Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 Powertrain Discussion > LT1 Based Engine Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2014, 03:14 AM   #1

build 1996 z28?

Wondering best route to take build 1996 lt1 six speed if so war heads cam go in forged bottom end 383stroker or should I part ways and get this 01 as for 8grand near me its stock. Whatever I do is gona be dd
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
SSdatboiuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:41 AM   #2

Re: build 1996 z28?

lloyd elliot.....

thats what I'm going to do. i think level 2 heads and custom cam is only $1600

95 Z28 a4, slp cai, Mac headers
Chet1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:33 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to HardcoreRM125
Re: build 1996 z28?

Honestly, once you get beyond Heads/Cam, the LS1 to LT1 advantage disappears. Better off having a blown bolt on LT1 for the same price as a heads cam intake LS1 car. LT1's are definitely disadvantaged when stock to stock but the price difference and the availability of used aftermarket performance parts make an LT1 car ALMOST as cheap as a ****** 5.0 Stang. Just, less, like-alot, ugly.
95' Z28 Vert M6, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, 3" Cutout, FM Cat-back, CAI, 1.6PM's, 918's, 10* Stuff, BRE Cam, PCMforless, 30# SVO, 255LPH Racetronix w/Hot Wire Kit, Mallory 685, 160*, LT4 KM, !AIR, !CAGS, Pro-5.0, Perma-Cool Oil Cooler, LCA, SFC, STB, PHR, TA & Cross Member, G-Load Brace.
HardcoreRM125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:33 PM

Reply Post New Thread