General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

First mod?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 12:21 PM

First mod?

I'm wondering what I should do now......I don't have a very large budget at all at the moment, and I'm just asking what is the cheapest mod I can get to add even the least little bit of performance? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:49 PM

Re: First mod?

couple free mods. check out www.installuniversity.com, other than that search on here in parts for sale, or ebay, etc for a lid. other cheap ones can be k&n filter (some debate as to if it really works) tb bypass. smooth bellows seems like a waste to me, but you can find them cheap. ssra is around $200 new.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by myslowcamaro
couple free mods. check out www.installuniversity.com, other than that search on here in parts for sale, or ebay, etc for a lid. other cheap ones can be k&n filter (some debate as to if it really works) tb bypass. smooth bellows seems like a waste to me, but you can find them cheap. ssra is around $200 new.
He's got a 94... The first mod should be any general maintenance IMHO. You should check/change transmission fluid, rear end fluid, have the brakes checked out, flush coolant if needed. If the car has all the general maintenance done, then go from there.

I would start modding with a used/cheap catback exhaust, and a Cold Air Kit.
Check this board or e-bay for used parts that can be had cheap.
Look around, odds are there is an F-Body association near where you live, and people always have stuff for sale, and that will save you alot on shipping, and some will cut prices the less they have to do to get the parts to you.

Good Luck, and have fun with your new car.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kris93/95Z28
He's got a 94... The first mod should be any general maintenance IMHO. You should check/change transmission fluid, rear end fluid, have the brakes checked out, flush coolant if needed. If the car has all the general maintenance done, then go from there.

I would start modding with a used/cheap catback exhaust, and a Cold Air Kit.
Check this board or e-bay for used parts that can be had cheap.
Look around, odds are there is an F-Body association near where you live, and people always have stuff for sale, and that will save you alot on shipping, and some will cut prices the less they have to do to get the parts to you.

Good Luck, and have fun with your new car.
Thanks man.....yeah I was thinking about getting the SLP CAI as one of the first things......when I bought the car it had a fresh tune up...plugs/wires/cap, and a few days after I bought it I had the transmission fluid changed. Oh and the previous owner had ceramic brakes put on all the way around. But yeah, the CAI was the direction I was thinking about taking first....thanks for the input.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:08 PM

I would go with a cheap cat-back like I did. It will give you a little extra power, and you will be able to hear the difference as well.