Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

Why not make lounge posts count on your post count again?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 08:37 AM

I understand that policing it would be a PITA... but if you did something like deduct 100 from their count when someone gets caught post whoring you'd probably avoid that particular problem. The mod crew here seems to be pretty on top of things... so I suspect after a few spankings everyone else would fall into line.

In the big scheme of things it's not important... but I also wonder on occasion how much time I've spent on the site.

(edit) - OR you could only have lounge posts count for Premium members.

Dave K <--- Just became premium member after 11 years of being a cheap assed leech.

Last edited by Dave K; 08-13-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:04 PM

I honestly don't care about post counts. Another board I'm on allows you access to certain groups after 100 posts, but since there's nothing like that here, it doesn't matter at all. The other board also counts Lounge posts, but its a cake decorating site, so really, how uptight can you be? Plus, nobody cares at all about the number of posts (except for a lady who just hit 20k... good grief) and I have never seen a post that didn't contribute to the topic at hand in some way.

I think its fine the way it is, and I agree, it would suck if people went out of their way to make stupid posts to increase their numbers.