2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Creation of the Camaro Concept

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 02:40 PM

Re: Creation of the Camaro Concept

Originally Posted by IZ28
does anyone else notice just how IROC-Z that bumper would be without the round lights and if that grill didn't go all the way across?
That 'splains why I like the new car so much.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:12 AM

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...50#post3581050

One More:

greetz Black Baron

Last edited by Black Baron; 01-18-2006 at 07:30 AM.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:43 AM

Wow I would say that one on the left is the one Wagoner axed? Thank god if he did. The concept looks so much better.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by 91_z28_4me
Pacer that seems a little one sided. One of the reasons that GM's car lineup was in the shape it was in was because of arguments like that. Put struts on the trunk lid, they take up less trunk space, probably weigh less, and likely cost the same.

We can't let this be a "motor in a box" again it was a major reason the 4th gen died.
How to springs take up any more trunk space? Most of the springs were torsion bars that bolted onto the bottom of the rear deck. They took up MAYBE 1/2".

Regardless of struts or springs, you're still going to have those huge hinges.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by RhinoSS
How to springs take up any more trunk space? Most of the springs were torsion bars that bolted onto the bottom of the rear deck. They took up MAYBE 1/2".

Regardless of struts or springs, you're still going to have those huge hinges.
The big "J" shaped arms that connect the trunk to the springs takes up a lot of trunk space when the trunk is closed.

Here's a good pic of my girlfriend's camry to illustrate my point:

In the pic, you can see the arms holding the trunk, and in the stereo, you can see the corresponding cutouts I had to use in order for the trunk to close with the stereo installed. Those cutouts represent lost trunk space, which while not seeming like much, is a royal pain in the *** for larger objects. It also makes the stereo install look stupid.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:51 PM

I didn't see this one, so here you go .

David
Old 01-21-2006, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by IZ28
Even the trunk supports are retro. But really:

I like the 3rd/1st Gen mixed steering wheel, but does anyone else notice just how IROC-Z that bumper would be without the round lights and if that grill didn't go all the way across? Look at how the lower grill on the driver side is angled up like an IROC also and how the passenger is angled down, (more like the GTO) which is what made it to the concept we saw though. Doing that to the grill would make for a nice bumper change on certain models.

Not until this post, did I see 3rd gen cues. But from that angle, I totally see IROC. Interesting.

The more I look at this concept, the more I like it. My first impression was already high, but now, I can't stop looking at it.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jim85IROC
The big "J" shaped arms that connect the trunk to the springs takes up a lot of trunk space when the trunk is closed.

In the pic, you can see the arms holding the trunk, and in the stereo, you can see the corresponding cutouts I had to use in order for the trunk to close with the stereo installed. Those cutouts represent lost trunk space, which while not seeming like much, is a royal pain in the *** for larger objects. It also makes the stereo install look stupid.
Struts or springs Id think youd get the arms anyway. I dont think anyone else wants it directly hinged to the car. I dont care one way or the other. Springs are fine. Struts sound good too. Whatever is light works well doesnt take up much space and lasts along time.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jim85IROC

Exactly. Now for an example for the struts.

If people can't see that the struts take up less trunk space I suggest they look a little harder.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:07 AM

I agree on the struts. They're a good space saver. My sebring convertible has them as well. In a small trunk you need to save all the space you can!

Now here is a Stratus...same platform as Sebring convertible. It has a deeper trunk and that helps deal with the arms, but you can see how it makes a difference.

Last edited by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!; 01-21-2006 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:37 PM

The struts do seem to look and work better from your pics.