2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Do we have to Pay for Destination?

Old 10-16-2008, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by FAD1
But the thing for me is that I have my heart set on the V6 instead of the V8. ... BTW, I could always negotiate, Right ?
My local dealer hinted he might be willing to sell a V6 for less than MSRP.

I didn't press it because I want the SS, but I'm thinking it might be worth shopping around a bit if you want the V6.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
Sorry, missed it the first time around.

At 19, why does your dad even have a say in the matter?
Well the thing is, he uses the "what if your mother needs to borrow the car" and in L.A, your arm is going to get tired shifting" reason. The second reason is more understandable because sometimes sitting in traffic, I am glad I dont drive a manual. Oh my father has a say because he is helping me with the car. Who knows, I'll try to negotiate with him. i have faith that something will turn up. Hey guys, what are you guys ordering if you ordered? I plan to buy around this time next year.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:36 PM

Well the thing is, he uses the "what if your mother needs to borrow the car" and in L.A, your arm is going to get tired shifting" reason. The second reason is more understandable because sometimes sitting in traffic, I am glad I dont drive a manual. Oh my father has a say because he is helping me with the car. Who knows, I'll try to negotiate with him. i have faith that something will turn up. Hey guys, what are you guys ordering if you ordered? I plan to buy around this time next year.
arm tired of shifting? maybe leg tired, but i've never had my arm get tired of shifting
Old 10-17-2008, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Well the thing is, he uses the "what if your mother needs to borrow the car"
What, you guys can't teach your mom to drive a stick shift?

Keep in mind that you save $1200 on the stick, because you want the Comfort and Convenience package. That costs an extra $200 for the auto because it includes remote start.

Hey guys, what are you guys ordering if you ordered?
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=642684
Old 10-17-2008, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by blackbirdta
arm tired of shifting? maybe leg tired, but i've never had my arm get tired of shifting
sometimes my face gets tired from all the smiling and grinning that manual shifting in an f-body causes :-)
Old 10-17-2008, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by guionM
Mustang GT with V8 (and a notable power upgrade later next year) will cost about what a Camaro RS will cost.
Oh, true? When was the new Mustang pricing released?
Old 10-17-2008, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 5tircrazy
Seriously, Guy, unless you are going to share numbers, quit pretending that you know the price of a 2010 Mustang.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:40 AM

Seriously, Guy, unless you are going to share numbers, quit pretending that you know the price of a 2010 Mustang.
I know. Everytime I read his posts it's talking about the price weight and power of the new Mustang. All of which is unknown right now.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by blackbirdta
You're in Virginia. Trust me, there is no city in Virgina that compares to LA traffic.

Imagine DC area traffic during rush hour only it covers a city area the size of an area from DC to Richmond to Emporia and eastward...solid. Then you have endless city streets.

In my cars I used to get by in stop and go traffic shifting so much by skipping gears (1 to 3). If you try to run it out in a single gear, you toast your fuel economy. Many people also wear out their clutch quicker in stop & go city traffic.

I've been driving almost exclusively manuals for nearly 25 years, and there was a day when I'd rather stop driving than to have an automatic. My next car will have a manual. But an automatic is actually a much better choice if you do most all your driving in a city. My current B4C has convinced me of that.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:53 PM

Hey JakeRobb, I appreciate your trying to help, just like everyone else here, but have you ever sat through LA traffic. Sometimes it just drives you crazy. Regardless, I am pretty close to convince my parents. Hopefully around this time next year I should have my Camaro. Can't wait !!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Hey JakeRobb, I appreciate your trying to help, just like everyone else here, but have you ever sat through LA traffic. Sometimes it just drives you crazy. Regardless, I am pretty close to convince my parents. Hopefully around this time next year I should have my Camaro. Can't wait !!!!
I can definitely sympathize with you and the traffic situation. Back in '04, the wife and I went to Southern California for our honeymoon. We stayed in Burbank. One evening around 5pm, we decided to drive into North Hollywood to the CBS studios to see where we would have to be the next morning for the Price is Right. It took us about 2.5 flippin hours to get there!!!!! Insane!
Old 10-18-2008, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisFrez
I can definitely sympathize with you and the traffic situation. Back in '04, the wife and I went to Southern California for our honeymoon. We stayed in Burbank. One evening around 5pm, we decided to drive into North Hollywood to the CBS studios to see where we would have to be the next morning for the Price is Right. It took us about 2.5 flippin hours to get there!!!!! Insane!
Now Chris let me tell you this, my University is about 4 exits away, w/o traffic, it takes 7 mins to get there,(going 70 mph) and in the morning going to school with traffic takes me about 25 mins. Yes for four exits with traffic takes me 25 mins. Now my dad atleast stays in traffic for about 5 hours a day. For that reason, I may wait a bit longer, save up more money, and shoot for an LT/RS with auto. I may have to wait, but hey, thats life. O BTW, N.Hollywood and Burbank are awesome. Also, I live real close to Disneyland and Angels stadium. Ahhhhhh, good ole' SoCal
Old 10-19-2008, 02:45 AM

My suggestion to anyone that has budget concerns it to wait. Within a couple of months the dealers will be forced to make pretty good deals. There will be a ton of V6 cars so if you are looking at one of them simply wait for them to begin hitting dealers and you will get a deal under MSRP without a problem. GM is planning on building 100,000 of these cars per year. There is no reason for anyone to pay sticker for a mass production car. I was looking at a 2009 GT500KR that is limited to 1200 cars and the dealers a month ago were asking for 140k, they are now down to 10 k over sticker and within another month I know they can be had for MSRP. Patience always pays when dealing with new cars.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by 5tircrazy
Well, simply set aside this thread and my references, and then return to them when the weight and price of the next Mustang is announced (should be in about a month). Feel free to comment then.

Trust me, I won't be the one eating crow if you doubt what I've said about Mustang pricing and weight.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pruettfan
My suggestion to anyone that has budget concerns it to wait. Within a couple of months the dealers will be forced to make pretty good deals. There will be a ton of V6 cars so if you are looking at one of them simply wait for them to begin hitting dealers and you will get a deal under MSRP without a problem. GM is planning on building 100,000 of these cars per year. There is no reason for anyone to pay sticker for a mass production car. I was looking at a 2009 GT500KR that is limited to 1200 cars and the dealers a month ago were asking for 140k, they are now down to 10 k over sticker and within another month I know they can be had for MSRP. Patience always pays when dealing with new cars.
Although the V6 model is in itself a great value, if Camaro does very well do not expect dealers to be going overboard making deals. I would, though, avoid attempting to be the 1st on your block with a Camaro because the early markups are going to be incredible (though not at "Pontiac dealer-rape" levels).

If there was no reason for anyone to pay sticker price for a mass produced car, then there would be no sticker prices and no one would be paying sticker price for a car.

As for the GT500, even here in California I have never seen a GT500 at a dealer asking $140,000. The most I've seen was $70K.

Being realistic, cars are priced based on demand for the area they're in. Unless a car is one of the 1st off the factory floor, or is extremely rare, or already costs a small fortune, the most dealer markup you're likely to see is around $5000 and that's here in certain areas of California (though I'm exempting Pontiac dealers.... only half jokingly).

Patience is a key, but only you as an individual determines how much a car is worth to you.

There are people on this site who'd pay $50K or even $60K for a new Camaro SS simply to be the 1st to have one in their area. There's others who are willing to wait a number of months and drive hundreds of miles or even to another state to pick up one for $29K. Others are perfectly fine to wait even longer and pick up a dealer demo or a year old model for $25K.

To you and me, paying massive markup is insane. But there are people who are extreme enthusiasts with money.

Doesn't effect my bank account, so more power to them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do we have to Pay for Destination?