2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is GM on the verge of creating "Camaro fatigue"?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 06:53 PM

Folks the extra time they take will make all the differance of this car being a home run or another told you so for the compitition,

Some of you that are complaining now are the same that would complain if they rush it and screw it up. So what is GM to do?

Taking the time to get it right on a project like this is the only way to go.

This car can really set the pace for Chevy and it's future or it could crash any momentum and make the New Caprice/Impala a hard sell.

Give the people in charge a break as they are not the Roger Smith crowd and fully grasp what they need to do. These are people that for once you can have some faith in. So far they have not gone too far wrong have they?
Old 06-10-2007, 07:20 PM

I do not want another car like the 1993 cars. That was a horrible car for reliablity and construction. I agree it is better to wait and get it right. These Japanese cars are merciless for great durability. They're running everyone out of the market. There can be no more pieces breaking off inside, no squeaks and rattles, no electrical problems, and no chinsey plastic tupperware interiors, no accidental two-tone paint jobs.

The quality of the first 100,000 cars will be the advertisement for the next 700,000.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Disciple

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada (20 min. down the road from the "Shwa"!)
Originally Posted by Dwarf Killer
I do not want another car like the 1993 cars. That was a horrible car for reliablity and construction. I agree it is better to wait and get it right. These Japanese cars are merciless for great durability. They're running everyone out of the market. There can be no more pieces breaking off inside, no squeaks and rattles, no electrical problems, and no chinsey plastic tupperware interiors, no accidental two-tone paint jobs.

The quality of the first 100,000 cars will be the advertisement for the next 700,000.
... and my guess is that GM is acutely aware of this.

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 06-11-2007, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Dwarf Killer

I agree, but my point was that the solstice had a similar time to market from concept and still had some of the afore mentioned problems.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Some of you that are complaining now are the same that would complain if they rush it and screw it up.
I don't see it as complaining as much as expressing desire and anxiousness to be able to buy the car. You are certainly right that they must get it right, right out of the gates, but that is what puts Chevy in a very tight spot.

So far, Chevy has done a great job of keeping the hype for the enthusiast without inundating the general consumer until the car is ready. But, that will become increasingly difficult to do over the next two years (or so) until launch.

As a comparrison, I was following the Infiniti G coupe concept very closely as I loved the concept (as many on the G forums did). I even bought a "beater" to wait/save for it to come out. Since it's unveiling, though, there was virtually no news of the car, and I started looking at other cars (335i, etc.) but decided to stick it out until its release (as the other options didn't excite me enough for the price they were charging).

Then, the production G37 came out, and while it was very close in proportions and general design, the details were so soft or just ugly in comparison, it lost all its appeal to me. Since I was so excited for the concept (as they said it was 90% the production car), my ensuing disappointment in the production car was greatly exaggerated and Infiniti lost a buyer in me.

Not saying the same will happen with the Camaro, but just illustrates the importance of setting proper expectations.

Now, I figure I might as well wait for the Camaro, since I have a similar excitement for the concept (and lack of excitement for any current vehicle). But, I have learned my lesson, and if something comes up beforehand, I am not sure how willing I will be to wait for the Camaro. It depends on what the competition will do to gain my interest, and what Chevy will do in response to keep it.

A well executed Challenger + no new Camaro news (production specs or mule sightings for example) might be enough for me to get a Mopar for my garage.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:34 PM

It is better to disapoint a few with development time vs many with a rushed car.

Remember the turtle beat the Rabbit in there race.

Being first is fine but you have to finish.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:48 AM

I had a customer talk to me about Camaro today. He said he heard from an inside guy that GM will show a Camaro concept next year in Detroit...

No, I dont think we are seeing Camaro over exposure. I think that the new Transformer movie well help spread more word about it, but right now..its kinda quiet unless you are a car enthusiast.