2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro Fifth Generation

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 02:33 PM

Re: Camaro Fifth Generation

Old 01-25-2006, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by stars1010

You just won Guy's award for the funniest thing I've read all week!

Look, guys. Quite frankly, anyone who thinks Camaro looks like Mustang should take a long walk off a short pier (or if none is in your area, playing in the center lane of the nearest freeway will suffice).

The Camaro has a 3 box design and 4 wheels. Beyond that, it looks nothing.... and I mean NOTHING like Ford's Mustang. What's next? A Porsche looks like a Corvette because both have exposed lights?

The Camaro has notchback, Mustang's a fastback.

The Camaro has a full width grille, Mustang's is not.

The Camaro has no "B" pillar. Mustang does.

The Camaro has it's rear side window touching the door windows. Mustangs is separated.

The Camaro has quad tail lights, Mustang has 2 tail lights with a hint of tri lenses.

The Camaro has curved "Hips", Mustang doesn't.

The Camaro doesn't have the wheel arches of the Mustang.

The Camaro doesn't have the "hockey stick" crease the Mustang has ahead of the rear wheels.

The Camaro does have "louvers" ahead of the rear wheels, the Mustang doesn't.

The Camaro's fog lights are in the bumper, Mustang's is in the grille.

The Camaro doesn't have Mustang's rear "gas cap".

The Camaro's bumpers don't protrude like the Mustang's.

...and those who can't tell the difference between a horse or a bow tie in the center of the grill, probally were asleep during animals names day at pre-school.

Camaro looks like a Mustang?

Go shoot yourself. Now.

Last edited by guionM; 01-25-2006 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
They're both ponycars and the Camaro was initially created to compete with the Mustang in the ponycar market.

Explain to me why they shouldn't be similar again?
I'd love to hear this explanation. I think alot of ppl forget the pony car factor. And as for the Camaro looking like the challenger, I chalk it up to them ALL being pony cars like you said. The Challenger is a retro version of a 70 challenger, which came out after both Mustang & Camaro. IMO the mopar pony cars bore a heavy ressemblance to 1st gen Camaros even back then, so there's going to be similarities. I don't see any similarities with the mustang other than configuration. IMHO Chevrolet did a way better job making Camaro look very modern as well, instead of just trying to make the car look like a specific model year like the others did. Needles to say, I am very pleased with the 5th generation Camaro.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:44 PM

EXCELLENT post guionM, my sentiments exactly! They both have 2 doors and that's about it. It's like saying Oprah Winfrey looks just like Halle Berry because they are both women. I'll take a Camaro and Halle please.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:46 PM

i don't think they look anything alike, i would guess anyone that says they do just glanced at both cars and don't know what they actually look like and those same people would probably say the same about any random two passenger cars that they never really looked at much

and about all the people wanting the camaro to of looked like the fabricated "concept" 5th gen from that college kid that has been out on the internet for awhile now can have it, just follow these simple steps:

1. go buy a 69 camaro
2. place an order to GM for a new LS6/7
3. take your pimpin ride to the body shop and get some new fenders and a little bit of bodywork done on it and POOF you have a retro styled "modern" camaro

you could have repeated this process with the challenger but dodge is going to do it for you, and don't get me wrong, i love the old challenger and camaro but i would rather buy the original then a modern mock up of one

i don't know about anyone else but i am happy as hell that the camaro concept doesn't look like any other generation of camaro, what is the point in making a NEW car when it isn't a new car and has already been made, i actually don't mind the new mustang either since it does still look like a new car with design cues from the past but i was never much of a ford fan and the camaro just looks much more sexah to me

(already got my 5th gen savings account started, just waiting for production so i can blow it)
Old 01-26-2006, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by LrngCrv
1. go buy a 69 camaro
2. place an order to GM for a new LS6/7
3. take your pimpin ride to the body shop and get some new fenders and a little bit of bodywork done on it and POOF you have a retro styled "modern" camaro
Except that the Camaro concept has a longer wheelbase; is wider than a 69 Camaro; has a modern front and rear suspension instead of an almost 40 year-old one; and the 69 would never pass today's crash standards.

Anyone that suggests the Camaro concept is simply a redone 69 Camaro either hasn't seen the car in person, or is just plain clueless.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:03 AM

Except that the Camaro concept has a longer wheelbase; is wider than a 69 Camaro; has a modern front and rear suspension instead of an almost 40 year-old one; and the 69 would never pass today's crash standards.

Anyone that suggests the Camaro concept is simply a redone 69 Camaro either hasn't seen the car in person, or is just plain clueless.
Its got the 6 spd also. You could probably get a 69 for 25 to 35 grand with all that work done but you wouldnt dare drive it every day after all that.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:22 AM

umm... did you read my post?

that fabricated concept that college kid did doesn't match anything you just said, i know at least that it didn't have a longer wheelbase, could have been a little wider if the fenders were fatter though but was basically the same car
Old 01-26-2006, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by LrngCrv
umm... did you read my post?

that fabricated concept that college kid did doesn't match anything you just said, i know at least that it didn't have a longer wheelbase, could have been a little wider if the fenders were fatter though but was basically the same car
Huh? What rock did you just crawl out from under?
Old 01-26-2006, 11:34 AM

I still wont understand the Mustang comment...but I will say THIS.
The big reason, and I so f*cking called it, is that the car is retro.
What they want to say is "Its styled like the Mustang is styled" but most brains cant compute that.
If this was styled like a MODERN Camaro, this mistake would not happen.
But I digress....
Old 01-26-2006, 02:12 PM

Okay guys, listen close. For those that say the Camaro looks like a Mustang,
Pamala Anderson looks like Rosie O'Donnell. Both have a head, two legs, two arms, breasts, (in Rosie's case, YUCK) booties. (again, Rosie's )

That said, do they really look alike? Which would you rather drive?
Pamala = Camaro or Rosie = Mustang ?
Old 01-26-2006, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by christianjax
Okay guys, listen close. For those that say the Camaro looks like a Mustang,
Pamala Anderson looks like Rosie O'Donnell. Both have a head, two legs, two arms, breasts, (in Rosie's case, YUCK) booties. (again, Rosie's )

That said, do they really look alike? Which would you rather drive?
Pamala = Camaro or Rosie = Mustang ?
Rosie's got breasts?

Old 01-26-2006, 02:53 PM

I know it's not pretty, but neither is Rosie. (or the Mustang for that matter)
Old 01-26-2006, 04:35 PM

I guess hes talking about Kris's rendering
Old 01-26-2006, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
I guess hes talking about Kris's rendering
yes, that CAD "fabricated college kid's camaro" obviously means i'm not talking about chevy's concept, i was posting about the author of this threads remark about how he would rather have it look like that fake concept that was made

it helps to read, but it doesn't really matter...

back on topic, i think guionM posted it the best about the differences, i also noticed today that the 5th gen reminds me a little of my 3rd gen... they both have that edge that goes down the sides and makes them look more agressive, i haven't seen a mustang for a long time that looks agressive imo, the front of the new mustang looks all droopy and the camaro looks sharp and like is just itching to jump at you

Last edited by LrngCrv; 01-26-2006 at 05:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Camaro Fifth Generation