2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Announcing CamaroBuilder 2.0!

Old 10-29-2008, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
I believe it is indeed a dealer option. We'll get that fixed soon.

Thanks for letting me know....if it was a factory option, I would do it...but if it's a dealer option....nah....
Old 10-29-2008, 08:29 AM

A big thank you to Jake and Jason

Thanks Jake and Jason for this really cool new feature!

It's fun to play with!
Now if only I could get my wife to play with it!

Hmm, maybe I'll accidently leave it logged onto the laptop and display it prominently on the table for when she gets home at night--- A subtle suggestion about Christmas Presents under the tarp... Something like that.

This is so cool, I'd be out the door with my Camaro 1LT RS for less than $26,500. (My Dad's a GM retiree so I can get the GMS pricing). Yellow with cyber-grey stripe package.

Last edited by ws6transam; 10-29-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:56 AM

Very nice, thanks for doing this.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:01 AM

Will there be a gas guzzler tax?

Name:  GasGuzzlerTax.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  30.7 KB
Old 10-29-2008, 11:28 AM

Possible button bug: "Next Step" loses focus at/after "Wheels". (You can access the balance of the list by selecting from the master list on the left.)
Old 10-29-2008, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mid-Life Crisis
Will there be a gas guzzler tax?

Good question...I remember hearing that they were doing everything they can to avoid it, but I'm pretty sure that it won't get over 22.5 combined mpg(at least with the new EPA standards). According to the Camaro specifications that were released earlier, the V8 gets 23 highway.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Challenger R/T doesn't get a gas guzzler tax, and it's rated at 16/25 with 19 combined, so I'm not really sure how it all works, since according to the chart it should get a 2100 dollar gas guzzler tax.

Anyways, back on topic, great job on the Camaro builder 2! I noticed that you have the same picture for the Red jewel tint and the inferno orange metallic colors, looks like they're both Red. besides that though, excellent job, thank you for your hard work!
Old 10-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GMPG7783
Possible button bug: "Next Step" loses focus at/after "Wheels". (You can access the balance of the list by selecting from the master list on the left.)
The "Next Step" button is only enabled if you have made a selection on the current step. If the current step has checkboxes rather than radio buttons, then a selection is not required, so the "Next Step" button will always be enabled. Unless, of course, there is no next step.

I considered making the master list of steps on the left also require that you make a selection before moving on, but I decided that would be overly restrictive.

It looks like it's behaving as intended... if you still feel otherwise, can you explain in more detail?
Old 10-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Tsujin
I noticed that you have the same picture for the Red jewel tint and the inferno orange metallic colors, looks like they're both Red. besides that though, excellent job, thank you for your hard work!
Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the image to switch within the popup window. Be patient -- they're all correct.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the image to switch within the popup window. Be patient -- they're all correct.
Oh, you're right, it's the right image, but the photoshop looks very red to me, just a shade darker than the victory red. I was looking for the orange like the one on the GM site.
http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/insi...y/?id=cid00019
My bad, just thought Inferno Orange was more...orange.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:27 PM

Can you add a print button to print out a build sheet to take to dealers? Without the prices, or maybe with option of listing the various prices (invoice, MSRP, employee, etc.) as a basis for negotiation?
Thanks again.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Tsujin
Good question...I remember hearing that they were doing everything they can to avoid it, but I'm pretty sure that it won't get over 22.5 combined mpg(at least with the new EPA standards). According to the Camaro specifications that were released earlier, the V8 gets 23 highway.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Challenger R/T doesn't get a gas guzzler tax, and it's rated at 16/25 with 19 combined, so I'm not really sure how it all works, since according to the chart it should get a 2100 dollar gas guzzler tax.

Anyways, back on topic, great job on the Camaro builder 2! I noticed that you have the same picture for the Red jewel tint and the inferno orange metallic colors, looks like they're both Red. besides that though, excellent job, thank you for your hard work!
The Mustang is subject to the gas guzzler tax so I wouldn't be surprised if the Camaro is too. It may need to be added to the CamaroBuilder when it becomes official.

Here's a list of all 2008 vehicles subject to the gas guzzler tax:

http://www.epa.gov/fueleconomy/guzzler/420b07018.pdf
Old 10-30-2008, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mid-Life Crisis
The Mustang is subject to the gas guzzler tax so I wouldn't be surprised if the Camaro is too. It may need to be added to the CamaroBuilder when it becomes official.

Here's a list of all 2008 vehicles subject to the gas guzzler tax:

http://www.epa.gov/fueleconomy/guzzler/420b07018.pdf
That lists it as a 5.4L M6. Got to be the GT500, which is supercharged and 500+ HP.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dacook
Can you add a print button to print out a build sheet to take to dealers? Without the prices, or maybe with option of listing the various prices (invoice, MSRP, employee, etc.) as a basis for negotiation?
Thanks again.
That's on my list of more stuff to do when I get time.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:11 AM

Should VZG Black Rally Stripes be on there?
Looking forward to a silver and black striped car, unless
I duplicate my 30thZ with a white and orange striped car.....
Old 02-10-2009, 10:30 AM

I think this needs an update since SS2 can be ordered in both blues now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Announcing CamaroBuilder 2.0!