2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Electronics/Car Audio] Bluetooth Phonebook

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 10:29 AM

Bluetooth Phonebook

Hello All - Love the forums, very informative!

Just got a used 2010 2LT RS and I've been trying to get the bluetooth connectivity going with my Samsung Epic 4G android phone.

When I connect it, is it supposed to download my phonebook so that I dont have to program the car separately? I would really like the unit to identify the caller on the display rather than just the number itself. Is there a way around this? I can't seem to find a solution anywhere and was thinking maybe someone here could help!
Old 10-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Admin Emeritus

I think that overall, the system only uses bluetooth to use the phone's cell connection, but doesn't share the phonebook. I know that is how I have it set up with my iPhone, and then I had to program the numbers into the car's system via voice.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:30 AM

I can disagree - my original Droid did in fact dump the phonebook to the car, and callers show with their full name on the display. Make sure that your phone is set to allow the phonebook to be transferred on request. It doesn't let you nametag things like that, but it will come up and it will let you search through the listings to dial from the rotary **** on the right of the stereo.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:15 AM

In my 2011 Mustang the iPhone instantly stored all, songs, names and phone numbers automatically and displays callers name as the calls come in...and it will call anyone by voice command alone. Nice, complete Bluetooth set up without a hastle.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:01 PM

I've got a buddy with an Edge, and I agree, the Ford/MS Sync is pretty sweet. It does dial by voice name, from his phone without him ever recording names for the numbers (on the phone, or in the car). That was quite impressive when I saw that.

But, that said, from what I read/seen, the Camaro system looks pretty good also. Annoying to setup the numbers, but really, setting a dozen or so numbers isn't the end of the world. I'll know in a week or so when mine shows up.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by airos4
I can disagree - my original Droid did in fact dump the phonebook to the car, and callers show with their full name on the display. Make sure that your phone is set to allow the phonebook to be transferred on request. It doesn't let you nametag things like that, but it will come up and it will let you search through the listings to dial from the rotary **** on the right of the stereo.

do you have any idea where that setting might be on an android 2.1 phone? I can't seem to track it down. I would really like this feature to work.