General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Camaro 96. lt1

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Re: Camaro 96. lt1

If your pressure cap isn't holding 18psi (that also raises the boiling point) you could overheat.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:52 PM

http://shbox.com/1/opti_vacuum_conn.jpg The PCV valve is disconnected "Driver side" whats the function and how can I plug it back?
Old 05-11-2015, 05:11 PM

Pressure was going out of that it says 18 lbs but the cap can be damage!?
Old 05-11-2015, 06:05 PM

sorry got another problem. Cleaning my car right now I press the gas pedal completely and the pedal is not stuck now but it can go up and down freely. The throttle blades are open. What may cause this? please help !!!!
Old 05-11-2015, 06:13 PM

Found the problem the throttle got stuck with a metal think that blocks the throttle to be fully open
Old 05-23-2015, 09:08 PM

I drove the car with only water. For about 11 miles the car runs really smooth. The car overheat ones But I found the problem. The radiator have a 1.5 inch crack in the left side of the cap. I also got a new cap. I found a person that knows how to fix radiators so Hes gonna change the top of the radiator. It seems that maybe the water kill my battery. Went it overheat the water cameout of the crack and the alternator and battery were full of water. I took out the alternator and the battery. "They have guarantee" And Autozone found that the alternator was running like new, It pass all the test. They also check out the battery and the battery was Dead. And the battery is damn Big" is a optima battery -jhonson controls- So idk what caused the problem but a Electromechanic will check my car out Monday or tuesday. after that Ill fix the radiator. May the water kill the battery? Please let me know thanks
Old 05-23-2015, 09:10 PM

And Can I also put a LS1 head in my lt1? or can I swap the intake manifold to a new one? c7 or something like that?

Last edited by AtlasXVIII; 05-23-2015 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by AtlasXVIII
And Can I also put a LS1 head in my lt1? or can I swap the intake manifold to a new one? c7 or something like that?
There is no interchangeability of those parts between the two engine families.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Battery was "dead"? Do you mean it won't hold a charge, and cannot be recharged? How old is it?
Old 05-24-2015, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Battery was "dead"? Do you mean it won't hold a charge, and cannot be recharged? How old is it?
The battery was 3 days old. I got the new alternator a 150amp. and it was ok. Bit after the car overheat the water was all over the battery and the alternator. In my way home, "water was coming out, beause the water was boiling" About a 1 mile from my house I saw The battery going down, down and down. I gave it 100% of theottle and the same it was going down. I park my car in the garage"it was a noticeble loss power, the car was strungulin too go in the garage, is a 45° ramp" Next day my Wife was going to mall, so she make me move the car, the car started and I move it. But I look at the battery and you can see the power going down "lets said 2 lines every 4 seconds" The guy at Autozone told me that the battery was "Dead" thats the term that he use. Dont really know if it was Dead Dead or without charge.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by shoebox
There is no interchangeability of those parts between the two engine families.
Ok, I was thinking of Putting a new Intake manifold, throttle and Injectors. any suggestions?
Old 05-24-2015, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by AtlasXVIII
Ok, I was thinking of Putting a new Intake manifold, throttle and Injectors. any suggestions?
Unless you are making other major modifications to the engine, there is little need or benefit to doing any of those things.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by shoebox
Unless you are making other major modifications to the engine, there is little need or benefit to doing any of those things.
I was thinking in a little turbo and 8 psi or 12. With stock internals the car is my daily car so I dont want any damage. In the future TT
Old 05-24-2015, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Why not solve the current problems, THEN start a new thread about how to upgrade your engine?

Did they replace the battery? Should be under warranty. Water accumulating between the "+" and "-" terminals can cause a battery to slowly discharge, but would not do any internal damage.

When you first installed the new alternator and the new battery, what voltage was the dash voltage gauge indicating, 10-15 minutes after starting the engine, and still running?
Old 05-24-2015, 03:15 PM

I don't remember but Ill say 2 lines over red marks. They change the battery. I still have to put the alternator. Ill put it right now. But Ill put the battery tomorrow. there is also oil coming out of the engine. In the position that the car is it splits oil 45° But at horizontal it doesn't. The oil is coming out apparently were the tranny is or close. The oil is engine oil not tranny . You know were maybe the oil is coming out? I love the car it remembers my Dads Iron z .!!

Quick Reply: Camaro 96. lt1