N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

question on "piecing" together a 2 stage system (long).....

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 07:55 PM

question on "piecing" together a 2 stage system (long).....

i am looking to put together all the pieces i need to do a 2 stage system on my 94 LT1 i have installed in my 73 camaro with the M6. i have quite a few friends that are nitrous junkies , but all run carb setups.. and they have some spare parts that i am thinking of putting to good use

i have access to 2 super powershot NOS systems and was wondering what i would need to make an adjustable first and second stage on my LT1. i need a complete parts list and any other info / tips you can provide.

i would like to run 1 bottle so i would need a larger feed line to the engine compartment to feed 2 nitrous solenoids?

then i would need some sort of splitter or "Y" to split the main nitrous line to the 2 solenoids?

would i use 2 NOS fogger nozzles mounted in the intake elbow for this?

not sure on wiring this ... would one system come on at launch .. then turn the second stage on down track and turn the first off? or would you leave the first stage on full track with the second stage adding to the first?

also, have no idea on jetting on this ..

do you have any ideas on this, or can point me in the right direction.

i am in no hurry, just want to start putting the pieces together. i know that buying a new nx dual stage kit would be easier... but my budget is blown already and need to keep cost under control on this.

thanks in advance.
Old 11-11-2002, 12:41 AM

I have a made a 3 stage fuel and nitrous controal (tech)sechmadic You have to know your eletronics stuff to under stand it.
But it isn't much good with out a wiring diagram that I havent even started.
I don't know if it will help but I can send it to you.
Old 11-11-2002, 01:48 AM

You can use the powershot soleniods, they are good for around 150 hp. I have built a couple kits using NX Shark nozzles, they seem to mix better than the NOS brand. I would set it up for both kits combined to be your max. needed hp.. say you want a total of 250, run the 1st stage at 100, and the second at 150. You'll be hard pressed to get much more than 150-200 hp out of a single nozzle, even with the higher fuel pressure of a FI car; plus, your exceed the capabilities of the nozzles.
Now, if your running a basically stock LT1,then 150 is about the max you want, and you can run that on a single stage.
As long as you are running a 150 total or less, you can use one bottle, anymore than that and I see too much rpessure variations. I prefer to run a seperate bottle for each system. If you do decide to run both off one bottle, use -6 line from the bottle to the y, and -4 from there to the solenoids.
So far as jetting, when you get ready to order the nozzles, just tell them what HP you want, and the fuel pressure you are running, and they will set it up.