2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any advertisment on tv yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 09:45 PM

Any advertisment on tv yet?

Just wondering if there is anything on the screen yet, or when about should we expect one. Iv been thinking about it almost everyday, and I hope it will be a damn good one and catch the young drivers imagination.
Just like the one with the rustang I think around a yr ago on tv. The one with the father and son doing burnouts having a good time ..
Old 01-13-2009, 08:10 AM

I hope we will see some really cool Camaro commercials. However, listening to reports from the Detroit Auto show, advertising budgets are really really tight. We might see one but, I think it is more likely we'll see advertising in other areas.

I did like that Mustang commercial with the son doing burnouts. The father looks at him and instead of getting on him, he says..."that's what I'm talking about"! Just perfect.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

I haven't seen any actual commercials, but as far as marketing... the Camaro was in Transformers, on My Own Worst Enemy, and recently made a brief appearance on The Today Show.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:42 AM

I read an article yesterday on either Automotive News or Detroit News that said GM is going to leave advertising of the Malibu, Silverado, Cobalt, and Traverse to the individual dealerships & dealership councils.
GM will provide advertising for the Camaro, the new Equinox, and some for the Malibu.

But no dates were given for advertising.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:43 PM

Smile

GM needs to blitz the TV with new Camaro ads, both for the V6 and V8. I would love to see something tying into the heritage of the 1st Gen cars, or do an ad with old movie footage from something like American Graffiti. That commercial the C6 vette first appeared in with the 2 kids flying through some city would also be a good place to start.

Whatever they decide I hope very much that GM remembers to include the automotive press by supplying Camaros for reviews, and soon!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:35 PM

The superbowl is in less than 2 weeks? I will probably be sued by the NFL for saying "that" word.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:51 AM

Here's a LINK to that Corvette commercial I was talking about. Just imagine what they could do with the Camaro!

Last edited by Logansneo; 01-22-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by GREZ28
Just wondering if there is anything on the screen yet, or when about should we expect one. Iv been thinking about it almost everyday, and I hope it will be a damn good one and catch the young drivers imagination.
Just like the one with the rustang I think around a yr ago on tv. The one with the father and son doing burnouts having a good time ..
Camaro isn't out for another 3 months. Advertizing costs alot of money... something not exactly flowing from GM coffers.

There is currently no shortage of orders for Camaros.

We'll see the new Camaro advertised around the time the car actually goes on sale.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by 2010SSVERT
The superbowl is in less than 2 weeks? I will probably be sued by the NFL for saying "that" word.
GM isn't doing any commercials this year during the superbowl!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:34 AM

If people flock now to dealers after seeing commercials they will be sorely disappointed.
Once production is up and running at capacity, I think you will see plenty of commercials.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by 8Banger
If people flock now to dealers after seeing commercials they will be sorely disappointed.
Once production is up and running at capacity, I think you will see plenty of commercials.
There's a simple solution movie studios have used to keep just that thing from happening every time they advertise with movie trailers....they show the date of release, or at least say coming soon! People aren't THAT stupid, and building up interest in the Camaro before it releases is a good thing. I regularly run into people who have no idea that the Camaro is coming back and are quite interested in finding out more when I tell them, or show them pictures of it so GM needs to do much, much more!

Enthusiasts are just a small percentage of consumers. GM needs to reach a broader audience, and in these economic times they need to reach them quickly and deftly.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Logansneo
show the date of release, or at least say coming soon! People aren't THAT stupid.
Yeah, this is a good idea and maybe they could also give the Chevrolet
Camaro website so they can find out more. I'm still not sure people aren't
that stuipid.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
Camaro isn't out for another 3 months. Advertizing costs alot of money... something not exactly flowing from GM coffers.

There is currently no shortage of orders for Camaros.

We'll see the new Camaro advertised around the time the car actually goes on sale.
And yet there's already Chevrolet Volt commercials on TV...?
Old 01-21-2009, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by meissenation
And yet there's already Chevrolet Volt commercials on TV...?
The Volt commercials are out there because GM needs to change perceptions regarding fuel efficiency.

GM already announced that much of its future advertising focus would be on up-and-coming vehicles including the Camaro. Advertising for regular, already-in-production cars like the Malibu is going to have to footed by the dealers.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:04 PM

Understood, but I was commenting more on the fact that there has yet to be any Camaro commercials. Advertise the v6 Camaro and it's great fuel economy while still having a sporty look. Hell, a few still shots of the Camaro for 3-4 seconds and then a black screen with white text "Coming Spring of 2009"

Quick Reply: Any advertisment on tv yet?