2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaros in ALL colors

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 11:55 AM

Camaros in ALL colors

When do you think we will see the Camaro in all of the colors that are being offered? I know people have posted the colors on pics of other vehicles, but when will we get to see the real deal on the car? There were quite a few IVER cars, why can't GM paint them in some other colors for us to see? I won't be ordering until Feb-March, so I have time, but I'm still curious. This is my first brand new car, and I am on the fence when it comes to color.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:28 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

GM will probably run through the whole palatte when they ramp up the CFV production early '09
Old 10-23-2008, 08:56 PM

Colors

I wanted white with black rally stripes, NO GO. It's not even in the system to choose. The sales manager, who seems to know more than others and doesn't BS you told me white would not be available until late in the production cycle of the 2010's. He didn't know why as he could not get a straight answer from whom ever he has talked to.
This really bummed me out as white is shown on the GM site as one of the choices.
I didn't want to wait so I chose another color, fearing that if I waited I wouldn't get my car until 2011. Reason being that my dealer has been allocated only 19 camaros, 3% of which will be SS's.
Theres been other opinions posted about this, such that there will be more allocations once production starts, however someone else posted that his dealer would not take his order as their allocation was 5 and thay already had 5 orders. He is on a waiting list.

If your set on having a camaro by this summer I would go ahead and order.
I believe you can make changes up until the VIN number is assigned to your car.

Keep in mind this is all what I've been told or read. Not necessarily fact.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by 10Redrocket
I wanted white with black rally stripes, NO GO. It's not even in the system to choose.
The factory stripes are limited to the set on the order system, but you can get stripes installed as a dealer accessory as you see fit. If black stripes are available, the dealer can install them and they must be warrantied with the car etc as-if they came from the factory. Just passing that on in case you didn't know.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:23 PM

Reason being that my dealer has been allocated only 19 camaros, 3% of which will be SS's.
Man, they only get 1/2 an SS. That's tough.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

only 19 camaros, 3% of which will be SS's
Somebody at the dealership made up that 3% figure. That's ridiculous, and GM hasn't supplied that sort of information yet.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:50 AM

The sales manager, who seems to know more than others and doesn't BS you told me white would not be available until late in the production cycle of the 2010's. He didn't know why as he could not get a straight answer from whom ever he has talked to.
This really bummed me out as white is shown on the GM site as one of the choices.
I read on a thread somewhere that they are going to eventually be changing the Impala over to use Summit White (the Camaro white) rather than its current "White" and that they only want to paint one white at Oshawa. Thus the delay for white on the Camaro.

I don't know if that's true or not, but it sounds feasible.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:14 PM

maybe he means 30%
Old 10-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Eric77TA
I read on a thread somewhere that they are going to eventually be changing the Impala over to use Summit White (the Camaro white) rather than its current "White" and that they only want to paint one white at Oshawa. Thus the delay for white on the Camaro.

I don't know if that's true or not, but it sounds feasible.
I can see not wanting to have two different whites... it could cause confusion when loading paint into the sprayers and stuff...

Having said that, I can't help but wonder how different the two whites are. Why not offer the initial white Camaros in the white that's currently being used on the Impala, and when the time comes to switch, just switch?

Old 10-24-2008, 07:14 PM

Contract difficulties? Further cost cutting? It should already be set out how much of that white the supplier is to supply. Also, does every painted part get painted in the same booth? Stuff like the mirrors, door handles, or other body panels? If they are assembled, and painted by another supplier you have to take into account their access to the old white.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:14 PM

Allocations

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
Somebody at the dealership made up that 3% figure. That's ridiculous, and GM hasn't supplied that sort of information yet.
I'm not the only one on this site that has been given info on their dealers allocations. I was just passing on info to others here so we can all make fairly educated decisions about our orders, intentions.
I did say in my post that I WAS TOLD, meaning heresay, not FACT.

I would not post info that I believed to be BS or made up.
The sales manager has 35 yrs at this dealer, the salesman I go to has sold me my last 4 new cars and 2 other salesman I've talked to all said the same thing - And I didn't ask, it just came up in the conversation.
On top of all this I went to school with the salesman and 2 of the mechanics that work there.
I don't believe this to be made up or BS, especially since they all say the same thing.

Also, I did read somewhere that allocation will be based on dealer volume (of both cars and trucks) so large dealers may or do have their allocation info and small ones may not have any.

And yes! 1/2 a car would be tough figure 5 or maybe 6 SS's

Sorry so long but I wanted to explain the circumctances so all understand.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:29 PM

I'm not the only one on this site that has been given info on their dealers allocations. I was just passing on info to others here so we can all make fairly educated decisions about our orders, intentions.
I did say in my post that I WAS TOLD, meaning heresay, not FACT.

I would not post info that I believed to be BS or made up.
The sales manager has 35 yrs at this dealer, the salesman I go to has sold me my last 4 new cars and 2 other salesman I've talked to all said the same thing - And I didn't ask, it just came up in the conversation.
On top of all this I went to school with the salesman and 2 of the mechanics that work there.
I don't believe this to be made up or BS, especially since they all say the same thing.

Also, I did read somewhere that allocation will be based on dealer volume (of both cars and trucks) so large dealers may or do have their allocation info and small ones may not have any.

And yes! 1/2 a car would be tough figure 5 or maybe 6 SS's

Sorry so long but I wanted to explain the circumctances so all understand.
What is the difference between a car salesman and a computer salesman? The car salesman KNOWS when he is lying to you -- sometimes.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:18 PM

Allocations = Guide Number

Originally Posted by Bearcat Steve
What is the difference between a car salesman and a computer salesman? The car salesman KNOWS when he is lying to you -- sometimes.
Q. If I place an order for a Camaro with a dealer, is it guaranteed to be produced
and delivered by the summer of 2009?
A. Order submission assists GM and Chevrolet in understanding market
demand. Each Chevrolet dealer has been provided an estimated production
guide number based on an estimated production horizon. The guide number
comprehends individual dealer’s retail sales and competitor’s market trends; and
was calculated based on expected production through Q3 2009.

See http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/pdf/...+Order+FAQ.pdf