LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

SummitRacing throttle body thumbs up

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by seawolf06
Well you haven't listed your mods and that's the most obvious and common reason. Great job at being a jerk.
Jerk?????? I think not.... You answered a question not address to you.... As far as mods, I dont believe it is relavent to my thread, since it is about the quality of a product, not about mods......

If someone would have asked, I would have replied....

I think you need to look in the mirror......
Old 07-30-2007, 10:20 PM

I have the summit 58 mm throttle body and everything works great. Only complaints about the product is that One of the bolts was too long. And it also makes that weird sucking sound. But besides that excelent product.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by n2ceptor
Jerk?????? I think not.... You answered a question not address to you.... As far as mods, I dont believe it is relavent to my thread, since it is about the quality of a product, not about mods......

actually, im wondering about mods because I am thinking of doing a 52mm on my bolt-on LT1 but dont know if it'd help or not and was wondering what mods you had
Old 07-31-2007, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by reamo04
actually, im wondering about mods because I am thinking of doing a 52mm on my bolt-on LT1 but dont know if it'd help or not and was wondering what mods you had

Stock for now w/catback exhaust, CAI, 24lbs fuel injectors(93Z had 22lbs stock) and Hypertech chip, but soon in the near future:

Parts waiting to be put on.....

355 cid w/ Summit kit FEM-CSMHP766-300 (cost effective)
Crane cam 104227 aka; power max 2033, compucam 2033
LT4 spring kit (cost effective)
Comp cam magnum 1.52/1.6 rockers SA( debating on configuration)
SLP headers w/ Hooker aerochamber muffler

I am just making a daily driver with alittle punch..... Figured I would put on the throttle body and see if I like it.... And its a yes....

Reseaching for about 2~3 years, reading threads, checking web sites, talking with people, waiting for good deals, etc....

It appears I made the right chose for my little project.... Projected horse power around 300~330.... But I am in it for the torque...
Old 07-31-2007, 06:19 AM

Here's a write up I did on the Summit 58 mm with detailed pictures.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:46 AM

Re: SummitRacing throttle body thumbs up

Hi I just bought summit tb for my 94 z28 i have 2 problems now first it sticks open at around 1000 to 2000 rpm and cable become loose after I installed it and the cable is nonudjustable I used zip ties compensate the space but it keeps sticking now and then .any idea?
Old 02-24-2015, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Which cable is loose... the pedal cable or the cruise control cable? Did you install the gasket?
Old 02-24-2015, 07:36 PM

Is the cable getting loose because the throttle blades are binding in the manifold bores? I'm really just asking if you have completely unrestricted movement of the throttle. If you put a 58mm tb on an unmodified manifold you could see some sticking or limited travel...
Old 03-04-2015, 12:04 AM

Well i have not had good luck here is the video
Old 03-04-2015, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by n2ceptor

Folks are just wondering probably at which point on a engine build up it is good to go with such a big throttle body.Air is rushing in at about 200 miles per hour anyway,so we(I) would like to see the formula.When is it needed that's all.Hope this helps.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Fatdog2
Folks are just wondering probably at which point on a engine build up it is good to go with such a big throttle body.Air is rushing in at about 200 miles per hour anyway,so we(I) would like to see the formula.When is it needed that's all.Hope this helps.
You do realize you are replying to a 7-year old post, by someone who hasn't visited the site in a long time??????

The active question in this thread is from "Evren Erdogen" and he has problems with high idle and a slack throttle cable. Unfortunately, he posted a week ago, and never bothered to come back to the site to check for a response.

Last edited by Injuneer; 03-04-2015 at 07:20 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:07 PM

I missed it.My bad.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
You do realize you are replying to a 7-year old post, by someone who hasn't visited the site in a long time??????

The active question in this thread is from "Evren Erdogen" and he has problems with high idle and a slack throttle cable. Unfortunately, he posted a week ago, and never bothered to come back to the site to check for a response.
Evren is back sorry I thought I was going to get notified by mail for your thoughts however I got another throttle body from summit .made by professional products .guess what?same thing it even sticks in 5000 rpm omg I could blow the engine .and to drop it down I have to stop the engine letting no vacuum in the engine then it closes the blades off then I'm fine .I can't get any result talking to customer service who they know only surfacely I need an engineer to talk to .I mean that's so irritating I dont wanna damage my tranny or other components one thing I noticed was the cable spring which is on the shaft was much weaker comparing to original tb so even vacuum holds it open .any questions or answers welcome guys
Old 09-05-2015, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Evren Erdogan
Evren is back sorry I thought I was going to get notified by mail for your thoughts however I got another throttle body from summit .made by professional products .guess what?same thing it even sticks in 5000 rpm omg I could blow the engine .and to drop it down I have to stop the engine letting no vacuum in the engine then it closes the blades off then I'm fine .I can't get any result talking to customer service who they know only surfacely I need an engineer to talk to .I mean that's so irritating I dont wanna damage my tranny or other components one thing I noticed was the cable spring which is on the shaft was much weaker comparing to original tb so even vacuum holds it open .any questions or answers welcome guys
I had exactly the same problem with a Summit TB. After reading other posts and having no luck I figured out what was wrong. The car would start ok and idle for awhile. I did do the drilled hole mod for the IAC and the copper tube in the IAC canal to mimic the stock TB. The idle was fine until the car warmed up after a few minutes. Then the engine would stay a 2000 rpm or even higher. I could knock the rpm down somewhat by tapping the pedal, until the engine got a little hotter and it wouldn't tap down. I took the TB off and let it cool. It worked fine when cool. I heated my kitchen oven up to 220F and put the TB in the oven for 20 minutes or so, until it was hot and took it out. I tried to open the blades and let them go. They opened ok but when I let them go the didn't close. The problem is the blades or the shaft is sticking. I looked inside the TB at each blade edge and could where the blades were rubbing the body. I tried using emery strips to see if I could get rid of the problem. It did help some and I think if I would have done that long enough I would have gotten rid of the problem. I got tierd of doing it and went ahead and got a Holley. Worls great with the Vortech S/C.
Anyway, that's what I found to be the fast idle problem with my Summit TB.
I'll probably finish sanding the blades one of these days just to make it something more than the paper weight is now.
Hope you got yours working ok.