2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

get ready to wait longer

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:56 PM

Angry

Originally Posted by GSS9909
John also said, (as a response to a question) that they will try to get all sold orders out before the end of the model year.

MODEL year this is a 2010 model! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:57 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

I got these off 5thgen.org..... a few more tidbits.

TRUE HP #'s

L99 = 400 HP
LS3 = 426

Convertible as a 2011 model

Factory may apply more stripes in near future

ALL OFFERED DISCOUNTS WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM DAY 1

Door Sill plates STANDARD on V8's, and available for V6's

SS demand not a big concern, it may or may NOT be a cause for a constraint

Brake calipers are BLACK with CHEVROLET in WHITE, and BREMBO in RED

HERITAGE GRILLE has a bowtie gold badge

1 month delay not a result of Cadence supplier issues - secondary suplliers already up to speed

Rear gears: 327 in V6, and 345 in V8's

Perelli snows recommended for 20" with factory perf tires if in a snowy area
Old 01-09-2009, 02:08 PM

good, it will give them more time to move the reverse lights...Just kidding, just kiddng.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:14 PM

Jason is correct that is the reason John Fitzpatrick gave today. But any delay is not good at this point.
On the abl front it was confirmed today that do not have it right or know if it will be available at launch. We should now by late Feb. This they say is do to the fact that it’s not exactly how they want o look and operate.
Dealers will be guaranteed at least "2" camaros for the first six months which include of an order unit and one of four lt camaros. Who gets what will be decided in this way " 70% on new units sold 30% by number of mustangs registered in the area where the dealer is"
John also said, (as a response to a question) that they will try to get all sold orders out before the end of the model year.
'm sure there is more that I am forgetting so just ask me and I will tell you all I know. It just escapes me at the moment.

Oh One cool thing is that the aux power we are all used to ( when you turn of the car and the radio and windows continue to work) Well it can be turned on by just pressing the radio button. So your car if off you are sitting in it push radio button and all electrics in car light up and work. No need to put key in and put to aux position.

almost forgot they are also figuring out if they could apply more stips in the factory vs dealer installed. on the candace front:secondary suplliers already up to speed so no issue there.
well i sure hope they would get the sold orders out before the model year end. this is turning into a bunch of BS now. why would they put cars out there that arent sold orders? there are people(like us) who have wanted this car more than anything and could have gone and bought something else, but they might put other cars on the lot first? dumb. give me my car and then put them on the lot. before i change my mind. just kidding. im not changing my mind but it seems like they want to give themselves all kinds of "mess up "room.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:17 PM

This is some B.S. Looks like I'll have to wait even longer to order my Camaro now.

Last edited by monstertodd; 01-09-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:27 PM

i guess the good thing about it(if there is anything good to come out of this) is that i dont have a payment on it yet, and we get the incentives that the rest of chevy's lineup gets, from the getgo.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by augrad94
MODEL year this is a 2010 model! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm already behind the 8 ball.
My dealer was allocated 3 cars, and my order the 4th sold car.
Wonder if I'll ever get it...
Old 01-09-2009, 03:16 PM

i was #1!!!! so i guess im good?!
Old 01-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by monstertodd
This is some B.S. Looks like I'll have to wait even longer to order my Camaro now.
You can go order it today. You'll just have to wait to receive it.

Unless, of course, you're like me and are unwilling to order one until you can test-drive it.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by monstertodd
wait til they pay the bailout money back.....
Old 01-09-2009, 03:40 PM

End of the model year? Isnt this going to be an extended model year, so you figure end of model year being fall of 2010?

Fall of 2010 to finish all the preorders? Am I looking at this wrong?? That is simply insane!

Last edited by Tantalizer43; 01-09-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by ChrisL
I got these off 5thgen.org.....
Wow, those guys over there sure get worked up. I am thankful that CZ28 folks are being calm about this. Cooler heads prevail.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
well i sure hope they would get the sold orders out before the model year end. this is turning into a bunch of BS now. why would they put cars out there that arent sold orders? there are people(like us) who have wanted this car more than anything and could have gone and bought something else, but they might put other cars on the lot first? dumb. give me my car and then put them on the lot. before i change my mind. just kidding. im not changing my mind but it seems like they want to give themselves all kinds of "mess up "room.
What was said is that GM apparently will be making the cars 50/50 V6 to V8. It LOOKS LIKE that means everything's going to hell because 80% of the pre-orders are V8. That's very misleading...

IN MY OPINION...

They can easily average 5000 cars a month at Oshawa (although month 1 will be notably slower). Everything else aside, that's 2500 V8s and 2500 V6s. Out of 10k pre-orders, there are roughly 8000 V8's and 2000 V6's. That's still only 3 1/2 months to build all the V8s currently on order. They should still be able to fill all current V8 orders by end of June. Why they are saying by end of MY is questionable.

Just my .02

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
i was #1!!!! so i guess im good?!
Apparently the 1st car to hit dealer lots will be a 2LT- every dealer will get one first not counting against their allocation.

Originally Posted by HTWLSS
Wow, those guys over there sure get worked up. I am thankful that CZ28 folks are being calm about this. Cooler heads prevail.
You ain't looked at Camaro5.com have you?

I came over here for a little momentary sanity...
Old 01-09-2009, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
You can go order it today. You'll just have to wait to receive it.

Unless, of course, you're like me and are unwilling to order one until you can test-drive it.
Exactly! I'm waiting until there is one on the lot that I can test drive. I'm also patiently waiting to see if there are any additional options out there that GM may have up it's collective sleeve. I.E. HUD and/or a possible NAV system.

I also want to wait until the demand versus supply evens out a bit. We'll see how the first few months of production go.

*disclaimer* I haven't heard any rumors of a NAV system, I'm only speculating that due to the popularity of NAV systems these days, GM could possibly offer it as an option at a later date. You never know. I'm sure they can figure out a way to make one fit.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:15 PM

http://jalopnik.com/5127656/gm-annou...duction-delays

GM announced to dealers today a one-month production delay for the 2010 Chevy Camaro. The good news is they also announced a model year for the Camaro Convertible and real horsepower numbers.

The delay of the production Chevy Camaro by one month comes with a mixed-bag of Camaro news. The reason for the delay has not yet been clarified, but it's apparently not due to supplier delays or the high demand for the SS model. The previously delayed Camaro convertible, which was shelved without a specific production start, has been attached to the 2011 model year.

Other news has filtered out of the call as well, notably the real horsepower figures are 426 HP for the LS3 V8 in the Camaro SS and 400 HP in the L99-equipped Camaro. If you're in the market you'll be happy to know pricing discounts will be available from the get-go (why not just change the pricing?). Finally, if you've already placed your Camaro order, GM is expecting to have all 10,000 pre-orders completed by sometime in October.

We'll keep our eyes peeled for the official press release but, until then, talk amongst yourselves. Thanks to JS for the tip!

10,000 pre-production orders are expected to be filled by October??!!! WTF GM?!!

Quick Reply: get ready to wait longer