Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

Too many subforums.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 06:15 PM

Too many subforums.

I think things really need to be corralled around here, there's 11 subforums for the 2010 Camaro, and then a whole separate slew of subforums for the earlier generation. Doubling up on tech forums for each engine type, doubled up audio, appearance, tires, etc sections.

IMO a visual update along with streamlining of the subforums may help out with traffic.

No matter the generation of car there should be a section with subforums for engine tech so there's no doubling of the same info. Not a separate section for engine tech up in the 2010 Camaro area, same can be said for most other stuff up there.

Gen III/IV Engine Tech
LT1 Engine Tech
TPI and earlier Tech

It's just way too cluttered.

Last edited by MachinistOne; 01-10-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Admin Emeritus

Thumbs up

I agree, we have been looking at things like that. Part of the problems is there are so many ways that they can overlap generations, and other ways they do not.

We are open to suggestions on ways to do it so it is more effective and better from a usability and organizational standpoint.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Part of the problems is there are so many ways that they can overlap generations, and other ways they do not.
I know what you're talking about.

I think the old generation "Care and Maintenance" section should be merged with the 2010 sub-forums of the same type like "Audio" "Wheels/Tires" "Appearance" - theory of cleaning and waxing, wheel looks and such doesn't change between generations and doesn't get enough traffic to warrant individual sections.

I would keep a "Troubleshooting" or "OEM" tech for the new 2010 section for each V8 and V6 but then merge anything aftermarket or performance into one "LSx Based" that would include the 16,xxx threads in the LSx section of the '67-'02 subforum, much of that info could be applicable to the later gen despite the difference in cylinder heads. The old generation V6 could morph into "V6 Tech and Performance" to cover both sections of the old gen and the new 2010 performance stuff.

I think that would be a good start and would cut out 25% of the overlapping tech forums.