2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how for the 5th gen camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 10:22 PM

how for the 5th gen camaro?

i need one. i will have one so i want to know approximatley how much she will cost me so i can make a budget plan. any ideas?

*how MUCH for the 5th gen camaro?*
Old 10-29-2006, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by cbcs
i need one. i will have one so i want to know approximatley how much she will cost me so i can make a budget plan. any ideas?

*how MUCH for the 5th gen camaro?*
I think the speculation is around $18-20g's for the V-6; 25-28g's for the entry level V-8 and $33-35 for the Premium V-8

You should read around on here before posting your first post so that you at least have a frame of reference as this has been discussed on many of the threads.

At this point it is all a guessing game. All that is for certain is that GM has officially announced that it will be "competitively priced" and that is of course in reference to the Mustang primarily.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by casull
I think the speculation is around $18-20g's for the V-6; 25-28g's for the entry level V-8 and $33-35 for the Premium V-8
I'd add about 1 to 2 and maybe even 3 grand to each of your estimate.

I have a thread, if someone wants to look it up, where I have broken price down by option for each model.

The options and details are a little off since I put it together a while back and much has been learned, but I'd assume my numbers are still pretty on.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:16 AM

thanks alot, and im sorry for not searching i used to post on this board a while back when i had my z28. i hadn't been to this site in about a year and it made me sad i was gone so long. god i miss my car!!! i made it a goal of mine to when i get the money i will buy a brand new baby. props for the f-body entusiast!
Old 11-08-2006, 06:59 PM

Just follow the prices of current Mustangs ..... price your comparable Camaro accordingly . There may be some dealerships marking up the price big time at first, but there should be some around offering MSRP, and that SHOULD be at par with Mustang prices .
Old 11-09-2006, 01:29 AM

Like the Capt'n said, follow Mustang.

I'd add a grand or so to that estimate, though. GM is supposedly aiming pretty high with quality, and the car is already going to have more expensive components.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:08 AM

Hopefully the car is WORTH the extra ~$1g or so?

The Camaro always was a little more than Mustang, but performance aside, I don't know if the quality difference was really "worth it"? I mean, factor in things like explosive 10-bolts compared to beefy 8.8's, you could argue that the Mustang was the "better buy"??

I have faith that GM is going to get this car right though . From a public relations standpoint, I think they should take a slight hit and under-cut the Mustang's price by a hair, show that they're aiming to COMPETE, while still offering a BETTER product . Like GM has done with the new warranty program, stand behind their product. Don't price it how "they think" it's worth, price it how the PUBLIC thinks it's worth ... and if it's a Mustang competitor, then that's where its price needs to be .

Perhaps I don't know/understand enough about "business" to make an accurate judgement on that, but that's the smart move IMO.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
Hopefully the car is WORTH the extra ~$1g or so?

The Camaro always was a little more than Mustang, but performance aside, I don't know if the quality difference was really "worth it"? I mean, factor in things like explosive 10-bolts compared to beefy 8.8's, you could argue that the Mustang was the "better buy"??

I have faith that GM is going to get this car right though . From a public relations standpoint, I think they should take a slight hit and under-cut the Mustang's price by a hair, show that they're aiming to COMPETE, while still offering a BETTER product . Like GM has done with the new warranty program, stand behind their product. Don't price it how "they think" it's worth, price it how the PUBLIC thinks it's worth ... and if it's a Mustang competitor, then that's where its price needs to be .

Perhaps I don't know/understand enough about "business" to make an accurate judgement on that, but that's the smart move IMO.
You seem to forget things like a better stance, 6 speed tranny, all aluminum engine, fighter jet cockpit, none of these things the did the Mustang GT's have. Cobra's might have but you couldn't get a Cobra for a little over $20k like you could a GT or a Z28.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:59 AM

Hey, you don't have to convince ME that a Camaro is a better car (look at what I drive ) but unfortunately, "Joe Q Public" doesn't give a rat's a$$ about those things, otherwise Camaros never would have gone on hiatus, and the Mustang would be outsold.

The fact of the matter is, Ford has done something "right" with the Mustang. Whether it's the look, the feel, the PRICE ... something makes (correction, MADE) it appeal to buyers more than F-bodies. This is why I think GM needs to adjust the price of the Camaro to be more appealing, and let the "car" sell itself .