2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Got this in my email today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 12:25 PM

Re: Got this in my email today!!!

Originally Posted by blue 79 Z/28
gm has never got this but the interior is the MOST important part of the car. its where the driver resides and its what he lives with 100% of the time with the car. it has to be quality, with good seats and tasteful.
I couldn’t agree more……I think this could be a big mistake for GM…the novelty of the interior will turn buyers away after the first model year…..

It better have had a interior refreshing by the fall of 2009 when I head down to my Chevy dealership
Old 10-02-2006, 12:43 PM

I like the Holden interior. That would be a good starting point for GM. I want to be able to monitor as many aspects of the car I can.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:48 PM

I like it.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:54 PM

I guess no in-dash DVD/Nav. The more I see, the more I feel like I'm going to get a C6. Oh well.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Bert02SS

Originally Posted by Abidar
I had hoped they were going to do a more modern dash... Where are the other gauges (oil pressure, volts, temp, etc) going to go? Not feelin' it.
It's kinda fuzzy, but it looks like the console gauges got ditched.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Admin Emeritus

You guys sure are getting your underwear bunched up over a single picture with no addtiional information at this point. When it is finalized, then you can get worked up but don't pass judgment on it without knowing anything about it. It is just a sketch and we don't know how accurate or how old it is. The car is still a couple of years away, and everything can change.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
You guys sure are getting your underwear bunched up over a single picture with no addtiional information at this point. When it is finalized, then you can get worked up but don't pass judgment on it without knowing anything about it. It is just a sketch and we don't know how accurate or how old it is. The car is still a couple of years away, and everything can change.
well we are just "what if" ing. bottom line, if its retro like concept then lots of people will turn away from it, including me. im not saying no i wont buy the car, cuz we havent seen it obviously. im saying "IF" it looks like that ill pass.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:15 PM

I think it looks a lot more cleaned up then the concept interior did. I like it.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:19 PM

it's not a deal breaker for me, but i'd prefer a more modern interior...

that's definately different than the concept interior.. besides what's already been pointed out, there's a display area above the radio/hvac ***** that there isnt in the concept interior
Old 10-02-2006, 01:20 PM

I like it! I think if anyone here was expecting a complete makeover from what the concept was, they are in an alternate reality. The reason that car is being produced is because the majority love it. If you don't, who cares, go buy something else!
Old 10-02-2006, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by 2lane69
I like it! I think if anyone here was expecting a complete makeover from what the concept was, they are in an alternate reality. The reason that car is being produced is because the majority love it. If you don't, who cares, go buy something else!
ok i will. and thats my point. we are a special breed here. we are camaro enthusiusts here, which means we have a special place for these cars. now put yourself in the general publics position. if i can say i dont like the pure retro interior, what about some other guy whose compairing the car to other cars in its class gonna say? or even out of class? ive been thinking stepping up to a C55 AMG for a while, while about 50k cdn for one slightly used, its still 5.5L rwd and 370hp. and a nice modern interior. its gonna be the same money as a new camaro for me. or maybe look at the grand prix thats coming. its a commodore SS. modern interior. tell me what car out there that isnt a bomb has that hardcore retro interior? none! its a novelty thing, gets old fast, excuse the pun. if gm wants to sell more then LS1 numbers with this car, they have to appeal to the general public. and 99% of the cars out there weather your shopping for a camry or accord, or a 350z or a wrx, they all have modern interiors sans tacky 50's chevy headlight bezels for instument clusters

i know its just my oppinion, but the car looks so modern and stealth/caddy inspired. i cant see them not making the interior modern to todays and tomorrows standard too.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:32 PM

yeah i like it, its gotta be cheap and simple, thats exactly what its supposed to be, i dont think stitching is going to be possible though because it looks like a hard plastic dash. this car is going to be somewhat retro, if you want a commodore ss, then wait til gm brings em over. gm needs there cars to all be different, having 8 different trailblazers is exactly what they dont need.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:35 PM

but having a pt cruiser/prowler/thunderbird camaro will work this time right??!
Old 10-02-2006, 02:07 PM

From a car audio industry perspective based on the concept draw'r'ings:

-No single/double DIN opening. Why? Although products like the Clean Sweep, 3Sixty.1 and .2, and numerous AudioControl products make adding on to the OEM system possible, it's not cool to see an enthusaist vehicle (Read: One that WILL be modded) not even include a workable space for a head unit upgrade. Hope this changes come production.

-Not factory speaker locations visible. Kick areas and doors look PRIME for front stage buildups. As Borat would say, "Very nice!".

-Nice to see a fairly symmetrical dash with little overhang over the floor. Kicks builds and use of horns would work really well, without much in the way to block the sound from down low. Good stuff.

Let's all hope the quality of materials is way above and beyond whatever is in use now. Can't stand how cheap the Cobalt interior is, and I had a hard time keeping down my lunch with the G6's door panels.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:13 PM

We'll see as time gets a little closer what GM sets as the final version for the interior. A visiually appealing and functional interior is a must for my next car. While not a deal breaker, I'd want a top notch interior/ cluster vs. what I've seen in the new "retro" must@ngs.

Quick Reply: Got this in my email today!!!