2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

#00192 is home!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Disciple

#00192 is home!!

well, our baby came in this past Saturday. we picked him up from Classic Chevy in Dallas and trailered him home to New Orleans. we were at the dealership since Friday morning waiting for him. so we basically got him right off the truck and onto our trailer.

Eric (our awesome salesman!) makes sure the car is inspected, the recall done, and then left alone. we go sign the paperwork. get some goodies from the parts department and go load the car on the trailer. Scott does a burnout right before we load and we get the car on the trailer.

while we are loading the car, a few people stop by to look... and boy, that was just the beginning. we say our farewells to Eric. that guy is THE F'ING MAN!!! and roll out. by trailering the car i think we got a better view of people's reactions and boy, it was AMAZING! the whole ride home i basically sat looking backwards to see what people were doing. they would cruise up next to the trailer and hang there to get a good look. tons of people were pulling out the camera phones and taking pics. some were giving thumbs up and waving.

every damn time we stopped for gas or food, we got surrounded by people admiring the car. many said it was their first time seeing one in person. all we wanted to do was get home so we could enjoy the car, but we were on our best behavior since we are basically ambassadors for the car right now. i don't wanna spoil anyone's opinion of the car by acting like a bitch just cuz i wanted to get home and drive the bee so bad!

so, finally we get home. it's about 9:30pm once we get the car unloaded and give it a quick wash. all our friends are dying to see it. we head to a graduation party for a dear friend of mine, then we met up with some friends from a local car club. we hung out in a parking lot kinda back off the street and we still had random people pull in to check out the car. i don't even know how in the hell they even noticed it. this car is like a magnet. everyone takes notice and comes to see. Fbodfather was NOT lying when he said it's like driving a celebrity. it's crazy!

after staying up until 1am showing off the car, we spent all day today doing the Zaino process. washing, claybarring, washing again, ZAIO, Z2. we started to run out of Z2 so we only have one coat on right now. i'm gonna order some more. we treated the leather and shined up the tires too. we came inside to take showers, post up for you guys, and now we're gonna go drive around some more.

here's a few shots for your viewing pleasure.

on the truck:

Name:  CamaroDelivery_050909001.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  73.6 KB

plastic still on everything:

Name:  100_2007.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  85.9 KB

trunk full of goodies:

Name:  100_2015.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  74.6 KB

first mod:

trunk mat:

Name:  100_2043.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  61.0 KB

all Zaino'd up:

Name:  100_2089.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  67.8 KB

stripes will be going on Wednesday!!

TONS more pictures can be seen here:

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y17...bee/?start=all
Old 05-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Disciple

here's some videos.

coming off the truck: (please excuse my completely retarded giggle after the car starts up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3GIbv4mWnQ

and a quick burnout before we load it on the trailer: (couldn't really figure out how the traction control worked, i think this was actually done with TC on and Stabilitrak off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj1ANrDOVA0

we were in the back of the dealership for all of this and we still had random people coming up to check out the car. there was one guy there to pick up a truck he just bought (which is who i was telling to go get his truck in the second video)

i have a few more, but i didn't have time this morning to upload them all. i'll add 'em to this thread later.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:23 AM

....pic # 4 is nice....but the light cant reflect off the disco ball...you need the disco ball,mine are all spoken for.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Congrats Selena! That is awesome!!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Disciple

Completely awesome car! Congrats Selena!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:13 AM

Cool Congrattttttttttttttttttttttttttts

Congrats on the purchase of the Yellow Looker!!! Nice color selection!!! Bet you couldn't sleep that first night after bringing the vehicle Home!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:26 AM

That's one hot Camaro! It'll be even better with the stripes installed!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Disciple

thanks guys... and yes, we can't wait to get the stripes on. i'll post up more pics after they are on

and you're right about the no sleep... but it's more because people are keeping us up til all hours of the night wanting to see the car. lollz
Old 05-11-2009, 12:16 PM

Congrats on getting your Camaro!! I'll bet we don't see you posting on here for awhile, because you will probably be spending most of the time with the new baby!!!! You have to raise them right you know!
Old 05-11-2009, 12:48 PM

Now that's the way to break in a new Camaro! Nice car. I'm jelous.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:17 PM

love the burnout
Old 05-11-2009, 09:29 PM

Thumbs up congratulations on your new ss

that is a beautiful car. congratulations. i know you will treat it like a baby. that is so cool. i saw the imperial blue one at dominion chevrolet in richmond last week. that was an ss also. the car is so much more impressive when you see it in person. just looking at it you can tell it is a well made car. chevy got this one right. i am still in the process of making up my mind whether to get one or not. if i do it will be the 1ss just like it is. adding nothing. good luck again and enjoy your new toy!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:40 AM
Admin Emeritus

Another disciple gets their new Camaro! Congrats!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:57 AM

congrats. VIN #192 and you just got it now? what took so long? it might be kinda hard for the stripes to stick to the paint with all that wax on there. looks beautiful.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:41 PM

Nice. I didn't think the car would look to good in yellow, but it does.

Quick Reply: #00192 is home!!