2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5th Gen RS/SS Chop (My version)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 07:32 PM

Re: 5th Gen RS/SS Chop (My version)

Originally Posted by Hawk312
I`ll second that! I wish I could photochop!
I would love to see one in black with white stripes, or red with black stripes! Or maybe Fathom Green with white stripes.

Great work on the SS!
I might try some chops tonight. Photoshop's not really my thing. I'm plenty good at it, but I prefer my 3D modeling software. You can all bet your a$$es that there's a 3D model of this car in the works on my computer though. I want to have some fun with this design!

Kris
Old 01-09-2006, 07:51 PM

Dam! Thats Hot....I Love It!

If GM wont do something along these lines then an after market company should.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:23 PM

i can't wait to see your 3d work kris for they are always kick ***
Old 01-11-2006, 02:18 AM

Ladies & gentlemen, choose your color!

Old 01-11-2006, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by dvader8
Ladies & gentlemen, choose your color!
OMGWTFBBQTHREADHIJACK...

Not to sound rude, but if I'm going to "choose my color" I'd hope to see more than generic colors...

Kris
Old 01-11-2006, 03:02 AM

haha, plus there have been a million other threads with better done colors...
Old 01-11-2006, 03:03 AM

No attempt at a thread hijack. I came looking for as many new pics as possible, and this was one of the first threads I saw.
Then I noticed someone asking to see more colors, and hadn't seen anyone do that yet. So I just popped out a few different colors, just to get away from the silver we've all been seeing.
Besides, this would be the baby I'd buy, if they were released tomorrow!

Last edited by dvader8; 01-11-2006 at 03:08 AM.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by KrisH

Kris
Looks good Kris. Origionally the headlights had to be moved to the outside for RS models. which isnt an issue here. Also the idea of the 69 headlight doors was to have 3 slats so if they didnt work some light would get through them. Why not just have a 3 slat headlight cover that can be removed that look like doors? Kinda like the headlight cover GTS RS dont look good with them open anyway...

Last edited by 5thgen69camaro; 01-11-2006 at 03:56 AM.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:10 AM

How about a billet grille on the bottom air duct and on top covering the entire grille area and the lights?
Old 01-11-2006, 04:34 AM

Guys, do you really think it's that simple? I work at the general, and have been busting A on the concept all year. Don't you think they review about ten zillion proposals? There are very good reasons it wound up looking like it did, and a lot of grilles were made... A S**tload of grilles were made. I work near the sleepelss guy who modelled it so I can vouch for the number of rejected proposals. Everyone has an opinion, and no design would go unpunished. If you do retro people who want ultra-modern get angry, if you do modern retro people will scream, and if you do something with no heritage whatsoever, you will get a big fat WTF? from a ton of people.

I hope you can see past quick judgments, and salute the general for making this car. Blacking out the grille, or adding stripes are gravy. The meat and potatoes are there! It begs for you to buy one and black out the grille or add stripes. That's the point. But PLEASE don't slam the effort that went into this concept.

And Kris please go to Art Center or CCS and get your degree. You should be in the business, but you need to piece of paper from one of those colleges. We need people with your passion and dedication to doing the work.

Peace out,
Gumby
Old 01-11-2006, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by gumbydammit

And Kris please go to Art Center or CCS and get your degree. You should be in the business, but you need to piece of paper from one of those colleges. We need people with your passion and dedication to doing the work.

Peace out,
Gumby
I've considered going to Art Center, but just can't get motivated to learn someone else's style. Seems to me that most people that leave major art schools all tend to draw the same way. Saw a lot of it when Okuyama was teaching in Pasadena. Nothing wrong with that, but the reason I think that my work manages to get good feedback and generate buzz is because I am self-taught and stay true to myself and my passion, not anyone else's.

This isn't a veiled slap in the face to formal education, just some insight into what I think about proper schooling. I interviewed at GM and aside from ultimately not being very interested in the job (bog move from CA, cold weather, etc.,) I don't think I was right for the job. I am GREAT with a computer, but my sketching skills lack these days. I also tend to prefer customizing to designing.

Anyway, I'm sleepy (I work 9-6 designing toy cars...then 7ish-3ish designing real ones!) but that's my 2 cents for now. Thanks for the kind words and the vote of confidence. Great work on the Camaro. It had a lot of expectations to live up to. At this point, it is what it is and screw the naysayers. It's a sweet car and I'll be in line to get one!

Kris
Old 01-11-2006, 07:15 AM
dz

Originally Posted by KrisH
I've considered going to Art Center, but just can't get motivated to learn someone else's style. Seems to me that most people that leave major art schools all tend to draw the same way. Saw a lot of it when Okuyama was teaching in Pasadena. Nothing wrong with that, but the reason I think that my work manages to get good feedback and generate buzz is because I am self-taught and stay true to myself and my passion, not anyone else's.
I'll agree to that to an extent dude. If you already know what you're doing going into it, unless you want to change you really won't. I went into my school with more than enough knowledge in my field (programming). It was good learning other ways to do what I did, but I still had my own style of doing everything. When I came out of it, (sorry to sound arrogant) I hadn't learned too much but at least I had the paper saying I could do it.

Going to school isn't going to hurt your art style at all. Whatever you pick up from school that you like, you'll take with you. Whatever you don't like, you'll just throw to the side and get done just to get it done.

You clearly have the talent. Unfortunately though that's not enough at many places.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:41 AM

Well done, looks great
Old 01-11-2006, 11:03 AM

I like the purple!
Old 01-11-2006, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by dz
I'll agree to that to an extent dude. If you already know what you're doing going into it, unless you want to change you really won't. I went into my school with more than enough knowledge in my field (programming). It was good learning other ways to do what I did, but I still had my own style of doing everything. When I came out of it, (sorry to sound arrogant) I hadn't learned too much but at least I had the paper saying I could do it.

Going to school isn't going to hurt your art style at all. Whatever you pick up from school that you like, you'll take with you. Whatever you don't like, you'll just throw to the side and get done just to get it done.

You clearly have the talent. Unfortunately though that's not enough at many places.

That's good advice, and not just for me either. It applies anywhere (obviously because you went to school for engineering) and offers a good perspective.

I have to admit, another fear/concern I have about going back to school is that it will consume me. I live for what I do and I have built up a decent reputation at a young age and I guess I'm afraid of setting that aside to go to school for something that *might* help me. Right now I'm a full-time employee at Jada Toys and I get to design some fun stuff using my own technique and am getting paid well for it. I don't want to seem "content" but it does make dropping everything and going to Art Center a more difficult decision.

Kris

Quick Reply: 5th Gen RS/SS Chop (My version)