2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Interior] New Interior Shots!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 03:50 PM

New Interior Shots!

http://jalopnik.com/349321/new-2009-...re-motion-blur

Pretty cool!!
Old 01-26-2008, 03:54 PM

ooooo still pretty kinda dark tho

dont think these were supposed to come out! :P
Old 01-26-2008, 03:55 PM

Gads, there's another thread about this in the 'General 2010 news' section too.

I think they look pretty good, despite the duct tape, extreme blurring, lousy lighting and general state of disrepair (worn out cardboard floormats). But I plan to reserve final judgment until a production interior is released for real.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:43 PM

Yup, still the same as before.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:59 PM

The radio screen now has a properly blacked-out lens, though.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:13 PM

I am liking the torque gauge

This is going to be one sweet ride. And I LOVE the halos around the gauges.

I want it NOW!
Old 01-27-2008, 10:28 AM

Looks fantastic. Looks much better w/ the finishers added, and the grained/painted interior pieces!
Old 01-27-2008, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by fastball
I am liking the torque gauge
You often stare at the floorboards when you punch it?

It doesn't really look any better to me. The main cluster and center stack still just don't make sense. The cupholders behind the shifter don't look bad though.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:31 PM

I think it's showing good progress from the last shots - and of course Scott told us there would be, so that's not any sort of surprise. I'm just thrilled that GM is putting a lot of effort into this car instead of just raiding the parts bin for a cobbled together car. Can't WAIT to drive one!!!
Old 01-27-2008, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Shellhead
I think it's showing good progress from the last shots - and of course Scott told us there would be, so that's not any sort of surprise. I'm just thrilled that GM is putting a lot of effort into this car instead of just raiding the parts bin for a cobbled together car. Can't WAIT to drive one!!!
Agreed. I was pleasantly surprised to see what is apparently a Camaro-specific steering wheel for example. It seems to have some 3gen heritage cues in it, such as the flat side blades harking back to the 1982 Camaro steering wheel. I really loved my 83 Z28, and it reminds me of that... but it's also clearly modern, with nice palm swells at 10 and 2. There are a lot of thoughtful design touches like that, which Chevy has not yet had a chance to tout, and which fans have really not yet been able to experience. I believe a lot of this hand-wringing will end, once people can actually try out a real 2010 Camaro
Old 01-27-2008, 05:29 PM

Couple things:

-I'm not in love with how they did the numbers on the speedo/tach. I'd much prefer to see the numbering font used on the C6 used here. The way they look just gives them an "old" sort of feeling to me IMO which makes them a little out of place.

-The HVAC controls are unique but they make me think of video game controllers with their "+" patterns

-I hope there is an option for a good sound system (which Im confident there will be) because I can already see audiophiles having nightmares about upgrading the dash head unit.

That being said I dont dislike the interior but there are things here and there I would change in it. It is definitely unique and I look forward to actually seeing it in person to get a real feel for it.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:34 PM

Been browsing here a while and decided it was time to chime in! My personal opinion is that overall, I like the direction of the interior. Just the other day, autoblog had spy shots of the Challenger interior and most of the posts revolved around the complaint that it was not unique to the car and that they had raided the "parts bin". There were many complaints that the interior did not match the spirit of the car. I think the Camaro team has done a good job providing an interior to match the style of the exterior. That being said, the one area I would definitely NOT go retro is the font on the speedo and tach! Ouch! But thats a personal opinion!

Look forward to joining the conversation more often!

-Bart
Old 01-27-2008, 08:10 PM

The only thing I have a problem with is the turn signal stalk...hopefully that is pre-production still. Otherwise I like it. For me everything looks great until you see the stalk.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:46 PM

hopefully between the two clusters it will say hey look down youre low on fuel and has lil bits of info
Old 01-28-2008, 10:02 AM

Did you notice the low life who wrote the article called the Camaro a "mullet mobile".

Quick Reply: [Interior] New Interior Shots!