General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Cruise Control not working after T56 Swap...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 10:27 PM

Cruise Control not working after T56 Swap...

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get Cruise Control working in my T56 inspired Jag Xj6. I have wired up the system based on the diagram below:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24984984/GM%...0XJS%20(1).pdf

This set up worked for an A4 setup, but I'm having trouble getting it to work with my new T56 setup. For my T56 setup, I haven't added the second in-line switch for the brake pedal, but I figured for testing purposes it should be essentially the same as having one switch, as the clutch anticipate release switch functions as a normally closed circuit, until the pedal is depressed just like the primary brake switch.

Here's the wiring diagram I used to confirm the correct connections in my vehicle:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24984984/lt1...k%20wiring.pdf

since the system worked on an automatic, perhaps it is a tuning issue? or is there another additional switch that I am not taking into account? My current set up does not have a clutch "saftey" switch, ie having to start the car with the clutch down, although I don't think that should matter either, right?

Any help?
Old 07-16-2012, 09:55 PM

Re: Cruise Control not working after T56 Swap...

Well, I think i might have figured out the problem -- big time stupid mistake by me.

I got so wrapped up in seeing that I had voltage at the GP wire that I didn't even consider the possibility that i might not have the "High Mounted Lights" -- and in fact, I don't. I only have regular rear tail lights. I;ve seen the arrays at the junkyard, and i guess my brain put them both together somehow.

While the wiring diagram I have indeed lists the high mounted lights, I'm guessing they were an option at the factory and my car didn't get the treatment.

That being said, I guess the tail light voltage is not enough to bleed the circuit down. Now I need to figure out a way to emulate having the high mounted lights. In reading this post, it looks like people have had the same problem when they add LEDs to the high mounted array -- can cruise be functional by tweaking the voltage drop at the array? If so, could I just "fake" having the high mounted array?
________