2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CZ28.com 2009 Camaro group purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 09:51 AM

Re: CZ28.com 2009 Camaro group purchase?

Originally Posted by JasonD
I already have the ball rolling a bit on this guys.
I am friends with Ron over at GMMG and now Vengeance Motorsports, and know Matt through Atlanta Musclecars having the #64 ZL-1. If there is anything I can do or if anything needs to be taken over there or by the shop I will be more than happy to do it as my folks live 10 miles from GMMG and get over to that neck of the woods on occasion.

I mentioned this idea to Matt and Scott when I was talking to them at the Camaro unveiling. I pleaded with Scott to give us an LS7 in a Camaro...maybe that will come to be.

Last edited by Whitten; 09-06-2006 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:05 AM

There won't be prices or final details for at least a year or so. These things are not easy, even in a small scale. But, I am getting started on it now to see where it goes.
i know but when you guys get stuff figured out and start taking names ill let you know . but i just wanted to let you guys know you deffinetly sparked my interest in it.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:41 AM

Sign me up as well. I am willing to compromise on mods, or at least the brand, if they are available installed by the tuner or GM or whoever.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:12 PM
EkS

I guess I'll be in also depending on price. But it'll be great to have a piece of american history that not everyone can get...a "Limited Edition".
Old 09-06-2006, 01:15 PM

This sounds fantastic - I would be in.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:24 PM

As stated count me in..... If there is anything I can do to assist let me know.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:33 PM

So I was doing some thinking, and ran across something Scott had written a while back.

The meaning of the word "Camaro" is comrad, pal, compadre, friend, or companion.

Maybe this special edition should be called something along the lines of Faithful since we the core group of us have done exactly that. The word has French and Spanish origins being of latin or Romance language decent maybe we can come up with a cool word that will mean faithful and that could be the name of this special edition Camaro. Instead of just a Z something or another, or R-500...or what ever maybe we could make an all new special name.

Sorry I know that is kinda corny but hey it is a thought.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:48 PM

If we can do this special edition, then I am in for it...
Old 09-07-2006, 05:33 PM

there may be a way to get certain mechanical changes. if the initial research costs or prohibitive, gm could first offer the options in this limited edition run. after a year or two, they could put it into mass production only without the limited edition. this way the engineering costs could be justified.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:29 AM

I already have the ball rolling a bit on this guys.

Jason, could you have possibly already spoke to a Michigan dealer about this idea? Possibly a west side of the state dealer? I figured they would be an obvious choice, and i wouldn't mind having a new camaro with a "By Berger" Badge on it, not a stupid sticker, but a real badge like the 1st gens did. Just don't feel like paying top dollar for the ZL1 packages they offered that didn't always deliver on power. More so an appearance package with either factory 427, or mild performance upgrades where my warranty stays intact, ecspecially since GM just started the 100,000 mile warranty recently. Hell, i would love a mid-level v8 car, with the option for either say a Procharger, or a roots style magnusson/radix....polished of course. I know some dealerships offer them as an option.

My .02 cents
Old 09-10-2006, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR
Jason, could you have possibly already spoke to a Michigan dealer about this idea? Possibly a west side of the state dealer? I figured they would be an obvious choice, and i wouldn't mind having a new camaro with a "By Berger" Badge on it, not a stupid sticker, but a real badge like the 1st gens did. Just don't feel like paying top dollar for the ZL1 packages they offered that didn't always deliver on power. More so an appearance package with either factory 427, or mild performance upgrades where my warranty stays intact, ecspecially since GM just started the 100,000 mile warranty recently. Hell, i would love a mid-level v8 car, with the option for either say a Procharger, or a roots style magnusson/radix....polished of course. I know some dealerships offer them as an option.

My .02 cents
Ours made 510 at the rear wheels, and if any of the owner ever had a problem with theirs GMMG was always more than willing to work on them. They stand by their work, that is why I would love to have them involved in this project especially since they are more than likely the only way we are going to be able to get everything we want on this car.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Whitten
Ours made 510 at the rear wheels, and if any of the owner ever had a problem with theirs GMMG was always more than willing to work on them. They stand by their work, that is why I would love to have them involved in this project especially since they are more than likely the only way we are going to be able to get everything we want on this car.

They might have very well taken care of the customer, but the last Superfest that i attended, there was one individual that was unhappy with his dyno results, and was making an effort to point it out to The Berger's, and knowing the reputation they have, they should have taken care of the guy, but i know there was a few Berger Camaro's that were well north of the $60,000 range, and most of us cannot afford that kind of cheddar. I would rather see a dealership offer a mid-level V8, then offer something like either a Magnusson/Radix package or a Procharger package dealer installed, and able to maintain the warranty. More bang for the buck. And able to easily embarrass GT500's.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR
They might have very well taken care of the customer, but the last Superfest that i attended, there was one individual that was unhappy with his dyno results, and was making an effort to point it out to The Berger's, and knowing the reputation they have, they should have taken care of the guy, but i know there was a few Berger Camaro's that were well north of the $60,000 range, and most of us cannot afford that kind of cheddar. I would rather see a dealership offer a mid-level V8, then offer something like either a Magnusson/Radix package or a Procharger package dealer installed, and able to maintain the warranty. More bang for the buck. And able to easily embarrass GT500's.
Oh I whole heartedly agree that I don't want to purchase a car that was as expensive as our ZL-1. I drove it one time before we sold it because it was more of a collector's item then a driver car, Although Ron and Mike would disagree and so would my buddy who owns a Daytona Yellow one...they drive the **** out of it and love it.

Anyway, yes I want a car that is going to be reasonable enough to drive every day and one that will make that cup cake eating fat *** of a GT-500 and all those mark up queens at the dealerships wince in pain just at the sight of my new Camaro.

Yeah...I'm not bitter or anything.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:45 PM

Count me in if it aint too much money. Personally I want a 6 speed. I would love to see some awesome colors like Hugger orange with Black stripes. A Subtle interior With power windows and locks. Who needs damn power seats and heated mirrors. Also Maybe yall can get some kind of not a body kit but different front and rear. that way the car can be pointed out. Like Harrells have the wide fenders and front nose is different. IDK my 2 cents.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by IfryRice
Count me in if it aint too much money. Personally I want a 6 speed. I would love to see some awesome colors like Hugger orange with Black stripes. A Subtle interior With power windows and locks. Who needs damn power seats and heated mirrors. Also Maybe yall can get some kind of not a body kit but different front and rear. that way the car can be pointed out. Like Harrells have the wide fenders and front nose is different. IDK my 2 cents.
Yeah I like that last idea. However the concept is already set up with a wide body kit. Perhaps if they thin it out we can widen it back up and get some eleven inch deep wheels back there! Maybe some 18 x 11's? I dont know if I like going any taller on the wheel profile. Tall wheels = heavy reciprocating mass and unsprung weight.

Quick Reply: CZ28.com 2009 Camaro group purchase?