Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

Anyone going to Super Chevy at the Grove?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 06:46 AM

Question Anyone going to Super Chevy at the Grove?

Our plan is to take the motorhome out and stay the weekend. Rick is talking about going Thursday afternoon but I may drive out Thursday night or Friday morning.

Anyone going? Jim - need a place to stay?! We owe you!!! Oh, wait... they don't allow mustangs to run at Super Chevy.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:34 AM

I still have the chevy powered Formula. Battery is charged. Need to change plugs and wires, change fuel filter, drain fuel tank (sitting 2 yrs), and throw on the rear tires. I'm now able to craw over the side bar without knee pain. Felt really good to sit in the car again. I'm planning to have the car ready for Atco on Aug 15th and do want to get a few runs in before that race. Super Chevy may be a nice first outing. You guys are a bad influence to me. I'm still hearing about the Del Mar incident.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:30 AM

No knee pain?! Yay!! Maybe it's because you haven't "layed down" any scooters in the pits lately?

It looks like we're still going. Rick took the 4 door to E-town yesterday to put a few passes on it and he ended up going to 4th round. For a turbo car in a Sunday points race, that's pretty good!

Old 07-06-2009, 08:37 AM

Rick can go rounds in a shopping cart. After 5 weeks without racing I went to the Grove yesterday with the Mustang. Lost 3rd round in pro. I was .008 on the tree, wasn't going to get stripe so i dumped just before the line to get a bigger seperation, going 14.256 on 14.22 dial. Would of run a 24. Mr blue camaro (looked like a super stocker) was .008 on the tree and ran a deadly 9.687 on a 9.68. ouchie momma. It was a noble effort by the street pony.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:30 AM

King of the Track this Sunday at Atco... take the mustang and run Street. I'm thinking about taking my Honda.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by 5SPDCHK
King of the Track this Sunday at Atco... take the mustang and run Street. I'm thinking about taking my Honda.

That's an idea. I was embarrassed by my lights last time I was there. Maybe I can redeem myself. Is the King race just for street? Side note I'm shallow staging the mustang without anticipating the tree. Should make for some interesting pit discussions.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by kazman
That's an idea. I was embarrassed by my lights last time I was there. Maybe I can redeem myself. Is the King race just for street? Side note I'm shallow staging the mustang without anticipating the tree. Should make for some interesting pit discussions.
I think it's KOT for all 3 classes - at least that's what Rick told me. I'm sure my lights in my Honda will be embarrassing too.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:44 AM

I think it's KOT for all 3 classes - at least that's what Rick told me. I'm sure my lights in my Honda will be embarrassing too.

I'll check with the track. I wanted to talk to Bud anyway. True confessions, my last lights there were .004, 044, 053, and .037 all red. Need to calm down and wait for the light. I did a bit better this past Sunday. I'm going to make tenetive plans to come down and hope to enter street and pro.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:30 AM

Jax, I just called Atco, King of the Hill Race is Saturday. All 3 classes ST, PRO, and Super. Part of the normal bracket race series. I already have plans for Saturday. Sunday would of been good. Looks like I will be at the Grove.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by kazman
Jax, I just called Atco, King of the Hill Race is Saturday. All 3 classes ST, PRO, and Super. Part of the normal bracket race series. I already have plans for Saturday. Sunday would of been good. Looks like I will be at the Grove.
Cool. Thanks for the clarification. Wouldn't it be nice if I could show up and run Pro in my nova? Wishful thinking.

I have no weekend plans yet so I could possibly show up and run my Honda.