2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.
View Poll Results: Retro or Modern Interior For The New Camaro?
All modern interior.
43.51%
Retro Interior.
8.40%
A little bit of both, but mostly modern.
48.09%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

[Interior] New Camaro Interior: Retro or Modern?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 12:34 AM

Re: New Camaro Interior: Retro or Modern?

i have come to LOVE the creature comforts soooo my vote is mostly modern with some ol lookin things maybe!!
Old 12-08-2005, 01:16 AM

I would really like to see a modern interior. Some retro cues would be alright, but nothing that retro. Besides the quality thing, I think the 4th gen interiors were good, with a seating/shifter arrangement like that, and some new guages, I would be fine with it.

One thing I would definetly like to still see on the 5th gen is the continuation of the same 6 guage setup we are familiar with on F-Bodies. I don't like how the GTO has no oil pressure and voltmeter guages. And make sure these guages have numbers on them signifying what you are actually looking at. For example, my friend's SVT Focus has an oil pressure guage, but there are no readings on it anywhere, so you can't really tell what oil psi you are actually at at any given engine speed. I know this is being really picky, but I really like the guages on the 4th gen (for the most part).

One last thing about the guages. Please give the 5th gen a real water temp guage, like the ones the 98s have. I really don't like having an analog idiot light for a water temp guage in my car. Why can't we see what the coolant temp is in realtime? Or, if we have to have the crappy temp guage from the factory, at least make it easy to swap the stock one out for an aftermarket one and keep the stock location.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:18 AM

all modern. the mustang has a retro interior and i absolutely hate it.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:39 AM

A mix. But certainly not that dash in the pictures, the steering wheel is cool though.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:46 AM

I just hope the tach is the main part of the dash, with the speedometer smaller and offset to the side.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by 91Z-28
I just hope the tach is the main part of the dash, with the speedometer smaller and offset to the side.
And that the tach in the 5th gen is actually indicating current RPM, and not lagging behind by a few 100 RPM.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:48 AM

My car is 15 years old and I've never bounced off the rev limiter because of anything like that.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:54 AM

Its something I have heard alot of F-body owners, 4th gen at least, complain about. Especially in first gear. Hell, I have seen it happen in an auto when holding first gear manually.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by RussStang
Its something I have heard alot of F-body owners, 4th gen at least, complain about. Especially in first gear. Hell, I have seen it happen in an auto when holding first gear manually.
all cars are going to be like that. it's more a function of how fast your reaction time is, not the tach lagging. if you know how to drive, that won't happen. my friend never seemed to have a problem hitting the rev limiter with his 12 flat '02 SS M6
Old 12-08-2005, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by stangitr
all cars are going to be like that. it's more a function of how fast your reaction time is, not the tach lagging. if you know how to drive, that won't happen. my friend never seemed to have a problem hitting the rev limiter with his 12 flat '02 SS M6
Find a 4th gen with an aftermarket tach in it, and watch how the stock tach lags behind the aftermarket one. I am not talking about bad shifting here. The stock tach lags.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:32 AM

Modern with retro cues is great IMO. Just not full on retro.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:35 AM

It's got to have a modern cockpit and not feel like you are in a family sedan.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Deviant
It's got to have a modern cockpit and not feel like you are in a family sedan.
I agree. I like the general feel of the LT1 Z28's cockpit... It can of course be improved upon, but I think the new car at least has to recreate that wrap around F-16 like feel.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:08 AM

I want modern flair in the cockpit. Although a general, modern shape of the early Second Gen would be nice for the dash. I always liked the early second gen dash. It was simple and well laid out.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by kick Z tail out
I agree. I like the general feel of the LT1 Z28's cockpit... It can of course be improved upon, but I think the new car at least has to recreate that wrap around F-16 like feel.
I agree. I love the wraparound cockpit. Something like the Solstice interior or even along the lines of the 91-96 C4 interior. I like to feel like I am really driving the car and not just some passenger that just steers the vehicle.

Modern. Old interiors were not good. Back then, much less thought was put into interiors with reguards to ergonomics, comfort, materials, quality, and overall design, so why try to copy that?

Quick Reply: [Interior] New Camaro Interior: Retro or Modern?