2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Fbodfather question on design

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 10:10 AM

Fbodfather question on design

I don't know what you can say without black suburbans showing up at my house but here goes. I have read a lot on this site and others and seem to find conflicting info regarding the concept design.

Let me say right up front that I absolutely LOVE the concept. I've said it on this website many times before but it just blew me away and I haven't even seen it in person yet (I will be going to Atlanta though! ). I love the width, the chopped look, the grill, the tail, EVERYTHING! I will definitely be buying a V8 model when they come out.

I think the Camaro has been its best when it looked aggressive and this car is the most aggressive looking one yet IMO. I've read that some of the designers say that it is produceable just as it is. I've read on other sites that if produced it will undergo anywhere from minor to major changes. I know some folks have complained about the grill and the width. I love them both and think it would water down the car A LOT to change either of these things. Can you shed any light on what you think the direction may take?

My sincere hope is that it comes with minimal changes and that the core design elements (IMO), the width, the aggressive front end, the haunches, the tail lights, the chopped appearing greenhouse, survive to production. I for one also really hope for console guages, HUD, and a paddle-shifted 6 speed automatic! Any light you can shed would be greatly appreciated, but if you can't, I understand. Thanks again for all you do for us Camaro fans, and I hope to get to meet you in Atlanta or maybe at Bowling Green this year.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:53 PM

Re: Fbodfather question on design

I too hope that it makes it virtualy as is. I love the width but I would like to see the grilll it self (not necesarily the opening) made differently, maybe less coarse as I heard it stated elsewhere and sink it in to the opening a little more in the center. I like the 22" wheels also, hopefully they will at least offer a 19" option. The interior looks good however it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they changed the dash gauges.

In the end I would buy it just as it currenty appears and would be extremely happy.....GRAND SLAM......GM!!!!
Old 03-09-2006, 01:59 PM

I also love the car as is and main change outside will be the wheels will more than likely be 18 up front and 19 rear like the vette. They may cut the width a little but not so you will see the change in the cars looks
Old 03-13-2006, 08:46 AM

Everything I've read and heard is that the car should see very little changes...even the outrageous wheel sizes haven't been totally ruled out: http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=119
Old 03-13-2006, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Chris 96 WS6
Everything I've read and heard is that the car should see very little changes...even the outrageous wheel sizes haven't been totally ruled out: http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=119

Unfortunatly that is only speculation and wishful thinking, just like what we are doing here.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:16 PM

I remember a post here by Scott saying something to the effect of "If you like what you see, save your pennies"...

Based on that I'm not expecting substantive changes.