will buy them, like the SSR."
Old 01-07-2008, 10:36 PM

My wife has given me the green light to buy the new Camaro. I told her that it would not be a daily driver... and even applied guy logic for the need to get the big bad Camaro as an "investment" I thought I would get the smack down from that but she agreed. The kids are excited... they give me strange looks spending so much time looking at this web site. Parents and sisters are excited... co-workers are excited... and even my 69 RS is excited. I don't need to be one of the first ones on the block to own the new Camaro... I will be patient and see what wicked wonders the minds of the Camaro Dream team will come up with

Have not decided 100% between the soft top and the coupe... horsepower may be the deciding factor... plus we have not seen the vert with the top up.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:50 PM

My Uncle and his son love it (he had several First Gens)
I had the Cz28 wallpaper on my desktop at work and had quite a few questions about what kinda car that was...all positive remarks!

And WOW! Is there a lot of mis-information out there about this car with regards to the people I talk to about it! (LS2 is the big one, among others)
Old 01-08-2008, 08:03 AM

Everyone in my family (none of which are car nuts) thinks it's the only car I belong in. My late father-in-law absolutely loved the concept.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:21 AM

Friends and family?

Some of my friends worked on previous Camaro and they all have fond memories what Camaro means and all of them are thrilled to see it coming back.

Some of my friends are working on the new Camaro and they are stoked to be involved with the return of a car that means so much to them and others.

Some of my friends are in racing and one team in particular wants me to help get them a "body in white" so they can campaign the new Camaro on the racing circuits around the country. They used to run Ferrari 360's and now run Corvettes... I think they have taste and the cash to entertain that good taste.

Some of my friends know I know a bit about the Camaro and they ALWAYS express genuine excitement and interest in the new car. It's a topic that comes up almost immediately, and repeatidly. They genuinely want the car, and it's not a passing interest deal at all.

I love the great buzz and vibe surrounding the coming Camaro. I haven't seen anything like it . . . and I've seen a lot.

Last edited by 1fastdog; 01-08-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:07 AM

My dad loves it and looks forward to me buying it so he can try it out, even though by his own admission he's too old to have muscle car again he thinks I should buy it since he enjoyed the American muscle cars of his youth a great deal. My mom think it's a good looking car.

My brother loves it also, he drooled when I showed him the prototype shot. My oldest sis think it's very goodlooking and cool car and my yougest sis think it's mostly intresting that I'm so obsessed with it.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:12 AM

My daughter to be says she loves it. She hasn't been born yet but I can tell she loves it cuz everytime I think about the Camaro I get a tingle in my *****.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:14 PM

My girlfriend aka future fiance/wife loves it. She told me last night she searched pictures last night of the concept (as well as pics I have already shown her) and said she can't wait for us to get one! Needless to say I'm pretty pumped.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:11 PM

--I think it's a nice looking car, but I'm not foaming at the mouth right now. I'll always like the '93-'97 4th gen styling best. (Realistically speaking) I might be willing to buy a 5th gen after 2011+ once they get all the kinks worked out and offer some additional options and such. I'd probably only buy one if the color was nice and if the car was very easy to drive. If it's difficult to see out of and park like the 4th gen, I won't want one as my daily driver, because then I'd have two cars that are hard to drive.

Sometimes it's nice to just hop in a car like my Corolla (even though I dislike it otherwise) and drive to and from the mailbox, rather than get in the 4th gen, slowly backout, make sure nobody hits me, slowly crawl over the speed bumps, get the mail, try to do a u-turn, have to go in reverse to complete the u-turn, and then drive home.

--My sister originally thought it looked like a Mustang, but she says she's tired of driving the '95 Z28 everyday, and wants one. Apparently my mom and I are the only ones who still think the rattles, bad window motors, and off-and-on check engine light on the '95 Z28 are just part of the car's "character."

--My mom doesn't really like the way the 5th gen looks. She always liked sleek cars and doesn't like how it's boxy. She'd rather have a Lamborghini Murcielago or Saleen S7 instead.

--My dad... I don't know. He doesn't like Camaros since my parents got divorced. He's more of a Corvette guy. He's probably not even considering it.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:48 PM

My wife and I have talked about buying a new one....although with the already pumped up pricing over invoice that is not going to happen for sure in the first year of production.......but we will evaluate it after it hits the market.

So far the interior is a big turnoff....but I need to see in person to really make that determination.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:38 PM

6-y-o son has a collection of Bumblebees he got for Christmas (literally about 6 of them)

17-y-o son talked sense into my head when I started dreaming about a Corvette about 3 months ago. Said, "Dad, Corvettes aren't nearly as cool as the Camaro is." Smart young man. (Scott, you signed his concept poster at Carlisle, last summer.)

15-y-o daughter asked me last Saturday, "Dad, are you getting a new Camaro when they come out?" When I said absolutely, she asked, "Can I have your Pace Car?" I said, not a chance

Wife said, "No honey, Dad's going to sell it when he gets a new Camaro." I said, "Forget it dear, if I have to sell my collector car, I getting a Corvette" (an idle threat, just don't tell her that)

Don't worry Scott, I'll get the Corvette, too. You're my role model

Last edited by mudbone; 03-01-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:54 PM

Family? They all think it's a nice looking vehicle. My dad even plans on getting one shortly after I've gotten mine (he's informed me he'll 'let' me get one first).

Friends? I think one looks forward to me getting it. Others are indifferent, but think it's nice looking. Yet others couldn't care less.

Co-Workers? Some look forward to it. Some are indifferent. Some think it's ugly. A few think it looks just like a Mustang. All most likely can't wait for it to come out so they don't have to hear about it, or see it on my computer anymore...

Quick Reply: How do your friends and family feel about the new Camaro?