2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Got this in my email today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 11:20 PM

Re: Got this in my email today!!!

IMHO, it is definately a production sketch. It even has a handbrake, which the console obviously didnt have. my guess? this was what the interior's production design was likely going to be... before the concept was debuted.

I had been led to believe that the interior was going to see drastic changes and the above stated is the only reason i can think of for this picture (if it is a genuine GM drawing)
Old 10-03-2006, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by blue 79 Z/28
ok, they ooze holden to me
We'll be seeing them with Pontiac badges before too long.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by slayerxxx213
I really don't understand how so many people can be so thrilled about the "retro-ish" exterior but then be so against a "retro-ish" interior
because the interior is much more towards the retro scale, an an interior is not just someting you look at, but it's someting you sit in, and use.. and things have come a long way in the last 40 years on useability of interiors
Old 10-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Prominent Member

Honestly, I'm ready for something different than the overused half clamshell instrument panel overhang and corporate center stack....
Old 10-03-2006, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by FS3800
and things have come a long way in the last 40 years on useability of interiors
Just because it looks retro, doesn't mean it won't be usable. GM knows they have to do the interior right, just as much as the outside of the car. It could be worse, it could be a 3rd or 4th gen interior, neither retro, nor useable.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:56 AM

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm a fan of the retro interior. It reminds me a lot of my 68. I'm already used to scanning the console for engine temp, oil pressure, etc.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by BitchinCamaro
Just because it looks retro, doesn't mean it won't be usable. GM knows they have to do the interior right, just as much as the outside of the car. It could be worse, it could be a 3rd or 4th gen interior, neither retro, nor useable.
I have no issue with the layout of my fourth gen. Save maybe the cupholder behind the shifter.

All the stuff like visibility, seating height isn't an interior failure...
Old 10-03-2006, 10:19 AM

I don't like it, but it's not exactly a deal-breaker type of thing for me either.

The thing I really hate is that integrated HVAC/audio business. That crap has to stop. Let me put in my own head unit!!! That abomination is going to make head unit upgrades either impossible, or incredibly clumsy.

That commodore interior is beautiful! Audi-esque but still sporty.

Last edited by Jim85IROC; 10-03-2006 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Jim85IROC
The thing I really hate is that integrated HVAC/audio business. That crap has to stop. Let me put in my own head unit!!! That abomination is going to make head unit upgrades either impossible, or incredibly clumsy.
I feel the same way, but the problem is that it is unavoidable. I don't have a problem predicting that everything will be that way before too long. Driver info system, audio systems, HVAC, diagnostics...I think it will all be one cluster. I just hope if that is the case, the aftermarket will follow suit and offer updgrade units that integrate into the system.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by ZZMike
I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm a fan of the retro interior. It reminds me a lot of my 68. I'm already used to scanning the console for engine temp, oil pressure, etc.
I am part of the minority too. I am all for something fresh - even if fresh means retro.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:28 AM

thats ok, its not gonna look like that, "much ado about nothing"
Old 10-03-2006, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Good Ph.D
I have no issue with the layout of my fourth gen.
I agree.....I always felt like I was climbing into a fighter jet cockpit when I got into my '95.....I'd like to see this layout used as a starting point with the 5th gen and modernized to todays standards.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
Honestly, I'm ready for something different than the overused half clamshell instrument panel overhang and corporate center stack....
At least I'm not the only one that feels this way. I freaking hate how every car/truck/suv has the same damn gauge/console/center stack setup. There's minor differences in fonts and button sizes but generally they're all the SAME!!! I want something DIFFERENT for a change! I was never fond of the gauges on the floor but stacking them between the speedo and tach would be just fine with me. I just want to be able to buy the thing!!! 2 years is still a long ways off!
Old 10-03-2006, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by stars1010
I agree.....I always felt like I was climbing into a fighter jet cockpit when I got into my '95.....I'd like to see this layout used as a starting point with the 5th gen and modernized to todays standards.
Agree, The interior on the 4th gens (espically the 98+camaro) has always been one of my fav its so fun to drive and u get that go fast feel from sitting in it with its awsome design and long *** front window haha.

I like the 5th gen interior doesnt bother me. Id take modern as well but its fine to me as it is.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:40 PM

The think is...with a car selling as cheap as the Camaro's price point, you simply will not have the types of materials that you see in more expensive cars...so you basically have to over design to compensat for it...kinda like in the Mustang.

I am willing to be this was a drawing done to show how the concept's interior would translate to production. That does not mean that they will use that design though.

What I am most interested in is that Stereo..because there is no other vehicle I can see that working in (at this point).

Quick Reply: Got this in my email today!!!