LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

For all you Corsa owners?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 08:20 PM

For all you Corsa owners?

I just have a couple questions.

1. What made you pick Corsa over Borla or B&B Triflow?
2. If you didn't install it yourself, how much did it cost you do get it installed?
3. Is the Corsa with the Premium tips really worth it for $700?

Also, if any of you have any sound clips of your car, or good corsa clips, post away. Thanks.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:52 AM

Within reason I have always believed you get what you pay for. The corsa system and the borla are very good quality. I chose the Corsa because they were the only ones to lay claim to any HP gains. On a ta you don't need the premium tips. I have them on my ws6 and would have been fine with the standard tips but not having seen one with standard I errored on the side of caution...save some money and just buy the standard tips. Install is easy by yourself...check corsa's site for sound clips. Not familiar with B&B.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:03 PM

I just got my Corsa cat-back today, my friend and i are going to be installing it on friday. i plan on doing befor and after videos, and doing a step by step install with pics. i hope to have them up for everyone by sunday. but ill let you know how hard the install was befor then.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:36 PM

Well I am going to have to disagree with you all and say stay as far away from Corsa as you can!! Someone said you get what you pay for and yes that is ture, the quality is fantastic but the price is also high too. Here is one thing to look at, the replacement cost of a muffler, I busted mine from road debre and Corsa said tuff luck, our lifetime warrenty doesn't help you there, a new one is $400 CDN. So I simply took it off and set in the corner. Go buy some headers for the price of the Corsa, IMO not worth it at all.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:27 AM

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Ned4spd.

I can tell you that my experience with Corsa has been excellent. I bought one of their first systems and ended up having a broken weld. I called them up, talked to Paul Santiago and within 2 days had a replacement muffler with the return postage paid. I have had zero problems with my muffler since.

As far as the system build quality is concerned? Top notch. Every pipe, clamp, & hanger fit perfect. The system sounds great and looks even better....I swear it's getting louder as I put on the miles. Total time to install the system (not including time to remove my dual/dual), about 40 minutes.

Check my sig for pics......