2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro production will be UNaffected

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 01:55 PM

Camaro production will be UNaffected

Figured this needed its own thread since the ALL PLANTS SHUTDOWN thread is such a negative title.

http://newsdurhamregion.com/business/article/115425
Old 12-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Admin Emeritus

Fixed the other thread title so people wouldn't freak.

I made a call, things should be just fine. The ripple effect hasn't reached the Camaro, and hopefully will not. It ain't over until it is over, and it is far from it still.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Fixed the other thread title so people wouldn't freak.

I made a call, things should be just fine. The ripple effect hasn't reached the Camaro, and hopefully will not. It ain't over until it is over, and it is far from it still.
Try getting a loan for a new one from your bank now. Also not to be a giant negative nancy, but GM is taking a nose dive right now buying a product that is going to drop 75% in value is not a wise move.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:36 PM

February 16, 2009

After a long six weeks of sitting around the house, shoveling snow and watching too much TV, GM workers are happy to be back at work to build the new Camaro. Production quality of this car will be the best to ever roll off a GM assembly line EVER. The GM workers know this car will help keep their company alive, and they employed. The customers who waited patiently for this car will be very happy with the build quality and performance of their new hot rod. All is good.

I read where Fbod clarified two of the three production lines are slowing production to allow current stock to sell off, and the Camaro line will continue with a few cars per day while they perfect the build process and ramp up to full production in Feb 09.

(I had a dream)

Last edited by CosmicTrucker; 12-12-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bigrus
Try getting a loan for a new one from your bank now. Also not to be a giant negative nancy, but GM is taking a nose dive right now buying a product that is going to drop 75% in value is not a wise move.

75% wtf is that about? Why stop at 75? If we are pulling numbers out of our @$$ lets go all the way.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:59 PM

So.... lets say somewhere early into production GM folds.. All of the top execs get their millions as the company fails and everyone is sent home (the new Enron. Execs get millions while leaving everyone else on the street). Now you are left with several thousand 2010 Camaro's to be put in dealer lots.

Do you REALLY think they are going to tank in value? lol
Old 12-12-2008, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by super83Z
75% wtf is that about? Why stop at 75? If we are pulling numbers out of our @$$ lets go all the way.
You are talking out of yours. The GM product has dropped and is going to keep dropping no bank by 2010 is going to even think about giving out a loan for GM. Go check the news about loans being called in full on GM now.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by graham
So.... lets say somewhere early into production GM folds.. All of the top execs get their millions as the company fails and everyone is sent home (the new Enron. Execs get millions while leaving everyone else on the street). Now you are left with several thousand 2010 Camaro's to be put in dealer lots.

Do you REALLY think they are going to tank in value? lol

Wow...im shocked that you really think that if GM folds they will just be selling those cars at the dealerships.

You do realize unless you have cash in hand you will not even be able to sniff the interior no bank would hand you that much money on a folded companies car. The last thing GM is worrying about is producing a sports car, and in reality this bailout is not going to help them.

GM will get their money one way or another, but all that money after it gets tossed into Union contracts, CEO contracts, and pissed away elsewhere will be like a thumb in the crack of a dam. The flood will still come, but a few people will make their money from it.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:00 PM

Wow...im shocked that you really think that if GM folds they will just be selling those cars at the dealerships.

You do realize unless you have cash in hand you will not even be able to sniff the interior no bank would hand you that much money on a folded companies car. The last thing GM is worrying about is producing a sports car, and in reality this bailout is not going to help them.

GM will get their money one way or another, but all that money after it gets tossed into Union contracts, CEO contracts, and pissed away elsewhere will be like a thumb in the crack of a dam. The flood will still come, but a few people will make their money from it.
Oh please, why don't you carry your BS Butt off to some liberal forum that appreciates your negative attitude. I rarely tell anybody off on a forum, but I'll make an exception for your sorry butt. It is negative people like you with your attitude of telling everyone what they are "too stupid" (in your opinion) to understand, that you "know" what is really going to happen. If I could reach through the internet and punch you out, I'd do it in a second, you and all of the idiots supposedly representing us at Disney on the Potomac. Come back and visit the forum when you have some honest, constructive thoughts to share.
Clyde

Last edited by wildpaws; 12-12-2008 at 09:02 PM. Reason: text
Old 12-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Admin Emeritus

Hey, take it easy, guys! We're all friends here, ease up.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:13 PM

Why is it that everyone with single digit posts either wants to stir the pot and say the car is canceled or ask if the car comes with 4 wheels?
Old 12-12-2008, 10:15 PM

You are talking out of yours. The GM product has dropped and is going to keep dropping no bank by 2010 is going to even think about giving out a loan for GM. Go check the news about loans being called in full on GM now.
I'm not wasting my time on your wild goose chases. Provide a link or get out.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:19 AM

have to respond here, girlfriend just bought a new trailblazer, no money down and had no problem getting a loan. my question is why would the banks not want to loan money when buying a gm car? the money for the loan is not coming from gm. please explain why banks would not loan money for someone buying a gm car even if it files chap 11. I think there if you have good credit you will not have a problem getting a loan, banks determine loans on the customers credit rating not the manufactuers credit rating.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:40 AM

Banks don't deny loans based on certain automobile manufactures You guys crack me up sometimes.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:40 AM

It's the voice of DOOOOM syndrome.

Quick Reply: Camaro production will be UNaffected