Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

[Ohio] Rich From Back Street Performance Injured

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 03:14 PM

Exclamation Rich From Back Street Performance Injured

Just wanted to let everyone know about Richj. He is a member here and owner of Back Street Performance.

He took a spill off of one of there lifts while wrestling/working with one of their cars on Tuesday April 12th.

He is out of ICU now, but was injured pretty bad and is still in the Hospital. He had several broken ribs, a few cracked, broken scapula and pelvis, as well as a cracked vertebra.

Please keep his healing, recovery, and rehab in your prayers; obviously keep his wife and son in your prayers as well as they run the shop without him and travel back & forth to see/visit him.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:16 AM

Re: Rich From Back Street Performance Injured

Damn, sorry to hear this
Old 04-21-2011, 03:15 PM

I asked Pete (Pedders) if he wanted me to pass this statement on and he said yes.. So I am sharing this with everyone
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by JusticePete
Rich is a tough guy. He is on his way to recovery, but that will take months. We had scheduled a Pedders Day for May 21st at Beck Street. We are making a change. It will be a get well party for Rich. We are inviting everyone that can make it to the RICH JOHNSON GET WELL PARTY on May 21st. Rich will be there if we have to hold electric wheel chair races to drag him in. We'll have food and a BIG CAKE.

Pedders is a family owned business in Australia and in the USA. Our Dealers are all family owned businesses and we take care of our own. I'll be at the party to support Rich as will some of my very best Dealers. The Dealers are coming to help out with the party and to hopefully write sales orders for Back Street. If you need a bit for your Camaro, GTO, Charger, Challenger, 300C, G8 or GMT900 and you don't have a Pedders Dealer, Back Street would be the perfect choice for you. If you don't need anything but want to encourage a one of the true gentleman in SCCA, NASA and the performance industry to get well, please come by on the 21st. Between now and then, keep Rich in your prayers.

Rich,

Don't worry about anything. Eric is doing a great job. He has filled the shop with business by offering 90% discounts.

Really, don't worry about anything. Eric is doing a fantastic job. Your friends are behind you 100%. Focus on getting healthy. We'll see you at your Get Well / Welcome Back Party on the 21st!

Last edited by TLSTWIN; 04-21-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:48 AM

Just wanted to give everyone an update.

I went to go see Rich last night. As Pete mentioned, Rich is a tough guy. You would never know by looking at or talking to Rich, that he was as beat up as he is.

He said that he thinks they are moving him from the trauma unit to the rehab floor today. He has a long/tough road to being able to walk on his own.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:15 AM

That is horrible.

I hope he recovers quickly.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:20 AM

Just wanted to give an update.

I just talked with Rich last night, rehab is going good. He is thinking he will be home Thursday or Friday, but he still has rehab to get him back to normal.

It will be good to see everyone at there shop on the 21st.

If anyone is planning on being there please PM me, the GTO guys need to get the right amount of food. Here was the original plan for that day: https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=806764

These activities are still going on.

Last edited by TLSTWIN; 05-03-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:47 AM

If you are planning on going to this event, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I have to let them know how many are coming so we have enough food.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:55 PM

Sponsors Flyer

http://buckeyegoats.com/phpBB3/viewt...hp?f=9&t=13697

I amnot sure how to or why I can't post pictures, so there is a link to the GTO forum where this all started.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:52 PM

This saturday, weather looks good

This was posted by one of the GTO peeps that is helping out on this event:

This is one of the best events of the summer and we have some really cool things planned. You won't regret the trip!

Goodie bags for the first 100 people only!
10% off Pedders that day
20% off all scheduled work via Back Street up until that day.

Great time to take advantage of the savings and at the same time help out the Johnson family!
Old 05-20-2011, 10:42 PM

OK, this welcome home / dyno day is tomorrow....great things planed from what I am hearing.