2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

How do your friends and family feel about the new Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 09:45 AM

How do your friends and family feel about the new Camaro?

As soon as the Transformers movie was released all of my family and 90% of my friends "expected" me to buy it. Even my neighbours are counting down the days till it gets released because they want to come check out mine.

I haven't told any of them that I'm not for sure buying it yet and that I'm waiting to see what the final production model is like. But its weird because I now almost feel obligated to buy it.

My wife still likes the Mustang but is warming up to the new Camaro. She had a Mustang when we met but I converted her. She currently drives a GMC Yukon, Previous car was a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP.

Last edited by Gripenfelter; 01-07-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:59 AM

Fiance loves it. She wants me to get one.... go figure, huh? What a coincidence, as I will be getting one

Dad LOVES it. My mom "thinks it looks cool." My dad has a few first gen birds. A 67 hardtop, 68 ragtop, and 68 ragtop SPRINT, all of which are in sad shape. I hope to one day get the hardtop from him, by far the nicest/most solid of the group. It was "home restored" in '89 but has been sitting since about '93 I think a medium blue 67 bird would go well with my 67 C-10 and new Camaro

Last edited by Silverado C-10; 01-07-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:14 AM

My wife has ok'd me to get one, once I've paid off the GP GXP within a year or two. She wants to take my GP - she drives it to her work sometimes and loves it.

Others in my family (sis, bro-in-law) were bummed when I got my 05 GTO (since sold). They said it was a mistake to trade in my Sunset Orange 2002 Trans Am. I believe they will like my new Camaro
Old 01-07-2008, 11:00 AM

My wife wants a V8 convertible stick.. in orange with the gun metal stripes... and gun metal wheels.

My mom wants a V6 convertible....

I have plenty of friends that have plans of getting one (many of them already have a Camaro saving account and wifes that have given the OK)

everyone that is not a car nut that have seen the car LOVE IT...
Old 01-07-2008, 11:31 AM

She says it makes her wet! and wants a vert, auto doesnt care what engine, in silver.

My brothers love it, my sisters didnt know what it was in the movie but after seeign it want it.

I want my hardtop/no sunroof in Atomic Orange/Gunmetal two tone. LS3, T56.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:52 AM

By brother and his dirt-track buddies all like it and say they are all getting one.
Thats odd considering I've never seen any of them in a car that cost more than 4k.
So who knows.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:52 AM

My wife can't believe I am thinking about buying a Camaro (she is not a car person at all, and I think has flashbacks of the mullet days).

But, I don't care -- this one is my car.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:58 AM

My family has been asking me when I'm buying it....I haven't told them that it isn't, in any way, a sure thing.....
Old 01-07-2008, 12:28 PM

none of my friends or family are car enthusiests really.. but everyone whos seen the concept car or bumblebee in transformers agrees that its a pretty nice looking car.. though none of them are the types of people who would buy such a car
Old 01-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

My wife wants one. I think we're going to need two.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:57 PM

One of my best buddies who had a 1994 z28 dident like it when the concept came out, and when i showed him the pre-production model pic of the white one, he said it looks bloated and heavy plus the fact that it looks like GM tried to hard to make it retro.
My other buddy a diehard GM fan with his dad building a chevelle featuring a ls7 said he likes it, but it looks to retro and not modern enough to continue with the style direction of the 4th gen.
On the contrary many of my best friends do really like the direction style wise GM chose and want to buy one now.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by FS3800
none of my friends or family are car enthusiests really.. but everyone whos seen the concept car or bumblebee in transformers agrees that its a pretty nice looking car.. though none of them are the types of people who would buy such a car
That reminds me of when I saw Transformers at the theater. I was amazed what happened when the 'new' Bumblebee car drove up to the hero and his girl, in that tunnel. Everyone in the theater broke out in applause!
Old 01-07-2008, 01:16 PM

My family is fully aware of the new Camaro, even mom whom doesnt know very much about cars. They know I have a little savings for the car and since I've had 3 in the past it's only a matter of time when I buy another one. Mom asked over the holidays if the money I asked for (instead of gifts, easier to travel with across the country) was for the Camaro fund or new clubs... A little bit for each.

Dad on the other hard is a long time Camaro fan and has been into this car as I've kept him in the know. I send him links to this site when new pics or info come up. He recently sold his '75 Vette convert and is a bit antsy for a new project but like many older guys he now understands that the new muscle cars give you the cake and a fork to eat it too. I think he may give the new Camaro convert a serious look.

My cousin whom is restoring (slowly) a '68 Camaro into a fun play car as it's not a Z or SS or even V8 car origionally but will be something fun and cool with a newer GM V8. He said recently that he too thought the new Camaro convert would be very nice to have and if he gets tired of the '68 project he'll sell it and buy a new one.

I know of two friends who want to buy the Camaro but I'd say those chances are less than 50% as when it comes to buying a new car there is a lot to considder.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:24 PM

When the concept was revealed on the net, I showed my wife. She turned to me and said " What color are you getting ?"....... That was the stamp of approval right there !!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 02:06 PM

its looks hot.

Quick Reply: How do your friends and family feel about the new Camaro?