2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

First-time 2010 camaro personal sighting experiences

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 11:26 PM

First-time 2010 camaro personal sighting experiences

This thread is mainly just to state the experience in which you first saw the 2010 camaro in person. Be it at a dealership, or be it at an autoshow, or even maybe at a factory who knows. Thanks forparticipating and hope you can share. "ah! yoo nee go zoom?. (Japanese for "would you like to buy a car?"
Old 06-23-2009, 11:06 AM

First time was at Indianapolis Auto Show...Black 2LT/RS and Dale Jr. SEMA car.

Second time was Three stopping by to show me Scott's car.

Third time was a few days ago...Rally Yellow 2LT w/ Black rally stripes and Inferno Orange Metallic 1SS.

Fourth time was two days ago...Victory Red SS.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:05 PM

1st: DC auto show. I was dissapointed because, it was a silver car that I couldn't even sit in, and it made me resent the fact that it would be months before I got mine.

2nd: unveilling at local dealer. It was a baseline V6, but it was still awsome to sit in the car. I was glad I had waited for it.

3rd: I saw a V6, at the hotel I stayed at this weekend. I was downright pissed that some schmuck got his boring V6 already and I have to wait almost 2 more months for my SS.

4th: driving home from the hotel where I saw the V6, I saw a red SS parked in a beach house driveway. It was like pouring salt in my wounds.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:12 PM

First time I saw the Camaro (Concept) was in April of 2006 at the Atlanta Auto Show. This was a very special time for me. I think the best thing about the whole experience was seeing all the Camaros (mainly 4th gens) in the parking garage. There must have been 40-50 all lined up side by side. It felt so good to finally see a car with CAMARO on it.

First time I saw a production Camaro was at the Atlanta Motor Speedway during a Nascar race in 2008. They had the Dale Jr. car there and a silver SS with black stripes. The thing about it was I didn't even know it was there, I was heading into the track and decided to walk by all the Chevy tent and there they were!

I've still only seen two Camaro's in the wild, one in Georgia and one in Indiana.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:05 AM

first time i saw the production version in person was at indy last fall. i had seen the concept a few times but never the production until the indy gathering. i ran to it....
Old 06-24-2009, 08:48 AM

1st time: Imperial Blue 2SS at Dominion about a couple weeks ago.
2nd time: Cyber Grey Metallic driving towards "the rocks" at the James River in Richmond, VA
3rd time: Someone bought a Silver SS from Whitlow and they work somewhere near by I've actually seen it 3 times on my way to work in the mornings.
4th time: A couple days ago it was yellow parked in the shopping center where I Work.
5th time: Yesterday at Regal Cinemas in Short Pump they had 3 there! Silver with black stripes (hockey stripes and hood) and the black looking silver wheels 2SS, Silver 2SS regular, and a Red RS with black stripes (hockey stripes and hood).

I get jealous every time I see one. I wish I had money.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:02 AM

1. Weeks and weeks ago, from a distance as I drove by a dealership in Buffalo. It was silver.

2. 3 weeks ago, Inside a dealership (in Canada, closed for Sunday) peaking through the window. Black with white stripes and a sold sticker on it.

3. One week later, Same dealership as above (on a Monday), red with white stripes (Can't remember what the trim level was). That was the first time I was able to circle the car.

4. 2-3 days later, one drove by the office here. Looked to be dark grey. It went by pretty quick.

5. ??? (Edit) Saw a carrier with 4 of them yesterday!!

Jeff

Last edited by Captain Jeff Z28; 06-25-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

Concept: January 9th, 2006 at the official public unveiling at the Detroit Auto Show (NAIAS). I didn't get there in the morning, so I missed out on the show -- I just got to see the car on display later that day. The most amazing part about it was the crowd!

Production intent: At the semi-private unveiling in Royal Oak, MI, which as I recall was in September of 2008.

Production: The first one I saw on the road was on Grand River in Okemos, MI, about two miles from my house, back in April. It was going the other way, so I only got to see it for a moment (55mph two-lane), but I got really excited.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:29 AM

first time i saw one on the street was a couple of weeks ago. it was driving in the hot rod power tour. they made a stop at great lakes dragaway. i could not wait to see them make a pass. there was also a new challenger there and sure enough the challenger and camaro lined up. the camaro was a silver SS while the challenger was an rt. the lights went down and the camaro smoked the challenger! 13.3 for the camaro and 14.3 for the not so much challenge challenger!
Old 06-24-2009, 11:03 AM

1st time was at the Indianapolis auto show. It was the Red concept with no interior, roped off and inaccessible. I was impressed, but knowing it was a non running shell kind of turned me off. Same thing for the 2nd time, it was the silver concept at the state fair. Also roped off with too much of a crowd around it to get to it.

1st time I saw a road car....my head jerked and I considered turning my work van around to go back to the arbys parking lot I saw it in , but I was busy and I didn't. 2nd time I got to see a gray one up close, it was a V6y non-RS auto, but it was still a handsome car. Now I just have to figure out to make 40k appear so I can get one of my own.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:59 PM

Jacksonville Auto Show. Yellow Car, can't remember if it was a V6 or not. I'd seen tons of pics on the outside and inside, but after actually sitting on the inside, I fell in love. It felt so perfect in that cockpit. Didn't feel cheap at all. Loved the whole radio set up and stuff.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:21 PM

(To JakeRobb) Sweet! you actually saw the publc unveiling of the camaro concept? That is pretty awesome. You got any pictures?
Old 06-25-2009, 05:50 PM

Saw my first one on the road today. Saw two at two separate times actually. The first one (IOM with CGM stripes), going the opposite way on the highway - and wow, it was like seeing it for the time again. I saw the Silver concept when it was first unvailed at NAIAS, I've seen the red concept, an IOM RS at the South Fla auto show and even last week another IOM RS at the dealer, but just to see it in motion I was like