2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

"Camaros in da haus........"

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 05:32 AM

I have agree about the stripes. I'm more upset that they don't go over the rear spoiler. How will all the Mustangs behind me even know I have stripes? They definately need to extend onto the nose. I'm hoping the aftermarket will address this.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:09 AM

Scott,

I just have to say that you guys have done a fantastic job on this car. In my opinion, this is the best Camaro ever built. I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time and was able to see the Red RS that was on tour at a delaer in Houston. It was right after I returned from my last trip to Iraq and just before Christmas.

I know you are not exaggerating as you describe the reactions of others when they see the car. When I walked in and saw that car sitting on the showroom floor I was completely amazed at what I saw. It is stunning, beautiful and a work of art.

I will also share that for anyone who has not yet laid there eyes on the real deal, pictures, no matter the quality, do not do this car justice. I can also tell you that when and if you do see it, that last thing on your mind will be
1. How much it weighs
2. Where the stripes begin and end
3. The cost
4. The delay in getting it

You will be truly amazed at what you see and the level of craftsmanship and detail in this car. I know I was and I am very happy that I was able to get the ability to see this car in person. I am disappointed by the delay, but at the same time, makes no difference to me. I am now back in Iraq and will not be out of here until mid March at the earliest, so it is of little consequence. I would love to get into it sooner, but I would much rather the bugs be worked out before I get it than after.

Point is, you have got to see this car and you will have the same reaction as what Scott has described in this post. The car is utterly amazing.

Just my two cents. Have a great day!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:16 AM

what a sexy looking car. i lovethe red. i almost went for the red....but i didnt.

do we know if the ambient lighting will be in it or on? did it have leather in it?
Old 01-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Disciple

Originally Posted by marvb549
Scott,

I just have to say that you guys have done a fantastic job on this car. In my opinion, this is the best Camaro ever built. I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time and was able to see the Red RS that was on tour at a delaer in Houston. It was right after I returned from my last trip to Iraq and just before Christmas.

I know you are not exaggerating as you describe the reactions of others when they see the car. When I walked in and saw that car sitting on the showroom floor I was completely amazed at what I saw. It is stunning, beautiful and a work of art.

I will also share that for anyone who has not yet laid there eyes on the real deal, pictures, no matter the quality, do not do this car justice. I can also tell you that when and if you do see it, that last thing on your mind will be
1. How much it weighs
2. Where the stripes begin and end
3. The cost
4. The delay in getting it

You will be truly amazed at what you see and the level of craftsmanship and detail in this car. I know I was and I am very happy that I was able to get the ability to see this car in person. I am disappointed by the delay, but at the same time, makes no difference to me. I am now back in Iraq and will not be out of here until mid March at the earliest, so it is of little consequence. I would love to get into it sooner, but I would much rather the bugs be worked out before I get it than after.

Point is, you have got to see this car and you will have the same reaction as what Scott has described in this post. The car is utterly amazing.

Just my two cents. Have a great day!!!
First, ...THANK YOU for your service to this great country of ours. ...and secondly, ...very well stated above
Old 01-14-2009, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by MetalDragon
The 1LT won't have it (I can't really count Black for factory stock purposes) and I didn't read whether the SS was a 1 or a 2.

Someone that's up that way check into that for us.
It has leather and the auxiliary gauges, so it's a 2SS.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:28 AM

I think the stripes would look really bad if they extended on to the nose, due to the mailslot. It would also be extremely difficult to do and do right with vinyl stripes. I think you are going to need to go with painted stripes if you want them on the nose.

I do agree that they could and should go over the rear spoiler though.

I want to see Inferno Orange with Cyber Grey stripes. That is what I am leaning towards so far. But I think white stripes might look good too. Its so hard to tell without seeing it (atleast in pictures).
Old 01-14-2009, 12:03 PM

the pics of the red car w/ stripes may have solved my color delemma.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:53 PM

Just because some of us made a comment about the stripes, does not mean we do not like the car or appreciate all the effort the team put into it. I think this camaro is the best one ever! I'm also going to buy one. However, it is just an opinion. If you look at the stripes on a 1st gen or even the stipes on the fbodfather's red camaro, they all cross over onto the nose. It's just what some of us expected and were surprised when we saw the stipes only on the hood. I would like people who are looking in the rear view mirror to SEE those stripes when I'm comming up on them. They should also see them on the spoiler when I PASS!
Old 01-14-2009, 03:09 PM

I'm in LOVE

with this car .
Old 01-14-2009, 04:50 PM

This picture is so cool.

I'm not sure why - just looks racy and mean.

Egads people. Stop wringing your hands about the location of the stripes
Old 01-15-2009, 11:45 AM

I'll be there!
Old 01-15-2009, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by ZZtop
I think the stripes would look really bad if they extended on to the nose, due to the mailslot. It would also be extremely difficult to do and do right with vinyl stripes.
Well, if you look at Bumblebee and the convertible concept, you can SEE (no thinking required) how much better the car looks with the stripes continuing onto the nose piece. It makes the striping look more refined and finished. These look like a package that you could buy at Auto Zone and slap on in your driveway in about an hour.

And it wouldn't be difficult to add two more pieces of vinyl to the package. They use use jigs at the assembly plants to install these packages. It makes it quick, easy, and precise to install stripes, decals, emblems, etc. on every vehicle.

And before anyone jumps down my throat, the GM stripes would not stop me from getting one of these cars. I would just order it without the stripes and either have stripes painted on or wait for a good aftermarket vinyl stripe package.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by HuJass
Well, if you look at Bumblebee and the convertible concept, you can SEE (no thinking required) how much better the car looks with the stripes continuing onto the nose piece. It makes the striping look more refined and finished. These look like a package that you could buy at Auto Zone and slap on in your driveway in about an hour.

And it wouldn't be difficult to add two more pieces of vinyl to the package. They use use jigs at the assembly plants to install these packages. It makes it quick, easy, and precise to install stripes, decals, emblems, etc. on every vehicle.

And before anyone jumps down my throat, the GM stripes would not stop me from getting one of these cars. I would just order it without the stripes and either have stripes painted on or wait for a good aftermarket vinyl stripe package.
I agree on all counts....but thats why I'm going to get stripes painted on my IOM SS. I am also trying to make a decision as to cyber grey or black for the stripe color. Hopefully we'll see an IOM soon with both colors on it to help make our decision. It sure is a sweet looking looking car even if the mailslot is not functional (yet). Can't wait to have it in the garage!
Old 01-15-2009, 07:50 PM

I recall when we found out the stripes would be vinyl there were quite a few of us who decided then to have them painted on. So this is really a non-issue for those of us already making plans to have them painted on.