2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cult of the Camaro Crow Eater - Should you join?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Disciple

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada (20 min. down the road from the "Shwa"!)
Bottom line is that this is a cult car, so it's only fitting... just gotta provide the link to this thread to a couple of the local boards in my area!!
... should be good for more than a few yucks!!
Good stuff, dude! Thanks!!

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 03-19-2008, 11:20 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Jason -- you are truly priceless!!!!

I've had a longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg week in New York...and when I saw this thread, I just started to laugh........

I'm willing to pay good money to induct a few (make that more than a few...) in this 'cult' --

I have a longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg memory.......and I've already stated that I was going to serve up a whole bunch of words to several people.

Seriously -- go look at what's happening here -- and on SEVERAL other sites.

We removed the cammo -- and in some cases, we're getting crucified.

Comments like ........."I don't like to see mufflers......" --- well -- NEWSFLASH.....it's a PREPRODUCTION CAR............and all the production parts aren't on the mule you're looking at.

"I think the car needs a spoiler!" (Ya think????????????) It is a ...say it with me people...PRE-PRODUCTION CAR........and it is NOT COMPLETE.......there are parts missing.......................

"I don't like the headlights" -- Dear GOD -- how many times do I have to say 'They are not production???'

(sorry folks -- as I said before......it's been a longgggggggggggg week and I've had no sleep..........)

God love ya - -most of you have been so supportive -- all I ask is that you PLEASE leave your final judgements for the day you see the FINISHED product. (at Indy in September!)

Trust me...........we have tried so hard to keep the production car as close as possible to the concept --and in the final analysis -- most of you will LOVE what you see!

KEEP THE FAITH!

Last edited by Fbodfather; 03-19-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:59 PM

cant wait to see her in person as a final production product scott.. just cant wait.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:56 AM

Don't I get immediate/automatic membership as a Mustang owner? And maybe a nice, new Camaro provided to me in order to keep me from slipping to the dark side? Maybe?

Last edited by Cat Girl; 03-20-2008 at 01:01 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:06 PM

Will the prices at indy be revealed too ?
Old 03-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Nice!
Old 03-21-2008, 11:55 AM

I have faith this car is going to rock.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
KEEP THE FAITH!
If Scott got a nickel for every time he has said those three words... I swear, he'd have a fortune rivaling Bill Gates. Do you honestly believe that, with influence from people such as Scott and his passion for this car, we will be disappointed? I sincerely doubt it. No, not everyone will like the body lines, no, not everyone will like the interior, no, not everyone will like the production headlights -ducks-

But... Based on the spy shots, the overall package, being as close as it is to the concept that people LOVED and voted best in show, is going to be a smash. As an outsider and the target buying market, I am fully confident in this vehicle and the company behind it, judging by the reactions I have seen from various forums, my co-workers and the general public. After all, just think back to the reaction at those premiere showings of Transformers when Bumblebee changed into the 5th gen...
Old 04-06-2008, 12:02 PM

Count me in. I didn't like the concept at first but it grew on me until a month or two ago when I started seeing the cars on the road with no camo. Now I like everything about it except the grill which I like more than I used to. I see that GMs aftermarket might take care of that anyway. Can't wait to get mine!
Old 04-06-2008, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Jason -- you are truly priceless!!!!

I've had a longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg week in New York...and when I saw this thread, I just started to laugh........

I'm willing to pay good money to induct a few (make that more than a few...) in this 'cult' --

I have a longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg memory.......and I've already stated that I was going to serve up a whole bunch of words to several people.

Seriously -- go look at what's happening here -- and on SEVERAL other sites.

We removed the cammo -- and in some cases, we're getting crucified.

Comments like ........."I don't like to see mufflers......" --- well -- NEWSFLASH.....it's a PREPRODUCTION CAR............and all the production parts aren't on the mule you're looking at.

"I think the car needs a spoiler!" (Ya think????????????) It is a ...say it with me people...PRE-PRODUCTION CAR........and it is NOT COMPLETE.......there are parts missing.......................

"I don't like the headlights" -- Dear GOD -- how many times do I have to say 'They are not production???'

(sorry folks -- as I said before......it's been a longgggggggggggg week and I've had no sleep..........)

God love ya - -most of you have been so supportive -- all I ask is that you PLEASE leave your final judgements for the day you see the FINISHED product. (at Indy in September!)

Trust me...........we have tried so hard to keep the production car as close as possible to the concept --and in the final analysis -- most of you will LOVE what you see!

KEEP THE FAITH!
Any car that weighs 3800ish lbs or more is not a performance car and not something Id waste time buying... I cant see much changing from pre production to actual production. Sure the car looks pretty cool at least in most of the pics and its just cool to be cool, but cmon. All the stuff Im hearing is that the car will be lucky to be in the 37xx lbs bracket and will be closer to 39xx. Why make another GTO? Who wants a performance car thats gonna break any time you decide to abuse it a little? Even if it stays stock its not goin to get fixed at a dealer because as soon as you have drivetrain issues GM will say its driver abuse.

So Im joining the club Jay... And while Im at it can I join the LS1 F-body Club, the Cobalt SS club and the Regal GS club? Im not happy with any of these cars. I really think the only reason I keep buying GM performance cars is because my parents worked for GM.. Unless the Camaro comes in at around 3500-3600ish, Im out... 01-02 Z06 is where its at
Old 04-06-2008, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomTA
Any car that weighs 3800ish lbs or more is not a performance car and not something Id waste time buying...

Nissan GT-R
First off, the car is a bit heavy given its sporting mission, tipping the scales at 3,800-plus pounds -- but in light of the GT-R's physics-defying cornering ability, who cares?
http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/gtr/2009/review.html
Old 04-07-2008, 01:44 AM

Well I ain't gonna buy it cuz I hate the headlights. Look like Pep Boys junk.

Ok seriously now. I'm one of those guys that hates to try new things. I'm always one of the last to jump on a new trend. I liked the Camaro's exterior enough. Still waiting to see the final interior. But all in all I still wasn't sold on it. More and more though it looks like there will be one in my garage soon...with PADDLE SHIFTERS!!

Wife is going to kill me. We're supposed to be building a new house next year. I might be eating crow instead.

Last edited by Gripenfelter; 04-07-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Any car that weighs 3800ish lbs or more is not a performance car
Shouldn't you be determing whether a car is a "performance car" based on its performance, rather than on its weight?

Weight is just one factor that goes into a vehicles overall performance. It's definitely an important factor, but center of gravity, roll center, weight distribution, suspension parameters, tire size, tire choice, and several other parameters can come together to make a heavy car perform astonishingly well.

Let's take, for example, the Lotus Exige S and the Nissan GT-R. The Nissan weighs nearly twice as much (3850 vs 2050, putting it squarely in the "3800ish lbs or more" category you mentioned), but matches or beats the Lotus in almost every category, including lateral G's on the skidpad (0.97 for the Nissan, 0.96 for the Lotus).

So, is the Lotus Exige S a "performance" car? Of course it is.

If one car is a "performance" car, shouldn't another that performs similarly also be considered a performance car?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:36 AM

Any car that weighs 3800ish lbs or more is not a performance car and not something Id waste time buying... I cant see much changing from pre production to actual production. Sure the car looks pretty cool at least in most of the pics and its just cool to be cool, but cmon. All the stuff Im hearing is that the car will be lucky to be in the 37xx lbs bracket and will be closer to 39xx. Why make another GTO? Who wants a performance car thats gonna break any time you decide to abuse it a little? Even if it stays stock its not goin to get fixed at a dealer because as soon as you have drivetrain issues GM will say its driver abuse.

So Im joining the club Jay... And while Im at it can I join the LS1 F-body Club, the Cobalt SS club and the Regal GS club? Im not happy with any of these cars. I really think the only reason I keep buying GM performance cars is because my parents worked for GM.. Unless the Camaro comes in at around 3500-3600ish, Im out... 01-02 Z06 is where its at
Some other over-weight, non-performance cars.

2006 Mercedes-Bens SLR - 3801 lbs

2006 Ferrari 599 GTB - 3865 lbs

2005 Bugatti Veyron 16/4 - 4162 lbs
Old 04-07-2008, 09:42 AM

BTW- Thanks for putting up with all the crap, Fbodyfather. I can't promise I'll buy the Camaro, but I am going to wait for it to come out before I buy anything. I just didn't realize how nice or affordable (for me, at least) the Corvette really is. I think its going to be a tough choice. I wish I could afford both.

Quick Reply: Cult of the Camaro Crow Eater - Should you join?