General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Help!! Still have issues with camaro

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 07:27 PM

Help!! Still have issues with camaro

cheri042713

Hello Everyone,
Sorry I haven't been on the forum much. I am still having issues with my Camaro. I had spent about $1400 on it in one week. It's jerking and hesitating when going down the road & now because of that I have to now put another transmission mount on it ( 3rd one). Also, when I either slow down or come to a complete stop, it cuts off on me. It's a pain in my butt. I have replaced all 3 coils, the clutch, pressure plate, slave cylinder, flywheel turned, an O2 sensor replaced, spark plug wires replaced ( spark plugs good. 100,000 mile spark plugs in it.), and a fuel flush done. Anybody have any ideas what's wrong with it? I'm going to replace the catalic converter, which doesn't have anything in it, the other 2 O2 sensors, fuel filter, & put one last transmission mount on it. If this doesn't fix it, then I will have a diagnostics done & possibly sale it from there. Take any suggestions.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:54 PM

Re: Help!! Still have issues with camaro

What year camaro ??? what engine ...V6 ?
is the check engine light on ? Have you scanned for codes ??
most auto parts stores "auto zone " can scan for codes although they have trouble
on cars older than 1996
Old 04-03-2014, 12:51 AM
Administrator

Re: Help!! Still have issues with camaro

Probably would have been a good idea to have the "diagnostics" done before you spent all that money. As noted above, need detailed info on the car - year, engine, trans and any major modifications. What, if any testing have you done? Have you checked the fuel pressure? Why did you replace the specific parts you list? Has the vehicle been looked at by a knowledgeable mechanic?

I found your earlier post on "New Member Introduction". I quoted and copied it here.

ARE YOU STILL EXPERIENCING THE "ABS INOP" AND "BRAKE" LIGHT ISSUES?

Last edited by Injuneer; 04-03-2014 at 05:29 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:24 AM
Administrator

Re: Camaro

Originally Posted by cheri042713
I am having an issue with my Camaro. Will try to give whole picture so you can understand my issue and hopefully can help.

When you apply the emergency brake or have low brake fluid, the brake light is suppose to come on the dashboard. My emergency brake works fine and the brake fluid level is good. My Camaro has two check engine lights, and an INOP ABS light as well as the other lights like the brake light, low oil, etc., etc. The check engine lights have both been on since I've bought the car. Still both on with the other instrument cluster I bought.

The Brake light on the dashboard had been working properly until recently when I noticed it wasn't working at all. I have taken it to a few mechanics about it. One said it was a blowed bulb and one said broken circuit. Both right per say. The light bulbs that are to the brake, inop abs, check your engine lights, etc., etc. are sautered into the circuit board. Can't just change the bulbs like you can for the dashboard lights for the gauges.

Was told I needed another instrument cluster. I bought another one. I compared the one I bought to the one that was originally in my Camaro. On my circuit board the INOP ABS light and Brake light bulbs were broken. On the one I bought all are in tact. All the lights come on like they're suppose to and then go out except for the check engine lights, brake light, and the inop abs light.

Just at this time trying to get the inop abs light off and the brake light working properly on the dashboard. So, now the INOP ABS light and brake light are on all the time when the car is running.

Was told that the Camaro wouldn't pass inspection with both these lights on. How do I get the INOP ABS light to go off and get the brake light on the dash to work properly. Inspection is due in August and am now trying to get it fixed now instead of waiting the last minute. Any suggestions?
I'm going to break this up into paragraphs, and move it to "General 67-02 F-Body Tech" in the thread you posted recently.