2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro prototype without any camoflage!! Hollllly..

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:44 AM

In my opinion prototypes almost always look weird, and the spy shots people get are usually low quality and from weird angles. I think I'll hold my judgment until the real production version is revealed. There is no way Scott and the folks at GM are gonna screw up the look of the Camaro, it will look bad *** when it's all done! We've waited 2 years already another 8+ months will fly by. In the meantime, I'm still obsessing over my 4th gen going on 12 years now!!
Old 12-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by bond2
There is no way...the folks at GM are gonna screw up the look of the Camaro
This one carries a ton of weight. Does anyone have a clue how much the next Camaro is under a microscope? The whole industry is looking through that scope, and some spectators think they are looking through a bombsight. The Camaro team knows this and is also aware that the microscope/bombsight will turn into a spotlight soon enough and they need to be ready.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
This one carries a ton of weight. Does anyone have a clue how much the next Camaro is under a microscope? The whole industry is looking through that scope, and some spectators think they are looking through a bombsight. The Camaro team knows this and is also aware that the microscope/bombsight will turn into a spotlight soon enough and they need to be ready.
That's true. IMHO this Camaro will be more important to GM than even the C6 Vette was. If GM does it right, people will say GM is on the right path across the board. If they screw it up, the same people will say the Malibu was an anomoly and GM is up to their old tricks. I'm hoping for the former.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
V6....no discernable rear spoiler
Yeah, could be Doug. Notice the wheels though, they look production spec and are the same ones as the first prototype BL drove in Australia, and that one was a V8.

Probably doesn't mean much, just an observation.

Also, from the sound of it, I'd doubt they'll be able to get much more than 275 mm section width tire under the Camaro - we'll see though. The pic looks like it's got 225-235's.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Z284ever:
Also, from the sound of it, I'd doubt they'll be able to get much more than 275 mm section width tire under the Camaro - we'll see though. The pic looks like it's got 225-235's.
This has got to be a biggy too.
They have decide how big of a wheel-well is big enough for enthusiests to fit 22's or 315's but not so big that it looks like it belongs on a 4x4 when factory 17's or 18's are used....
I hope suspension peices are too awfully close so some wider tires can be fitted.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:22 PM

Body kit

If i were a body kit manufacturer, i'd make sure to design new rear quarter panels that mimic the wide look of the prototype and door skins to match, and seal a deal with GM to offer them as a special option. That way they could be designed cheaply (as opposed to GM designing 2 sets of hips) and everyone would be happy !! Yay !

Sadly i'm just a computer tech...

... who really can't wait to see this masterpiece in person !
Old 12-19-2007, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
I still say you're blind. The hips are still there.
you're kidding right? You did see the comparison pics I posted?? And that's looks the SAME to YOU? I didn't say the hips were GONE, I said they are 80% gone. IE:Watered down.

look agian.. This time look at the leading edge of the door where it meets the front quarter panal. The Concept has a distinct < shape, the one on the White car is more like l. And that is NOT from lighting or the color of the car.

And Scott, I'm sorry if I'm one of the ones causing you to turn into a veggy. I really appreciate what you do and what you guys are doing. I am just "initially" dissapointed by THIS spy shot because MY favorite part of the car has been in my opinion very watered down.

Note I said I'd still buy one.

Last edited by christianjax; 12-19-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:26 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Let me mention this again -- I am taking notes on this thread -- and I am going to have a FIELD DAY with a few people.

That picture of the Silver Concept is misleading - the 'hips' aren't as big as the picture shows them.....and dear GOD -- please -- the white car is NOT showing you a finished product.

A couple of last words and then I'm done for now......

There are those on this site that are true Camaro Enthusiasts -- and there are those that claim to be and there are those who are car enthusiasts and there are those that really don't care.

That's fine.

My point? You can bet your last dollar that Cheryl and Tom and Ed and Gene and Doug and John and myself and a whole lot of other people have put their everything into this car......and some of us LIVE for Camaro. I mean that -- we LIVE for it.

If you think for one moment we're gonna water this car down to where it's 'second best' or a mild version of what you saw unveiled on January 9th, 2006 -- you live in a fantasy land.

Have some of you forgotten that we had the "12 disciples of which there are 15" to Milford to drive the concept and then talk to them hours upon hours about this car? Do you REALLY believe they're gonna let us water down this car? Do you REALLY?????????

You can go on and on about what the picture MAKES you think.....but trust me -- you're gonna be blown away (in a good way) when you see the final product.

PERIOD.

End of story.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:37 PM

(see above-last post)

It all boils down to "having faith".

Speaking for myself, there is absolutely NO doubt that I will love the production version just as much as I love the concept.

Re-read Scott's words if necessary people!

HAVE FAITH!
Old 12-19-2007, 02:55 PM

Listen to that fbodfather guy, I think he knows some things that we don't.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:25 PM

My god I want one of these cars and after every single post by the Fbodfather I want one even more. I have had 3 Camaro Z28s and cant wait to have another.

I may be looking for another wife to, after she finds out that I got one.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:29 PM

He's making a list and checking it twice gonna find out who's naughty...or nice......
Old 12-19-2007, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by christianjax
... I didn't say the hips were GONE, I said they are 80% gone. IE:Watered down.

... MY favorite part of the car has been in my opinion very watered down.....
I'm glad they're watered down. That was my initial, and only, criticism of the concept.
I have $23K saved so far towards a 5th gen. I was starting to look at other cars just 'cause it's been so long and still so long to go. But this thread has given me strength to hang in there.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
I am taking notes on this thread -- and I am going to have a FIELD DAY with a few people.
I am looking forward to this.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:19 PM

you guys need to take a flipping CHILL Pill. if you guys are losing faith in GM then go else where we dont want to hear it.

Scott settle down please I for one dont want to see you in the hospital.

Quick Reply: Camaro prototype without any camoflage!! Hollllly..