2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Cult of the Camaro Crow Eater - Should you join?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Admin Emeritus

Exclamation Cult of the Camaro Crow Eater - Should you join?

I mentioned this off-the-cuff a few weeks ago in the CamaroZ28.Com Podcast and got a little bit of positive feedback about it. This is all in good fun, not intending to single anyone out.

In light of an interesting trend I have not only noticed but expected to happen, I am hereby starting the "Cult of the Camaro Crow Eater". While I am not a member and there is no need for a leader, I believe that some people will soon join if not "unofficially" in the past.

WHO SHOULD JOIN?
Those who need to eat some hot steamy Camaro Crow. They know who they are but for example, in one thread people have stated they will never buy a new Camaro because some bad image got leaked that is simply not a good image to base a decision on or a rumor that had no proof to back it up. Then after a different image or data is revealed, they use the icon or say "I can't wait to get mine!". If I am talking about you, then you need to join the Cult of the Camaro Crow Eater today!

WHY JOIN?
Why not? It is all in good fun, remember? Joining is to be considered a proud and happy moment and nothing to be ashamed of. There will be some that should join but will remain stubborn as the gravity of their feeble self-confidence will overpower the act of stepping up and admitting that they simply changed their mind. There will be others that will not join this cult as it simply will not apply one way or another because they have never made quick uninformed statements or simply won't ever like the car at any point. Either case is perfectly acceptable.

HOW TO JOIN
When you make a post in this thread declaring the following line: "I have now joined the Cult of the Camaro Crow Eater", you signify the following:
  • That before you made your declaration, you publicly took a stand against the Camaro based upon:
    - Blurry, out of focus, poorly lit, poorly angled spy shots or low-res barrel-distorted crappy cell phone pics
    - Pictures of incomplete and duct-taped up and camouflaged test mules
    - Assumption based on rumor, speculation, or just someone running their mouth with no basis of fact
    - The fact that you overlooked important repeated facts such as "those are not the production headlights", etc.
    - Failure to realize or remember that nothing on the car is final until it arrives on the showroom floor
    - Any combination of the above, despite the "wait until you see the real thing/more details" suggestions
  • That after you made your declaration, The crow that you will be eating is in retraction to above mentioned public stand due to the emergence of additional information, better images, or just changing your mind.
  • That you officially admit that the point of the declaration is the moment you began eating crow, although you would have joined in the past if the opportunity had presented itself (if applicable).

The Cult will always be open to new members. For example, If you swear up and down that you will not buy another Camaro ever again because you are sure they won't make it in Hugger Orange and they actually do, a seat is waiting for you. If you have ever said "I was going to buy it, but not after seeing those quad headlights", you should be a charter member. If you have ever said "No T-Tops, no sale" and then are signing papers on a new Camaro a little over a year from now, guess what? There are many variations of these examples, we have all seen them. If you are saying, Hey...sounds like me!", it's okay. Welcome to the Cult!

This thread can also be referenced to direct a prospective member to join as necessary in the future. Any "Cult of the Camaro Haters" or similar that are formed in response to this one are to be done on another site, which only makes sense.

These rules, bylaws, and guidelines of the Cult of the Camaro Crow Eater are subject to change at any time.

BTW, I would have called it "club", but cult sounds cooler while not actually having a connection to any religion (for the record).
Old 03-16-2008, 12:23 PM

I hear hot steamy Camaro Crow goes well w/ the mango salsa.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Exposed Member

Only thing I've ever said is that I wouldn't pay over MSRP.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:22 PM

I have a feeling the list will grow by are large margin in late Sept. even if many won't admit it.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:36 PM

Great idea for the naysayers

I'd offer to join, but am not sure if I qualify
Old 03-16-2008, 07:51 PM

You should open it up to all those who said the Camaro would "never happen".
Old 03-16-2008, 08:14 PM

I'll join, based on the fact that I think it will be too heavy.

How's that?

PS. I don't like the headlights.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by CaminoLS6
It is open to anyone who can enjoy the joke.

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
I'll join, based on the fact that I think it will be too heavy.
I think you are a bit early, Bob...it still might be.

PS. I don't like the headlights.
I don't think anyone does.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:48 PM

I am in the cult... Cult of the Faithful
Old 03-16-2008, 08:54 PM

Ohhhhhh man...I wish LS1.com didnt go to crap a few years ago. There were sooooo many threads in which the "faithful" were laughed at...
Old 03-16-2008, 09:21 PM

I don't recall anyone saying it would never happen.

Some said no camaro till 2009-2010 though.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:22 AM

I hearby announce that I too will join the Cult of the Faithful
Old 03-17-2008, 07:26 AM

Yep. Plus all those who said GM was "going bankrupt next week" and going to be bought and carved up into little pieces by Kerkorian
Old 03-17-2008, 11:33 AM

I'd like to join Cult Of The Faithful too! And I vote Fbodfather as the leader
Old 03-18-2008, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
I mentioned this off-the-cuff a few weeks ago in the CamaroZ28.Com Podcast and got a little bit of positive feedback about it. This is all in good fun, not intending to single anyone out.

In light of an interesting trend I have not only noticed but expected to happen, I am hereby starting the "Cult of the Camaro Crow Eater". While I am not a member and there is no need for a leader, I believe that some people will soon join if not "unofficially" in the past.

WHO SHOULD JOIN?
Those who need to eat some hot steamy Camaro Crow. They know who they are but for example, in one thread people have stated they will never buy a new Camaro because some bad image got leaked that is simply not a good image to base a decision on or a rumor that had no proof to back it up. Then after a different image or data is revealed, they use the icon or say "I can't wait to get mine!". If I am talking about you, then you need to join the Cult of the Camaro Crow Eater today!

WHY JOIN?
Why not? It is all in good fun, remember? Joining is to be considered a proud and happy moment and nothing to be ashamed of. There will be some that should join but will remain stubborn as the gravity of their feeble self-confidence will overpower the act of stepping up and admitting that they simply changed their mind. There will be others that will not join this cult as it simply will not apply one way or another because they have never made quick uninformed statements or simply won't ever like the car at any point. Either case is perfectly acceptable.

HOW TO JOIN
When you make a post in this thread declaring the following line: "I have now joined the Cult of the Camaro Crow Eater", you signify the following:
  • That before you made your declaration, you publicly took a stand against the Camaro based upon:
    - Blurry, out of focus, poorly lit, poorly angled spy shots or low-res barrel-distorted crappy cell phone pics
    - Pictures of incomplete and duct-taped up and camouflaged test mules
    - Assumption based on rumor, speculation, or just someone running their mouth with no basis of fact
    - The fact that you overlooked important repeated facts such as "those are not the production headlights", etc.
    - Failure to realize or remember that nothing on the car is final until it arrives on the showroom floor
    - Any combination of the above, despite the "wait until you see the real thing/more details" suggestions
  • That after you made your declaration, The crow that you will be eating is in retraction to above mentioned public stand due to the emergence of additional information, better images, or just changing your mind.
  • That you officially admit that the point of the declaration is the moment you began eating crow, although you would have joined in the past if the opportunity had presented itself (if applicable).

The Cult will always be open to new members. For example, If you swear up and down that you will not buy another Camaro ever again because you are sure they won't make it in Hugger Orange and they actually do, a seat is waiting for you. If you have ever said "I was going to buy it, but not after seeing those quad headlights", you should be a charter member. If you have ever said "No T-Tops, no sale" and then are signing papers on a new Camaro a little over a year from now, guess what? There are many variations of these examples, we have all seen them. If you are saying, Hey...sounds like me!", it's okay. Welcome to the Cult!

This thread can also be referenced to direct a prospective member to join as necessary in the future. Any "Cult of the Camaro Haters" or similar that are formed in response to this one are to be done on another site, which only makes sense.

These rules, bylaws, and guidelines of the Cult of the Camaro Crow Eater are subject to change at any time.

BTW, I would have called it "club", but cult sounds cooler while not actually having a connection to any religion (for the record).
Fantastic idea!!

Of course, I'd make it involuntary and simply search and post their comments, but I'm a bit of an extremist anyway.

Quick Reply: Cult of the Camaro Crow Eater - Should you join?