General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Here's one for ya

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 11:47 PM

Here's one for ya

I just put a radio in my 94 formula never cut any wires used factory connectors and some thing I think is weird is happening. When the radio is on the running lights and dash lights are on? Tonight when I shut my lights off they wouldn't go down until I opened the door, then they went down? Is this normal or what?
Old 12-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Sounds like you have a cross-connection from the retained accesory power (RAP) supply (intended to power the radio for 10 minutes after you turn the key off, or until a door is opened) to the dash lights (which should not be connected to that power source. Since the dash lights connect to the radio to power the radio lights, the short would appear to be at the radio harness connection.

Might want to try this in the "Car Audio and Electronics" forum.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:45 PM

Got it fixed...I have a dash/illum wire coming off my connection and (don't know what I was thinking) hooked it in to the power wire for the radio. Went back and looked at everything and wanted to slap the @#$# out of myself for it. But all fixed now. Now I just have to get gears and tire's for the Pontiac Nationals in Norwalk,OH in August. Can't wait it's going to be a blast.