New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

Hi all!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 07:02 PM

Hi all!

Hey everyone, my name is Shane living in mesa az!. I bought a aqua blue 1996 z28 last week with 106k miles! I purchased it knowing there were some engine problems for 1500$! Not bad I think, has a straight body no dents or bondo. But the az sun has ruined the clear . She is in a good friend of mines hands being torn apart and repaired. 1 thrown rod and 4 bent. I have had some questions already and they were answered promptly! Great community glad to be apart of it.

Ps: would love some website recommendations for bolt ons and interior options!
Old 11-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Re: Hi all!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.com!!!

Good to see another LT1 being brought back to life.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by 96zee
Hey everyone, my name is Shane living in mesa az!. I bought a aqua blue 1996 z28 last week with 106k miles! I purchased it knowing there were some engine problems for 1500$! Not bad I think, has a straight body no dents or bondo. But the az sun has ruined the clear . She is in a good friend of mines hands being torn apart and repaired. 1 thrown rod and 4 bent. I have had some questions already and they were answered promptly! Great community glad to be apart of it.

Ps: would love some website recommendations for bolt ons and interior options!
Welcome here as well Shane,

Congrats on your Camaro! It's great to have you here.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 11-04-2013, 08:24 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm glad to have a camaro and I'm glad to have chosen this old lt1, Was debating selling her because the damage was more then bargained for but after a few hours together I could not let her go . Soon her paint will be restored to a show room finish, interior reupholstered, and that beautiful lt1 purring like the day It left the factory!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by 96zee
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm glad to have a camaro and I'm glad to have chosen this old lt1, Was debating selling her because the damage was more then bargained for but after a few hours together I could not let her go . Soon her paint will be restored to a show room finish, interior reupholstered, and that beautiful lt1 purring like the day It left the factory!
96zee,

You're very welcome! Yes, you must hold onto her. I wish you all the best with the restoration. Keep us updated on everything too if you don't mind.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 11-08-2013, 09:06 PM

I will definitely keep a thread up to date, once her engine is running good I'll post a before and after video. Then go from there as the restoration moves forward! Quick question though, I need a few opinions on the color. Redo her original paint, or go with all black!?