2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro prototype without any camoflage!! Hollllly..

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 01:13 PM

what bad has happened from it?..well my first impression of the white bread leaked photo is the vehicle looks like a baby dodge avenger..the vehicle is just plain dog ugly..i wanted a bumblebee and not a copy of the dodge avenger...thats the problem....i have not been to a chevy dealership in say 20 years..that leaked photo will not get me to return..thats why the camaro team is so pissed..you guys will go because you love camaros...it is guys (or gals) like me who GM needs to get into this vehicle or it will fail....do not fret...i thought the orange convertible camaro was beautiful...but abysmal photo's can change attitudes towards the camero from positive to no way in hell very very quickly
Old 12-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Aaron91RS
Maybe if GM released their own pics we wouldn't have a problem with low quality spy shots.
The problem is, the car is not ready to be presented yet, it is still incomplete. Any picture released now would be inaccurate, including the one in question. When the car has been finalized, THEN it will be released showing all the details.

Oh wait we need to keep the production car secret because...
It looks 90% like the concept, what exactly are you trying to hide?
They are trying to minimize people being misled with incorrect details.

It's like OMG everyone on the camaro boards is buzzing about a leaked shot and it's creating all kinds of free publicity. OMG we must stop it!
While most of the reviews are still positive, even though the picture makes it look like crap, some of that free publicity is working against them. Your post criticizing GM is a fine example.

Lets not say a word about the car, and hide all pics.
Then one night we will secretly stick them out on car lots and hope no one notices.
That doesn't even make sense. An effective advertising and marketing plan doesn't include crappy, blurry, distorted product shots released when the car is still being developed followed up with trying to keep people from buying their product.

Of all the spy shots released...the new camaro, what exactly bad has happened from it?
People are already saying they don't like it and have made up their mind will not buy it based on the pictures when the pictures they are looking at are NOT a true representation of what the final production model will be. "Yeah, I saw the new Camaro. Been there, done that. It doesn't look as good as they said it would. What a letdown. I won't consider it again, it looked like crap." Then they forget about it or buy something else. To answer your question, that is bad.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JasonD
People are already saying they don't like it and have made up their mind will not buy it based on the pictures when the pictures they are looking at are NOT a true representation of what the final production model will be. "Yeah, I saw the new Camaro. Been there, done that. It doesn't look as good as they said it would. What a letdown. I won't consider it again, it looked like crap." Then they forget about it or buy something else. To answer your question, that is bad.
Exactly. They might have been holding off on buying a Mustang or a Challenger until they saw this picture of the "production Camaro" and now they're running off to the other guys' lots to buy a car. No good.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by snooter
what bad has happened from it?..well my first impression of the white bread leaked photo is the vehicle looks like a baby dodge avenger..the vehicle is just plain dog ugly..i wanted a bumblebee and not a copy of the dodge avenger...thats the problem....i have not been to a chevy dealership in say 20 years..that leaked photo will not get me to return..thats why the camaro team is so pissed..you guys will go because you love camaros...it is guys (or gals) like me who GM needs to get into this vehicle or it will fail....do not fret...i thought the orange convertible camaro was beautiful...but abysmal photo's can change attitudes towards the camero from positive to no way in hell very very quickly

That's what happened to me. I certainly have the disposable income to purchase any Camaro and was not concerned about markup. These ho-hum looking pictures, combined with the continuing wait forced my hand, and though I really wanted a 5th gen to match the '68 Z/28 in the garage, I bought an '08 Z06. It should arrive next week and I am never going to look back.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by snooter
what bad has happened from it?..well my first impression of the white bread leaked photo is the vehicle looks like a baby dodge avenger..the vehicle is just plain dog ugly..i wanted a bumblebee and not a copy of the dodge avenger...thats the problem....i have not been to a chevy dealership in say 20 years..that leaked photo will not get me to return..thats why the camaro team is so pissed..you guys will go because you love camaros...it is guys (or gals) like me who GM needs to get into this vehicle or it will fail....do not fret...i thought the orange convertible camaro was beautiful...but abysmal photo's can change attitudes towards the camaro from positive to no way in hell very very quickly
how can you say it looks ugly when it: a) is white and we know white does not show the lines of a vehicle very well; b) is not a final production version of the car so we dont know what the final version looks like yet; c) photo is blurry as hell; d) still has some wrappings on it hiding much to be seen.
I'm not sure what people who are judging this picture are basing it on? it doesn't look like the concept??? what doesn't look like it, but is needed/makes since to have...and we all knew would happen(higher roof line, b-pillar, smaller wheels, side mirrors?)
I just cant understand how people are passing judgment on how it looks when they themselves dont know how it looks.

Originally Posted by ZZMike
I really wanted a 5th gen to match the '68 Z/28 in the garage, I bought an '08 Z06.
Cool! we'll be expecting pics when it gets there...but feel free to go ahead and post up pics of the '68 somewhere
Old 12-17-2007, 02:51 PM

It's been on here before, but here is a pic I have saved at work.

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/5577/experqm1.jpg

Z06 pics soon. My apologies to Scott, but enough is enough.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:54 PM

very cool, and I dont think there is anything wrong in your decision. You did buy a Chevrolet after all...and two damn nice ones at that.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:05 PM

It's been on here before, but here is a pic I have saved at work.

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/5577/experqm1.jpg

Z06 pics soon. My apologies to Scott, but enough is enough.
Cross-ram!?! Ouch. I don't even want to begin to think what that car is worth. Nice color btw.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
People are already saying they don't like it and have made up their mind will not buy it based on the pictures when the pictures they are looking at are NOT a true representation of what the final production model will be. .
The concept was not a true representation of what it would look like.
By that logic they shouldn't have shown it either.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:20 PM

While the concept Camaro is truely orgasmic, this white thing reminds me more of my refrigerator. Maybe its the Pontiac GTO version of the new Camaro. Flame suit on, fire away bit(hes. If the production car does NOT have the widened rear quarter panels that make it look like you could fit 12 inch MT ET streets in the back, they lost me as a customer. The BS about the white car being a cheap V6 version doesnt fly, GM is only going to make one body style. Remember when the early Caprice came out in 91 and looked like a Hudson (or a bath tub), it didnt take GM long to change the rear quarters. GM still has time to get it right before early, limited production starts in a year. If 90% of the people liked the concept, then why deviate from it. GM NEEDS to release a good picture of the quarter panel in front of the rear wheel opening to show people that the production car is, in fact, close to the concept. Unless, maybe, it isnt. I've owned 20 4th gen F-bodies and purchased most of them new. My license plate reads: FBDY4FR.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:29 PM

There isn't much any of us can do now about the spy pic of any Camaro but more importantly the white un-camo'd one. I like many are still interested and some bad spy pic only gives me greater resolve to the idea that I want one. These spy pics won't make or break the car. How many people will actually see the pics and of that group how many will despise the pic so badly that they will change their minds on actually buying the car in 2009.... is it worth actually talking about that tiny percentages of people whom would actually buy the car and now not doing so based on this pic...

My personal thought is that like past cars, Mustang and Viper come to mind where we had a flashy and popular concept vehicle that built up interest for the production vehicle that kept the styling close this Camaro will impress like they did. Sure this car will soften up a bit from it's concept looks but who here really wants 22" dubs on it anyway. No this car will impress us again when its released and for those who waited or those that didn't or those that never knew or cared then an only then will the game actually count.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:33 PM

Did some of you actually think the car wouldn't get a little smoothed out?
I really wouldn't waste your time arguing with people who will base their opinion off of a blurry picture.
Wait and smile at them when you see them in their perfect cars sitting at a red light. Then blow their doors off.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by christianjax
I know the side body sculpting is still there, it just LOOKS watered down. And that was my favorite part of the car. It would be like putting A cups on Jessica Simpson.
Well it was not watered down it was just changed for various reasons I can think of.

First off flaired qarter panels like the Concept would eat rocks and be chipped in the first week the car was on the road. MY 04 GM has may chips in its flaird Quarter and it is not even close to the Concepts flairs.

Second some body lines are hard to make in metal. Case in point the hood fenders were made with the new Hydralic Hydraform pressing GM uses. It is great for making difficult sheet metal parts but it is good in low volume applications.

Three if the fenders stick out too much how many average drivers would hit something?

I could go on but I expect this was changed for drivability, production and cost reasons.

Show cars are show cars and everything just does not work well in the real world.

Last edited by hyperv6; 12-18-2007 at 06:03 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:57 PM

That's what happened to me. I certainly have the disposable income to purchase any Camaro and was not concerned about markup. These ho-hum looking pictures, combined with the continuing wait forced my hand, and though I really wanted a 5th gen to match the '68 Z/28 in the garage, I bought an '08 Z06. It should arrive next week and I am never going to look back.
I'm kind of in the same boat. I've been keeping my personal candle burning for the Camaro, during the hiatus, and during the 4th gen, which I didn't like enough to purchase. I'm hoping for a fitting garage mate to my 10,000 mile, G92, 1989 IROC-Z. But just like you I think, once I'm gone, that'll be that.

Do the pics I've seen so far impress me? Nope. Not really. Hard to be impressed by any of them actually. I realize they are pretty bad, unflattering pictures though. The one in this thread isn't that bad, so I'm not completely out of hope.
I expect that, for those who say they find the spy pics we've seen so far impressive, will buy this Camaro regardless of..well..anything.

I'm willing to wait just alittle bit longer before passing final judgement however - the flame on my candle has been burning for so long, I'd like to wait just alittle bit longer before putting it out for good.

Last edited by Z284ever; 12-17-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:01 PM

I wish I had never found and posted the pic without the camo. It would have wound up everywhere anyway, but honestly, I am so tired of hearing everyone complaining about not getting any information and then when there is some, all I hear is " oh god, I hope that antenna goes away or oh god, those mirrors are hideous or whatever the hell else people can come up with to complain about. And for those that are considering a new Z06 instead of waiting to be disappointed with the final outcome of the Camaro, GO FOR IT....if I could afford an $80,000 car (the way I would want it) I wouldn't be looking at the Camaro either. It's just gotten totally ridiculous on all of the boards........but this one seems to be more negative minded that the rest.......

I honestly don't see why everyone's so down on the pic.........it looks just like the concept to me........Who cares what angle it was taken at? Could a meaner stance have been portrayed? Sure.......but, look around, there are some pics of the concept at that same angle.....I'm actually more pleased to see how close they have stayed to the concept. Where's the gas door? Do I care, not really. Would I like it to be on top of the quarter? Of course.....it looked good there. Is it practical? Probably not from a manufacturing standpoint. Will it keep me from buying the car? NOPE!!

Quick Reply: Camaro prototype without any camoflage!! Hollllly..