New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

20 reasons

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 03:32 PM

20 reasons

No, I'm not talking about 20 reason why Quest Racing sucks, although.....nah, I'll save that for another day......

Here's XX reasons why the Patriots win Super Bowl XXXVIII:

I - Bill Belichick has two weeks to prepare. He won't be a pretty sight when he finally emerges from his bunker.

II - Tom Brady is a big-game winner. Tom Cool is 5-0 in the playoffs. He was the MVP of Super Bowl XXXVI, so if he can outduel Kurt Warner, don't you think he can outduel Jake Delhomme?

III - If Peyton Manning can be confused by the Patriot defense, imagine what will happen to Delhomme.

IV - Antowain Smith, who had 92 rushing yards in Supe XXXVI against the Rams, will have a career game in his hometown.

V - Tortured Jet fans need another reminder that Belichick was their H.C. for exactly one day after Bill Parcells stepped down.

VI - God, wracked with guilt, gives New England a makeup call for Grady Little and the Red Sox.

VII - The Panthers will tell you they're not happy just to be there, but they'll be happy just to be there. The Patriots are not happy just to be there, mainly because Belichick allows no time for happiness anywhere until it is time to receive the Lombardi Trophy.

VIII - There isn't a better money placekicker than Adam Vinatieri, whose 48-yard FG as time expired beat the Rams in Supe XXXVI.

IX - Panther TE Jermaine Wiggins played for the Patriots two years ago, even caught the 16-yard pass to set up Vinatieri's game-winner, and remembers nothing.

X - In a calculated gamble, Fox has Panthers radio analyst Eugene Robinson speak to the team the night before the game. Half the team misses curfew, the other half watches The Lingerie Bowl at halftime pitting Lawrence Taylor coaching against Eric Dickerson on pay per view from Los Angeles.

XI - Panthers center Jeff Mitchell is suckered by Boston media into detailing how in Super Bowl XXXV Ravens destroyed the Big Blue defense when Fox was coordinator.

XII - God, wracked with guilt, lets Dan Klecko win the Super Bowl ring his father Joe never captured with the Jets.

XIII - Charlie Weis, with the Raiders head-coaching job still open, devises the mother of all offensive game plans just in case Al Davis is watching.

XIV - Romeo Crennel, with the Raiders head-coaching job still open, devises the mother of all defensive game plans just in case Al Davis is watching.

XV - The New England defensive line grows sick and tired about hearing about the Panthers' Front Four and uses it as motivation.

XVI - The Panthers have a plus-eight turnover ratio in the playoffs. But what happens when the other team doesn't turn the ball over?

XVII - The Panthers are 8-0 when scoring 21 or more points and 6-5 when scoring less than 21. They'll be scoring less than 21 against the Pats.

XVIII - Belichick knows Panthers special teams coach Scott O'Brien and strength and conditioning coach Jerry Simmons from his Cleveland days and offensive coordinator Dan Henning from his Jet days. Trust me, you don't want Belichick knowing anything about you.

XIX - Ricky Manning Jr. watches in awe as Ty Law shuts down Steve Smith.

XX - The underdog Panthers haven't felt the pressure yet. They will feel it on Super Sunday.

This was taken from todays NY post.

Marc
Old 01-20-2004, 08:48 PM

ill agree w/ quite a few of those.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:13 AM

Sounds good to me! But I'm not getting excited until the Lombardi trophy is in Belichick's hands!
Old 01-30-2004, 09:55 PM

I just can't help checking in on a PAT'S thread