2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Got this in my email today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 02:13 PM

Re: Got this in my email today!!!

Originally Posted by blue 79 Z/28
but having a pt cruiser/prowler/thunderbird camaro will work this time right??!
The car and interior are no where near that retro. If you look at the drawing, there are three Spaces to put the gauges, two large and one rectangular in the middle. Now insert the picture of the Commadore's gauge cluster, that fits. not so sure about the oil pressure and fuel but that can be added in there with the speedo and tach or over on the dash by the HVAC controls or down by the shifter like the concept.

oh, didn't chrysler sell a lot of the pt cruisers??? yeah, I believe they did
Old 10-02-2006, 02:24 PM

:dunno: I like it, but I can understand what is being said about wanting it to be more modern. I am good either way.

David
Old 10-02-2006, 02:37 PM

Assuming that orange stip doesn't HAVE to be that color, I love it. All the orange was what I hated about the concepts interior. Make it silver colored.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:41 PM

i'm just sad you all jump on the "Im not going to buy it" bandwagon..

See it in person, in production, then make your decision.. its all i got to say.

-steve
Old 10-02-2006, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by 96SSConv#2033
I guess no in-dash DVD/Nav. The more I see, the more I feel like I'm going to get a C6. Oh well.
What? Don't like roadmaps?

If it's any consolation, OnStar will be standard (all GM cars will have it by 2009), and you can always buy one at Radio Shack.

Originally Posted by JasonD
You guys sure are getting your underwear bunched up over a single picture with no addtiional information at this point. When it is finalized, then you can get worked up but don't pass judgment on it without knowing anything about it. It is just a sketch and we don't know how accurate or how old it is. The car is still a couple of years away, and everything can change.
Although I'm with you about not getting worked up before we actually see it, but I'd say that's a little bit beyond "just a sketch" there, wouldn't you agree?

As for the whining, I absolutely hated the console guages. I also made a post after I went to the introduction that the interior quality of this car has to be over the top.The interior of the car is clean. Too clean. So clean that items like the stitching on the seats and dash, the chrome shifter & assembly as well as the guages, and the "color strip" were needed to set the interior off... and it was obvious that none could be carried over into production. Therefore, the quality of materials have to be over the top or else the car's interior is going to feel like a base model 80s era Korean spec Hyundai... or the 1st gen Neon.

I'm still willing to give GM the benefit until I actually see and feel the interior myself. I think we all should.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
I'm still willing to give GM the benefit until I actually see and feel the interior myself. I think we all should.
I am as well....Im just not thrilled at the design direction.....
Old 10-02-2006, 02:59 PM

About the only deal breakers for me is if the top engine available is a supercharged 6 or turbo 4, if they change it to front wheel drive, if they make it a four door, if the only color available is pink, or if they change the name. None of those seem like they are going to happen so I'm most likely going to be purchasing one.

in regards to the topic at hand. I'm not sure what I think about the concept interior but I have a feeling whatever they come up with will grow on me. I'm not particularly a fan of the third or fourth gen cars interiors but I lived hapily with both generations.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:20 PM

They need to make the interior like this:

Old 10-02-2006, 03:41 PM

NO CUP HOLDERS?!!?!?!?!?!

I never noticed that the HVAC information was displayed on the orange strip, that's pretty cool. Though I'm not exactly thrilled how the center stack flows. I like the overall design off the interior. Color cordination like the 04-06 GTOs would be awesome.

Honestly, my only beef with the interior was the gauges. Not the design, just the materials they used that gave it a cheap/fake chrome look. I'm sure they'll fix that for the production. You guys say you want A SS-V type interior in a retro Camaro, but I really don't think that would look right at all.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:52 PM

Comparison photos:
Concept

Also this thing looks pretty darn real near the windshield, or where it would be, could this be a render that was blurred to make it look less realistic or hide details?
Old 10-02-2006, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by 91_z28_4me
could this be a render that was blurred to make it look less realistic or hide details?
I think it's a render that is JUST concerned with the dash assembly itself and not the console, door panels, or anything else. I think that's why the console is blurred - might not even be from the same designer or supplier. While I think if this is genuine some assumptions can be made about the dash itself, I don't think that anything about the console can be determined here. I'm not sure that it's a touchscreen in the middle of the dash so much as a blank spot for a yet undetermined radio or sound system, though obviously a nav screen isn't out of the question.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Eric77TA
I think it's a render that is JUST concerned with the dash assembly itself and not the console, door panels, or anything else. I think that's why the console is blurred - might not even be from the same designer or supplier. While I think if this is genuine some assumptions can be made about the dash itself, I don't think that anything about the console can be determined here. I'm not sure that it's a touchscreen in the middle of the dash so much as a blank spot for a yet undetermined radio or sound system, though obviously a nav screen isn't out of the question.
I thought the same thing. The rendering is from the vendor who is providing the dash, but not neccessarily the rest of the interior.

BTW... just in case anyone missed it... I love it!

P.S. I'm guessing the accent color could be body color if need be.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:52 PM

its way to flat and fat. i like the top of the dash, just not the front down
Old 10-02-2006, 05:17 PM

I hope that retro dash doesn't make it to production. When i saw the Mustand i imediately saw that even the dash pad was like the old one, but the general public won't get that stuff so it's a waste. Those crome gauges are horrendous. Put the other gauges back where they belong like in the 3rd and 4th gen.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:35 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

much ado about nothing........

Quick Reply: Got this in my email today!!!