General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Window felt...need part numbers and info.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 05:49 PM

Window felt...need part numbers and info.

The felt at the top of my doors on the outside is getting worn down and starting to produce vertical scratches on the window from being rolled up and down. Can someone give me the part numbers for these pieces? And I have no idea how to go about replacing the strips..Are they attached to the rubber trim piece at the top of the door? What is involved in replacing them? thanks..

Last edited by Lees94Formula; 04-02-2006 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:52 PM

Re: Window felt...need part numbers and info.

If these are what I think they are then the part number is: 10257988 - Stabilzer,Frt S/D wdo

There are 4 of them and please tell me how they come out and are replaced as I am having the same problem as you are.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:49 PM

Im not sure if thats the part number or not, but I know I replaced my about a year ago and now the whole stripe is one big felt strip that cant rot off. Its alot better than those little blocks with felt on them
Old 04-02-2006, 09:46 PM

You'll need to replace the entire trim edge along the top edge of the door. The "new part" had one solid bumper along it instead of the 3 or 4 little bumpers.

To replace it you'll need to remove the door panel, inside felt bumpers and the corner mirror bracket. Then with the window down pull it loose. It is clipped on with several metal clips. Getting the clips on the new one to seat properly is fun.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Z28_95RIDE
If these are what I think they are then the part number is: 10257988 - Stabilzer,Frt S/D wdo

There are 4 of them and please tell me how they come out and are replaced as I am having the same problem as you are.
The stabilizers are on the inside.

P/ns for the outer strips as listed on my website:

10284222 RH
10284223 LH
Old 04-02-2006, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by TraceZ
You'll need to replace the entire trim edge along the top edge of the door. The "new part" had one solid bumper along it instead of the 3 or 4 little bumpers.

To replace it you'll need to remove the door panel, inside felt bumpers and the corner mirror bracket. Then with the window down pull it loose. It is clipped on with several metal clips. Getting the clips on the new one to seat properly is fun.

Yep. I still don't think I have mine quite right. I'll be playing with it all spring, I'm sure.
And I found my passenger window motor was in horrible shape. The added pressure of brand new felts make my window slow. Oh well!
Old 04-03-2006, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by shoebox
The stabilizers are on the inside.

P/ns for the outer strips as listed on my website:

10284222 RH
10284223 LH
Is it necessary to remove the door panels to replace the outer felt strips/trim piece?
Old 04-03-2006, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lees94Formula
Is it necessary to remove the door panels to replace the outer felt strips/trim piece?
Go back and read my post.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:32 PM

update..I got the parts and installed the driver side..followed shoebox's guide for removing the panel..not too hard but it did take awhile because I was paranoid about breaking something. With the panel off and the window down there wasn't enough room to pry the old strip away from the top of the door so I had to remove the two inner guides from the top of the door to give me room to nudge the glass inward so I could separate the piece. And YES, gettin the new part to seat properly was a b****. Had to pry the clips apart slightly and still a very tight fit. SO..I put the inner guides back in place, in the position I marked them in, put everything back together, get in the car and roll the window back up...and its off! The tint line is showing by a quarter inchon the back half of the glass in the full up position and I can see from the outside its going up too high in the rear, not parallel. So off the panel comes and I start making fine adjustments with the upper stop adjuster until the tint line is back to normal and the window seats like it did on the weatherstrip before. Finally got it to match the passenger side and look perfect when fully up. So I go to wash the car and water POURS in near the upper left corner. So I do the "dollar bill" test on both side windows and sure enough the driver side tension feels loose. So I go back in and start messing with the "inward-outward" adjusters with the allen heads as described in shoebox's guide. Turned them both about two full rotations clockwise and tightened the hex nuts back down. Put the hose back on it and the water slowed drastically to a slight drip.
So my question is, should I get down on the allen heads some more and will I risk damaging anything by doing so? It confuses me how the adjustments got off in the first place as careful as I was with the felt install.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:46 PM

It is not at all out of the ordinary to have to readjust the window afterwards. It sounds like you've got the right idea.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:22 AM

Yea I believe I had to readjust my after installed the new felt
Old 08-13-2010, 07:44 AM

Smile Camaro Window Felts

We have the felts now for sale, contact me and I will send you more info.