Exhaust System From headers to exhaust tips

What to get

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 03:59 AM

What to get

I have a 1994 z28 Camaro and I wanna get headers and an electric cutout. any suggestions tips or help?
Old 04-05-2013, 04:48 PM

Re: What to get

Pacesetter ceramic coated long tubes.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:19 PM

The only problem with long tube is that to get them installed because its such a tight squeeze that ill have to lift the engine up about 4 inches. or at least thats what Ive read
Old 04-09-2013, 06:45 PM

When I replaced my transmission three weeks ago, I went on ahead and had them install my pacesetter long tubes 70-2239 and y-pipe 82-1161, on lift the removed the steering linkage from wheel to rack&pinion, and removed the back two spark plugs, angled them in from bottom, passenger side they removed alternator and the back two spark plugs, angled them in from bottom as well, saw them do it just to make sure they would fit properly.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:56 AM

Awesome thanks man, do I need a y pipe if im going to get the cutout. it has a dual flowmaster system but I dont know what series (some kid had it before me and he didnt know **** about the car (or how to take care of it)
Old 04-13-2013, 10:09 AM

And by getting the headers and cutout what exactly is that going to do for my performance?
Old 04-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Administrator

When connected to a quality 3" cat-back system, you will probably gain about 15-20HP with the headers, and another 5HP of so when you open the cutout. Hopefully you already have a cold air intake, because the intake and exhaust upgrades really compliment each other.

Whether you need a Y-pipe depends on what you plan for the rest of the exhaust. If you plan to connect the headers to a single intermediate pipe (typical of a cat-back) you must have a Y-pipe to connect the two header collectors to the single intermediate pipe. If you plan to run "true dual" exhaust, you will not need a Y-pipe. But you will need the hardware to run from each header collector to a muffler, and over the rear axle if you choose to go that route.

If you currently have the stock intermediate pipe, and simply a flowmaster cross-flow muffler in the stock location, at a minimum you need to upgrade to a 3" mandrel bent intermediate pipe. If the Flowmaster is an 80-series, you should just opt for a quality cat-back system, which will include a 3" IM pipe and a better muffler. Magnaflow makes a good cat-back for decent dollars. If you have the money, a Borla cat-back would be better.

Then there's the issue of whether you need a cat (or cats) to pass emissions.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:06 PM

Well I was running the headers and y-pipe dumping in front of axle no air, egr, or cat, 3inch, and was stupid loud for a daily driver, went on ahead and put a 2.5inch reducer going in to a thrush welded muffler and still have it dumping in front of axle, and have gained midrange torque back that I had missing, can get from a stand still&roll my buddy's gto 6.0 420rwhp and keep up with it after he hits third, no tune and no 1/4 mile times yet, can't wait

Last edited by dmaderaitt; 04-13-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:26 PM

Im planning on just keeping the Flowmaster exhaust system and for when the cutouts closed, it does have a cold air intake.