2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

First engine bay shots of the new Chevy Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
(do you think John Heinricy and a few others would allow a Camaro to be engineered and designed when it didn't deserve this hallowed nameplate?)

My faith in Heinrocket and his SCCA championships is one very big reason I haven't completely folded yet.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Chewbacca
My faith in Heinrocket and his SCCA championships is one very big reason I haven't completely folded yet.

Same here.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:06 PM

Am I upset that more pictures leaked?

Yes.

Am I smoking -- or having a heart attack -- or having a stroke?

No.

Interestingly -- (and predictably....) a few more people are warming to the interior - and this is with horrible shots.

This will be a driver's car. It HAS to be. It's a CAMARO!

(do you think John Heinricy and a few others would allow a Camaro to be engineered and designed when it didn't deserve this hallowed nameplate?)

I truly believe -- when the final product hits the streets -- that most -- if not all -- of you will like what has been done.

(and you haven't seen the coolest stuff yet!)
Wow a very mild mannered response from Scott!!! Here I was sitting waiting for a response to get this! :lol jk Scott!

I think Scott really might have been the head seen in those pictures w/ the camera phone!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:08 PM

I knew it! We're going to be able to play PS3 from the center console!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Fenster
Wow a very mild mannered response from Scott!!! Here I was sitting waiting for a response to get this!
He's probably thrown up his hands at this point..... what can he do? It's like lecturing a class full of monkeys. They may listen for a few seconds, but as they get more and more rowdy you keep yelling louder and louder. Eventually you just throw up your hands and walk out the room as the monkeys are having a ball.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:13 PM

****ING EXCITED!!!! Every time I see it theres a new button or switch. I cant wait to see all the features!!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:17 PM

So it really transforms into a robot? SWEET!!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:59 PM

Im still not too warmed up to the dash design . I can see where GOOD material usage will go a long way to making it attractive . For instince , the shape of the dash ....theres alot of gradual curves around the center stak . The dash pad better have a nice matte finish to pull that off , any bit of shinyness will ruin it .

LOVE the door panels , I like the integreted key fob and even with back lighting I still hate the video game controller Hvac buttons ....that looks really bad .

Please dont put a torque gauge in there , that is beyond cheezy .

Still very optimistic to see the end result I guess Im gonna have to trust ya Scott

Last edited by 90 Z28SS; 01-29-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:04 PM

Agreed.

I was hopeful that I might like it more when lit under it's own power. These new pics have given me just that opportunity and unfortunately I'm more upset and disappointed than before. I've never encountered a car where I've loved the exterior so much and hated the interior even more.

I think we need our own subforum now...

"Discussion for those who really, really want to like the new Camaro but don't"

same here, i am trying so hard to like it but I just can't
Old 01-29-2008, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by fastball
So is the trunk release - in fact, it should be an industry standard that all trunk releases should either be on the driver's door or a pull release on the floor to the left of the driver's seat. Very ergonomically correct.
One thing that gets me about trunk release buttons in the modern automobile. No security for the trunk if you valet park. I have an idea that makes it better, but it's probably not worth the money to patent the concept. I got the idea after i got my goat.

Put the trunk release in the glove compartment, like a lot of cars already do. And cars like the GTO already have a valet key for the glove compartment. Problem is, the key fob still has a release button. Here's the idea. Put a simple switch to sense when the glove compartment is locked, and lock out the trunk release too, even from the fob. Bingo.

There's still the drawback of the hidden pull for the GTO trunk, but most valet's wouldn't be that familiar with the car. And even that could be locked out by the interlock mechanism in a well designed system.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:37 PM

(you haven't seen the coolest stuff yet!)
My "faith" tells me that means The NAV option will some how blend the dash to the console.

How much would that option cost $1300? I cant believe i'm saying this, but in this case it would be worth it.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:41 PM

I don't care who you are...That LCD screen in the center of the gauges is a NICE touch. Definitely leapfrogs it into a very new and contemporary looking inside!
Old 01-29-2008, 10:44 PM

Ahhh the feeling of Faith well kept. Eat crow and like it naysayers!!

In all seriousness, this interior is awesome. I love the center stack and the main gauges. Is it just me or is there another currently blacked out display screen above the main DIC? It seems to me that there is certainly more room for other gadgets in that space. Give me more buttons to push! I Love it!

Last edited by 67 LS-1 & T-56; 01-29-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by 67 LS-1 & T-56
Ahhh the feeling of Faith well spent. Eat crow and like it naysayers!!
It's a little early for that don't you think? It still looks just as bad to me as it ever did, the square holes with round guages, retro fonts, console guages, sega genesis HVAC and awkwardly bulbous dash in that center area, bumper car steering wheel, and now, rice-tastic halos around the guages.

I couldn't agree more with this:

Agreed.

I was hopeful that I might like it more when lit under it's own power. These new pics have given me just that opportunity and unfortunately I'm more upset and disappointed than before. I've never encountered a car where I've loved the exterior so much and hated the interior even more.

I think we need our own subforum now...

"Discussion for those who really, really want to like the new Camaro but don't"

Old 01-29-2008, 11:13 PM

Anyone else notice that the battery will not be located under the hood, but most likely in the trunk?
I have also noticed that GM has snapped out of the side-mount battiers and moving back to top post terminals?

Anyway, that intake track looks a little restrictive.

Quick Reply: First engine bay shots of the new Chevy Camaro