2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Info in Houston, TX

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 02:48 PM

Dealer Info in Houston, TX

I have been talking with local Chevy dealers in Houston, TX both via email and by phone and the following is what I have gotten:

1) Lawrence Marshall Chevy ("Clobber big city prices") - Told me prices aren't yet set for their dealer, but they anticipate a $5k mark up. Also, guys didn't know crap as they stated orders don't start until February.

2) Buckalew Chevy (dowtown Houston area) - Great guy, (Eddie Cotton) not pushy at all and says Buckalew will only sell at MSRP and was able to email me the pdf files for the information already provided on the forum. Said they are taking orders at this time.

3) Allen Samuels Chevy - Salesman said they will apply a mark up which is TBA, and didn't know a thing about the vehicle. Then began to spam my email box with stupid advertisements.

4) Munday Chevy - Salesman said they will apply a $2k mark up and thought orders didn't start until the end of Jan. Also spammed my email with useless advertisements for other cars to "Buy Now!"

5) Parkway Chevy - Salesman unsure on pricing Parkway will use, however was very helpful with information and provided pdf information to me via email.

6) Robbins Auto Mall - Salesman states they are taking orders but had no information or pricing to give to me unless I came in and talked with them face to face. Was straight forward, however, about the fact that they are a smaller dealer and don't expect to get a lot of Camaros to sell.

7) Monument Chevy - Salesman originally stated an approximate mark up of around $2k-$3k, but also said "no one will beat me on price" when I mentioned other dealers would sell to me at MSRP. He did not provide any useful info about the car and spammed my email with useless advertisements.

8) Westside Chevy - never returned my email, phone system kept disconnecting me...next.

9) Davis Chevy - They will sell at MSRP and provided me general reference information, but nothing as deep as the pdf files a few other dealers gave to me.

10) Champion Chevy - Would not give a definitive answer on MSRP pricing nor provide any info on Camaro. Then began to spam my email.

11) Knapp Chevy - While they will be selling at MSRP, the salesperson I spoke with didn't know a thing about the car and actually tried to B/S his way out of it with incorrect facts and information.

12) Lone Star Chevy - No definitive answer about pricing, but the salesman tried to be helpful with what information they had. Some of the info he sent me was wrong however.

So far, the only ones I plan to continue to speak with are Buckalew, Davis, and Parkway Chevy dealerships. Out of these three, I like Buckalew the best as they have been the most helpful and personable of the group.

Now to hopefully sit in and get a better feel for the Camaro at the Houston Auto Show.

Racer0329
Old 01-23-2009, 02:52 PM

Thanks for the info.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:07 PM

yea that sounds like the same road ive been down, i did get Munday to agree to MSRP but they wanted $2000 non-refundable deposit on a car that ive never personally seen or driven. i can't think of the name of the dealer but its the one right by the old astrodome. they were by far the most helpful with info, pricing(the little that they knew), and only a $500 fully refundable deposit.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by DBSaints
yea that sounds like the same road ive been down, i did get Munday to agree to MSRP but they wanted $2000 non-refundable deposit on a car that ive never personally seen or driven. i can't think of the name of the dealer but its the one right by the old astrodome. they were by far the most helpful with info, pricing(the little that they knew), and only a $500 fully refundable deposit.
The one next to the Astrodome you are talking about is Davis Chevy and is one of the few I am still speaking with. Now that you mention it, I remember the guy saying something to that affect about the deposit.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:36 AM

I've only talked to a few as I'm a few months out from being ready to buy, but let me add to the list a little farther south.

Leo Martin in Lake Jackson:

Salesmen will not commit to pricing (MSRP), but insist there will be a markup and, barring that, a bidding war. In fact, they salesman I talked to told me that if someone came in and offered them a thousand more than you did, they would sell them your car. A lot of misinformation here as well.

Gulf Coast Auto Sales in Angleton:

A lot better informed, but hesitate to commit to pricing (MSRP). Also indicated that they would sell your car to the highest bidder, while not actually coming out and saying it.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:17 AM

Good info, thanks. Anyone else want to chime in about Houston or the surrounding area dealers and their personal experiences?
Old 01-25-2009, 10:59 AM

Good info!

Unfortunately the new Camaro has dropped on my list. I've got a wedding and then a house to worry about. Depending on how everything works out in the next few year I may be able to pick one up in a few years.

Good thing about waiting, is I won't have to deal with all this pricing BS.

I wish they would have come out last summer when I had to buy a car. I probably would have bought one.

Last edited by stars1010; 01-25-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:41 AM

Just to clarify, is that Buckalew in Conroe or is there another dealership in Houston by the same name?
Old 01-26-2009, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by onyxblackz28
Just to clarify, is that Buckalew in Conroe or is there another dealership in Houston by the same name?
I'm sorry, I misunderstood Eddie Cotton when I spoke with him. There is only one Buckalew Chevy and that is the one in Conroe. You are correct.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:20 PM

Thanks for the list! While I don't really have anything to add, I can just say that I have dealt with Munday Chevrolet before and was not impressed, the guy we had tried to screw us over like every 2 minutes we were there. Buckalew in Conroe on the other hand is a good dealership, and I would of bought from them but I found another dealer way out in La Grange (Brasher-Gunn) where I could be #1 for no deposit and MSRP.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Racer0329
I'm sorry, I misunderstood Eddie Cotton when I spoke with him. There is only one Buckalew Chevy and that is the one in Conroe. You are correct.
That's what I thought, they are about 15 minutes from me, and if they are selling at msrp only that's where I will be shopping. They seem to be pretty good guys over there, even though they never have parts for my lt1 in stock. Now to get the '95 back together and sold for a down payment.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by kanys
Thanks for the list! While I don't really have anything to add, I can just say that I have dealt with Munday Chevrolet before and was not impressed, the guy we had tried to screw us over like every 2 minutes we were there. Buckalew in Conroe on the other hand is a good dealership, and I would of bought from them but I found another dealer way out in La Grange (Brasher-Gunn) where I could be #1 for no deposit and MSRP.
what are they offering at buckalew in conroe, because i stay 10 minutes away.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by 400horses>
what are they offering at buckalew in conroe, because i stay 10 minutes away.
I spoke with Eddie Cotton through email and he stated in a response that Buckalew will be selling at MSRP and is currently taking orders for all models and variants. He also provided me links to the pdf information Chevrolet has released which was a lot more helpful than some of the other dealers I spoke with.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:36 PM

I am in Houston and have purchased from Lone Star before. I was going to wait until August/September befoer I buy.

I can't decide if im going to finance or pay cash. I can pay off the 335i sedan Im in now and finance the Camaro SS or Buy the Camaro and stay in my loan..... I need the 4 doors for work/family so I have to keep it. I have even thought about selling my cherry 70 1/2 split bumper resto rod.......
Old 02-01-2009, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Racer0329
Good info, thanks. Anyone else want to chime in about Houston or the surrounding area dealers and their personal experiences?
Parkway is #1 in Texas for a few reasons, but I think one of them might just be location. Their customer service is pretty damn good but like all dealerships they do have a few ignorant/green salesmen. I just picked up an '09 Silverado there last week and got 8k off, it was one of my best dealership experiences to date. They have a lot of Corvettes and a few salesmen who DO know a thing or two about sports cars, hopefully it'll be the same way with the Camaro. However, since they aren't exactly in the same boat as most dealers in regards to sales I wouldn't be suprised if they charge the most for the new Camaro.

Quick Reply: Dealer Info in Houston, TX