2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

CamaroZ28.Com FIRST to Road Test BOTH 2010 Camaro SS and 2010 Camaro LT!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 10:14 AM

that might make it a hard sell to non enthusiasts.....
Old 02-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HuJass
That's the way it worked for my Colorado.
I had to find a dealer that not only had allocation for a Colorado, but one that had allocation for a regular cab, 2wd, ZQ8.

Once I found a dealer that had allocation for that combo, it went real quick.

Jason E can shed more light on the subject than I can.
Did you try to order a Colorado before production began?

If not, I don't think your experience is relevant.

Let's face it -- with 11,000 specific cars ordered by real, paying customers, GM would be stupid (and they're not) to allocate anything other than what was ordered, unless there were specific production limitations (i.e. not enough TR6060s to cover all of the manual SS orders) that prevented them from doing so.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
Did you try to order a Colorado before production began?

If not, I don't think your experience is relevant.

Let's face it -- with 11,000 specific cars ordered by real, paying customers, GM would be stupid (and they're not) to allocate anything other than what was ordered, unless there were specific production limitations (i.e. not enough TR6060s to cover all of the manual SS orders) that prevented them from doing so.
Like I said in my earlier post, I placed the order at the end of July '03. Production didn't begin until Sep or Oct '03. HOWEVER, GM started picking up sold orders around Sep. MANY of the people from the Colorado forum who had ordered theirs had their orders picked up.
Even in to the month of Nov, my order was not picked up. After many calls to Chevy customer service, the DBC, and to the dealer, the dealer finally told me in the end of Nov that they did not have allocation for my combination. They sent me my deposit back.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:08 PM

couple questions:

does the seat go back to whatever position it last was in if you use the seat lever to get into the back seat?

does the key also "flip" back or do you have to manually put it back?
Old 02-28-2009, 10:11 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by 97z28/m6
does the seat go back to whatever position it last was in if you use the seat lever to get into the back seat?
I believe it does.

does the key also "flip" back or do you have to manually put it back?
No, you have to press the button to release the "lock" on it and them manually put it back into the fob.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:40 AM
Banned

How can we show support for GM?

In these troubled economic times, espeically for our beloved U.S. auto industry, how can we show support before buying our new Camaros.

I love Camaros but I will have to wait for 6 months after they are out to afford one. I can't spend $10K over sticker. I want GM to know we are out there waiting and we're pulling for them general. With the pressure they are under I would like them to know we are behind them.

I don't want to read every post but when exactly are they coming out?
Old 03-01-2009, 06:30 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by SteveSS
I love Camaros but I will have to wait for 6 months after they are out to afford one. I can't spend $10K over sticker.
There's dealers out there that won't charge anything over sticker, you just have to find one.

I don't want to read every post but when exactly are they coming out?
Production starts March 16!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
No, you have to press the button to release the "lock" on it and them manually put it back into the fob.
that kinda sucks. now i'll have one more thing to do after i get out of the car.....they should've gone to a "keyless go" system or just a normal key.....
Old 03-01-2009, 09:39 AM

Compared to having a keychain with a remote hanging off of it in your pocket...not really. A co-worker just bought a G8 GT yesterday and I was playing with his key this morning. Fairly compact and much more solid feeling than I would have thought. I shouldn't be flinging spare change out of my pocket when I pull out the keys now..
Old 03-01-2009, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by MetalDragon
Compared to having a keychain with a remote hanging off of it in your pocket...not really. A co-worker just bought a G8 GT yesterday and I was playing with his key this morning. Fairly compact and much more solid feeling than I would have thought. I shouldn't be flinging spare change out of my pocket when I pull out the keys now..
i found it very bulky. i also test drove a genesis coupe just before that and it has "keyless" go and the fob was about the same size and was much easier to use...and i didn't have to manually put the "key" back in the fob.....
Old 03-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Admin Emeritus

that kinda sucks. now i'll have one more thing to do after i get out of the car.....they should've gone to a "keyless go" system or just a normal key.....
You are not seriously complaining about having to put the key back in the fob are you? Heck, you can do it one-handed against your leg. It is not a complicated procedure. Consider this...on a per driving session level, the energy it takes to close the key will use less energy than having to constantly carry and manipulate both a fob and a key for months or years. This all-in-one package is like only carrying a fob, but wait there's more! It is also like a regular fob with a cool key built-in. God bless modern technology.

Sorry, just playing. Leave it out like a normal key if it is really a problem.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
You are not seriously complaining about having to put the key back in the fob are you? Heck, you can do it one-handed against your leg. It is not a complicated procedure. Consider this...on a per driving session level, the energy it takes to close the key will use less energy than having to constantly carry and manipulate both a fob and a key for months or years. This all-in-one package is like only carrying a fob, but wait there's more! It is also like a regular fob with a cool key built-in. God bless modern technology.

Sorry, just playing. Leave it out like a normal key if it is really a problem.
i just don't like it. it may not be complicated but its more than then just having a normal key...

i don't see how its less effort...walking up to the car with the fob....hit the door unlock button....flick the "key" out (don't have to with a normal separate key...) put the key in and turn....

done driving and stop

the take the key out and now flip the "key" back in (don't have to with a separate key...) and go on with my day...

and its huge if its left out....
Old 03-01-2009, 01:14 PM

i just don't like it. it may not be complicated but its more than then just having a normal key...

i don't see how its less effort...walking up to the car with the fob....hit the door unlock button....flick the "key" out (don't have to with a normal separate key...) put the key in and turn....

done driving and stop

the take the key out and now flip the "key" back in (don't have to with a separate key...) and go on with my day...

and its huge if its left out....
The idea is that it fits more comfortably in your pocket. More compact to tote around.

If it's a major issue, I can't see how?
Old 03-01-2009, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by 1fastdog
The idea is that it fits more comfortably in your pocket. More compact to tote around.

If it's a major issue, I can't see how?
major issue? no its not. i'm just thinking it would be cool if it popped in as well as out...

i don't see it as "compact" either...
Old 03-01-2009, 03:00 PM

I don't like the "fobkey" either. I still have other keys on my ring, this doesnt really save me any bulk. Oh well, not that big a deal I suppose

Quick Reply: CamaroZ28.Com FIRST to Road Test BOTH 2010 Camaro SS and 2010 Camaro LT!