2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

GM releases 5th Gen ring tone!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 02:20 AM

Re: GM releases 5th Gen ring tone!

Nothin new about that, we've all heard an LS1 rev
Old 09-14-2006, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by QATransAm
Nothin new about that, we've all heard an LS1 rev

LS2 actually...

But I agree, releasing poor quality promotion materials just reflects back on their entire attitude towards the car. If they cut corners here, why wouldn't they cut corners building the car? GM is fighting hard to get away from perceived quality issues. Given this is a little thing, but they can’t afford even little problems these days.

I didn't see the rigntone on GMs site, how do we know this isn't just so over anxious fan?
Old 09-14-2006, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by NVMY68SS
OMG people....it's a friggin ringtone......if you don't like it, don't use it. I gotta tell ya, if this is how this will go, I don't think I can keep reading these posts for the next two years and beyond.

I just can't wait for the actual car to get here so you will all have something to really bitch about.

Here's the Top 10 posts I'm most looking forward to in the future.

1. The new Camaro is a pig......it's too heavy to get out of its own way.
2. The factory radio is a piece of crap.....I'll never buy it.
3. No t-tops, no deal....so long GM
4. Where's my 454cu in 600hp Z28?
5. The production car is 1/2 inch taller than the concept......GM has lost it.
6. GM blew it.....again. Just like I said in 2006 when the 2009 date was announced.
7. Screw it, it's to retro....I'm buying a Ford or a Dodge.
8. The die-cast is a better car than my 2009.
9. I told you without a solid axle option, I won't buy it.
10. Where's the power option delete on the order form?

And here's the bonus thread you know someone will start.......

When did they bring the Camaro back?

I'm sure I will have many, many zings in the morning when I check this post. I don't really care........go for it, just shows you can't come up with something constructive to comment on.
I don't think any of these are arrogant put-downs at all! These are exactly the sort of comments that have been coming up as details about the Camaro have been revealed - and I agree that anyone making the above comments needs to chill out big time. The car is coming back, and GM has no intention of screwing it up. We should ALL be loving this time instead of ragging on a car that doesn't exist yet! Besides, in five more years we'll all be used to the car and won't care about the complaints of today.......
Old 09-14-2006, 08:02 AM

Unhappy Re: GM releases 5th Gen ring tone!

Tell me if I am doing it wrong?

When I went to download ringtone. Quicktime came up and started playing the sound.
Now the only way I could figure to load the sound was to use the RECORD option on my Verizon phone. Is this the only way?
I tried a Google search to see if anyone offerd the tone via my cell phone number but was unable to locate.

Old 09-14-2006, 08:21 AM

OMG people....it's a friggin ringtone......if you don't like it, don't use it. I gotta tell ya, if this is how this will go, I don't think I can keep reading these posts for the next two years and beyond.

I just can't wait for the actual car to get here so you will all have something to really bitch about.

Here's the Top 10 posts I'm most looking forward to in the future.

1. The new Camaro is a pig......it's too heavy to get out of its own way.
2. The factory radio is a piece of crap.....I'll never buy it.
3. No t-tops, no deal....so long GM
4. Where's my 454cu in 600hp Z28?
5. The production car is 1/2 inch taller than the concept......GM has lost it.
6. GM blew it.....again. Just like I said in 2006 when the 2009 date was announced.
7. Screw it, it's to retro....I'm buying a Ford or a Dodge.
8. The die-cast is a better car than my 2009.
9. I told you without a solid axle option, I won't buy it.
10. Where's the power option delete on the order form?

And here's the bonus thread you know someone will start.......

When did they bring the Camaro back?

I'm sure I will have many, many zings in the morning when I check this post. I don't really care........go for it, just shows you can't come up with something constructive to comment on.

you need to chill man if people dont want to buy a car cuase it doesnt have a something they want then they have every right to. these are peoples and thoughts about what the car should be like just as im sure you have thoughts and feeling on what the car should be like. personaly im gona wait till i can acutally touch the car at a dealership to make my mind up about it i love the concept and i plan on buying one depeanding on how the final product is and cost. i have every faith in gm designers thought that the final product will please all who want one.

oh and for the sound clip could the sample of it just have been made by the website from sound clips from the camaro at a car show and not acutally the one that gm plans on releasing?
Old 09-14-2006, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by fredl11
Tell me if I am doing it wrong?

When I went to download ringtone. Quicktime came up and started playing the sound.
Now the only way I could figure to load the sound was to use the RECORD option on my Verizon phone. Is this the only way?
I tried a Google search to see if anyone offerd the tone via my cell phone number but was unable to locate.

Verizon is very bad for getting anything. You should be able to save it on your computer and transfer it somehow to your phone. I can use my Nokia (with CinBell service) and get it by infrared-ing it.
I've noticed that Verizon has a lot of catches and snags that make it so you either have to reflash the phone to the standard software (a lot of effort) or just download it via their "Get it now" network, which costs money.
One of the main reasons I left their network.

You could save it on your computer though and see if you can send it as a text message to your phone, and save it to your phone that way.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:59 AM

I have Verizon and I need a bluetooth USB adaptor on my PC and some software to transfer it to the phone, RAZR I just got last night. If you have BT on the phone that is likely the easiest way to trasnfer the file.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Shellhead
I don't think any of these are arrogant put-downs at all! These are exactly the sort of comments that have been coming up as details about the Camaro have been revealed - and I agree that anyone making the above comments needs to chill out big time. The car is coming back, and GM has no intention of screwing it up. We should ALL be loving this time instead of ragging on a car that doesn't exist yet! Besides, in five more years we'll all be used to the car and won't care about the complaints of today.......
The put down came in when he claimed that I had nothing constructive to add, when whining about what others whine about I'm sure is much more constructive, especially when no comments like any listed were made. And if he didn't care what I said and was going to check it in the morning, why would he come back to check the post at midnight? LMAO, busted by the public profile!! .

I may be overly worried about how the advertising of this vehicle is being handled, but you seem to be overly annoyed with the complaints of others. And rightly so, some stupid things have been said, and they've annoyed you to a point where you saw something that wasn't there, almost like you were looking for it, waiting to get that off your chest. I understand, I'll take that into account instead of ripping on you or assuming you don't have anything constructive to say.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by MarcR94v6
The put down came in when he claimed that I had nothing constructive to add, when whining about what others whine about I'm sure is much more constructive, especially when no comments like any listed were made.
Ok, Marc......I used a line from your post, but didn't indicate or direct my comments directly to you. I was only using it as an example comment. It is just a ringtone.....complaining about this is no more viable to the outcome of this car than comparing it to a 1:64 scale diecast....most of this was a joke. But, you obviously didn't get my meaning.

And if he didn't care what I said and was going to check it in the morning, why would he come back to check the post at midnight? LMAO, busted by the public profile!!
I'm so glad that you have the time to see what I am doing. But, if you are referring to me, I believe that you might have the wrong information because I was not online at midnight. Actually, I went to bed around 11:00 in case you want to update your log. Perhaps the time zone difference has you confused. I often read posts that were added after mine but the time is off since those people are in a different time zone.

I may be overly worried about how the advertising of this vehicle is being handled, but you seem to be overly annoyed with the complaints of others. And rightly so, some stupid things have been said, and they've annoyed you to a point where you saw something that wasn't there, almost like you were looking for it, waiting to get that off your chest. I understand, I'll take that into account instead of ripping on you or assuming you don't have anything constructive to say.
I'm looking forward to this car as much as anyone and honestly, it's getting very frustrating weeding through all the negativity and speculation over details that we don't have any information on. This ringtone is not of the production car. So, it doesn't matter. Once there's something concrete in front of us to beat on, I may be there with you, but let's just keep our eyes and minds open to our future Camaro and hope that it's the car that we all want it to be......in our own ways.

I apologize if I offended anyone else with my comments. I did not intend to "put down" anyone.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by BitchinCamaro

LS2 actually...
Guess you don't remember that thread...what an argument that was.

But i've never seen an LS2 with a 3 bolt TB
Old 09-14-2006, 11:14 PM

Ok, Marc......I used a line from your post, but didn't indicate or direct my comments directly to you. I was only using it as an example comment. It is just a ringtone.....complaining about this is no more viable to the outcome of this car than comparing it to a 1:64 scale diecast....most of this was a joke. But, you obviously didn't get my meaning.

I'm so glad that you have the time to see what I am doing. But, if you are referring to me, I believe that you might have the wrong information because I was not online at midnight. Actually, I went to bed around 11:00 in case you want to update your log. Perhaps the time zone difference has you confused. I often read posts that were added after mine but the time is off since those people are in a different time zone.

I'm looking forward to this car as much as anyone and honestly, it's getting very frustrating weeding through all the negativity and speculation over details that we don't have any information on. This ringtone is not of the production car. So, it doesn't matter. Once there's something concrete in front of us to beat on, I may be there with you, but let's just keep our eyes and minds open to our future Camaro and hope that it's the car that we all want it to be......in our own ways.

I apologize if I offended anyone else with my comments. I did not intend to "put down" anyone.
I didn't intend to start a ridiculous argument, but sometimes once you get going....you know. Sorry I got carried away, the internet can do that to you sometimes . Just don't assume people don't have something constructive to say...it's a little rude. Unless of course they say something outlandishly stupid (refer to your list of top 10 dumb posts) .

I'm sure you can at least relate, although maybe not agree, with my insistance that all advertising should be well executed to get the maximum number of people into a Camaro. When I say I want new Camaros to outnumber Mustangs, I mean it! And advertising is an important step. My complaint had nothing to do with the outcome of the car, only a concern of the perception of it, even if it's much time before it comes out. I don't want them to slack off in the advertising department.

Last edited by MarcR94v6; 09-14-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:45 AM

I didn't intend to start a ridiculous argument, but sometimes once you get going....you know. Sorry I got carried away, the internet can do that to you sometimes . Just don't assume people don't have something constructive to say...it's a little rude. Unless of course they say something outlandishly stupid (refer to your list of top 10 dumb posts) .

I'm sure you can at least relate, although maybe not agree, with my insistance that all advertising should be well executed to get the maximum number of people into a Camaro. When I say I want new Camaros to outnumber Mustangs, I mean it! And advertising is an important step. My complaint had nothing to do with the outcome of the car, only a concern of the perception of it, even if it's much time before it comes out. I don't want them to slack off in the advertising department.
I hear you........and don't disagree.