2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Interior] Help with Interior Lighting problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 05:09 PM

Help with Interior Lighting problem

I just took delivery of my 2011 2SS/RS. LOVE the car... except the interior lighting. Can't believe that there is only one white interior light! No
footwell lights, not really even a dome light, only the roof light over the shifter.

AND, what's up with the blue accent lighting? In the pictures it wraps around the cockpit. On my car, it is only on the doors. Is this correct or does my car have a blown fuse or something... Is your car like this?
Old 08-05-2010, 07:40 PM

No ambient lighting across the dash. Only on the door panels. Always has been that way since the the first delivery of the 2010s.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:27 PM

That's strange then, and maybe false advertising. I've got a picture of the interior with the blue line of the doors continuing across the dash to the other door. Can't see why they would lie about that when everything else is first rate.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:44 AM

From one "X" to another.

They had originally intended on installing ambient lighting. For one reason or another they did not. There have been serveral people that have added ambient lighting to the dash. I used flexible neon light tubing, but there are other options as well. You should be able to search "Ambient Lighting" and find a DIY if you want to install it yourself. On the 2010's there is a connector in the harness behind the tach that was going to be used for the lighting, that made the install easier to power. I don't know if they still have the plug in the harness of the 2011's.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:12 PM

from my understanding there is a loose plug somewhere that they had planned on adding it to the dash. Some people have actually done the conversion to have a full ambient light like the concept...

You can see some samples of what i am talking about here:
http://www.camarostyleguide.com/SC-interior.htm
Old 08-10-2010, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Camaro X
They had originally intended on installing ambient lighting. For one reason or another they did not. There have been serveral people that have added ambient lighting to the dash. I used flexible neon light tubing, but there are other options as well. You should be able to search "Ambient Lighting" and find a DIY if you want to install it yourself. On the 2010's there is a connector in the harness behind the tach that was going to be used for the lighting, that made the install easier to power. I don't know if they still have the plug in the harness of the 2011's.
The connectors on the harness was removed from late year 2010 cars and is not on the 2011 cars at all, And the OEM way to do it is no longer available, The Tyco parts are now not made any more.

Originally Posted by jcamere94z28
from my understanding there is a loose plug somewhere that they had planned on adding it to the dash. Some people have actually done the conversion to have a full ambient light like the concept...

You can see some samples of what i am talking about here:
http://www.camarostyleguide.com/SC-interior.htm
Not some a lot do have it.